Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: New SRO Discord server
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:07 pm 

~ Removed | Silkroad Forums strictly prohibits the following: Advertising and spam in forums or chat channels. - dom ~

Last edited by Feataler on Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New SRF Discord server
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:17 am 
Elite Member

SRF deviated further and further away from SRO as the years went on and so did it's community, and I mean the ENTIRE community. It has absolutely nothing to do with the discord server, the server is simply a representation of the active (if you can call SRF active in the last 10 years) community on the site. You may ignore the other part of SRF (notably the largest part of SRF for a long time) and call them illegitimate all you want but that doesn't make it true.

Throwing around insults in discussion because someone doesn't agree with your methods or opinions is childish at best and shows that you have no leg to stand on. I can not fathom why you think insulting my intelligence is a good move but I'm sure it makes sense to you somehow. SRF is SRF, not OTL and not the SRO community, you trying to break that up shows exactly how much you care about the community in the first place.

As much as you want to pin ill intent onto other people, it is entirely unwarranted. If you want to know how the discord server came to be and why it's set up as it is just ask rather than assuming everyone has it out for you and the other people who actively play SRO. So rather than calling people names, how about talking it out with the actual community instead of trying to rip it apart? Because that is exactly what your power play is going to do.

SRF is a community of administrators, moderators and members. Each with their own reason for being here, many having nothing to do with the game the forum was originally intended to represent and it was a better community for it. Welcoming anyone into the fold without asking anything of them in return.
Insulting the team of moderators and admins that ran this site for over a decade doing a job that very few wanted, keeping this thing alive when the game was well and truly dead, is beyond shameful and certainly not what someone of the great community that I have been a part of for most of my life would do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:57 am 
Forum God

well said ol3n. i was thinking that i dont see the point in a 2nd server.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:02 pm 
Banned User

Well it's gonna be difficult answering such an emotionally charged and opinionated comment politely. Why don't you follow your own advice and rephrase that into a proper, rational question and we can have a civil discussion about it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:28 pm 
Elite Member

And which part of that do you think makes it hard to be polite?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:05 pm 

0l3n wrote:
And which part of that do you think makes it hard to be polite?

Well how about the accusations of there being insults in the OP, it being a power play and your personal judgement of me seeing evil everywhere for a start?

It's just a thread advertising a discord server. It's meant for the people of SRF who don't feel much of a connection with the OTL niche community. You don't wanna join that's fine, keep walking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:59 pm 
Forum God

your idea to revive srf isn't great, given you only mean to divide those still active. Many of whom may not move are sources of information that is still very valid given the game has barely changed in the last 10+ years.

Ol3n's post was quite well structured and polite. it appears you hold some kind of dislike to him and that could be better solved by taking this private. you don't air dirty laundry.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:35 pm 

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
your idea to revive srf isn't great, given you only mean to divide those still active. Many of whom may not move are sources of information that is still very valid given the game has barely changed in the last 10+ years.

Ol3n's post was quite well structured and polite. it appears you hold some kind of dislike to him and that could be better solved by taking this private. you don't air dirty laundry.

Your bias is clear. Making false accusations and getting judgemental is not polite. That you would accuse me of holding dislike against him, when he was the one getting personal in the first place, is nothing if not hypocritical.

As I said before, neither of you are being forced to join. You don't like it, go on about your business. When Poehalcho went and declared his discord the "official" one, no one went there and accused him of making power plays. So return the same respect and be polite to others.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:21 pm 
Elite Member

As I explained to you in our DM (where you did insult my intelligence quite explicitly mind you) the discord was made in corroboration with the active community including the team of SRF staff. It was not some strange power play, it was a combined effort.
And if you misread my post that is unfortunate, as I said the insult was in our private DM where you were trying to poach me to your "new official SRF discord server" where you know full well what you said as I pointed it out when I ended our discussion due to you taking that road.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:38 pm 
Banned User

Poor little victim :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Now I'll admit, starting 'my' server off as 'official' was incorrect. Honestly, at the time I didn't even think about it, I just wanted something that would draw people in. It was official in the same sense as a bunch of other nonsense threads like Official Game Of The Year 2012 - Winner!, The Official SRF Aion Players Thread, the [Dota 2] Official Thread, etc.

With that said, the server was started up as a combined effort by the few people that were still frequenting this place as a means to reconnect with everyone that used to come here. It was probably as official as it could have been at the time.

We put the effort in (our Queen Sacchin/Clownpiece especially did quite a bit) and eventually it was somewhat of a success. We got the old moderators on board, they liked it and they made it official. If Cin and Dom disagreed with anything I wouldn't have a sticky post :D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:03 pm 
Elite Member

Guthix wrote:
Poor little victim :(

Never claimed to be a victim of anything in my life. But good to know you're capable of a fruitful conversation. Not sure what exactly you have against me seeing as I'm not even sure I've ever seen you before in my life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 am 
Forum God

Feataler wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Your bias is clear. Making false accusations and getting judgemental is not polite. That you would accuse me of holding dislike against him, when he was the one getting personal in the first place, is nothing if not hypocritical.

As I said before, neither of you are being forced to join. You don't like it, go on about your business. When Poehalcho went and declared his discord the "official" one, no one went there and accused him of making power plays. So return the same respect and be polite to others.

Honestly what is your problem? You really seem hurt and i don't get it. If you don't have a problem with ol3n why kick up all this fuss? You clearly don't wish to address any issues of the srf rather your solution is to try split the limited community, you are trying to cause a rift and frankly you are only set to lose the battle. Do you care to explain why you can't just talk SRO on the current discord server? i mean you have the best chance of finding other players there compared to trying to find people to join your server.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:19 am 
Banned User

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
Feataler wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Honestly what is your problem? You really seem hurt and i don't get it. If you don't have a problem with ol3n why kick up all this fuss? You clearly don't wish to address any issues of the srf rather your solution is to try split the limited community, you are trying to cause a rift and frankly you are only set to lose the battle. Do you care to explain why you can't just talk SRO on the current discord server? i mean you have the best chance of finding other players there compared to trying to find people to join your server.

What are you even talking about? You don't make any sense :D

I posted a thread recruiting for a new discord. Olen was the one who came here and brought up our personal conversation in the first place, while adding his personal opinions and insults. Then you claimed it was me doing it first? Kudos for white knighting your friend I guess?

You're both wasting your time. Go play victim elsewhere. No one's attacking you to begin with. You do you and I do I.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:01 am 
Forum God

You are so pathetic. Why cant you resolve your issues properly rather than try make another discord group. As i said you are trying to cause a rift. If you want to create a silkroad discord group go nuts, try call it a SRF group and start saying you represent the overall community then you will get some questions from those who have been part of the community for quite some time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:50 am 
Elite Member

Guthix wrote:
What are you even talking about? You don't make any sense :D

I posted a thread recruiting for a new discord. Olen was the one who came here and brought up our personal conversation in the first place, while adding his personal opinions and insults. Then you claimed it was me doing it first? Kudos for white knighting your friend I guess?

You're both wasting your time. Go play victim elsewhere. No one's attacking you to begin with. You do you and I do I.

Sigh...
You posted a thread recruiting for a new discord and then trying to go behind the back of the moderators and admins of the official discord server, who are the official SRF staff by the way, by calling your server "The new official SRF discord server" behind their backs. If you don't understand how that is scummy behavior you're a lost cause.

Why you now are trying to actively fight the community, mind you have not asked anyone here to side with me, is beyond me. You're doing exactly what I said in my original post.

Now I brought up our conversation in the first place because it showed me you're not doing this in good faith. Instead it made it clear that it was some sort of misguided power play because you thought the team of moderators and admins were somehow a corrupt group of friends. Therefore that conversation, and how you act in it, is relevant to the topic at hand.

Lastly, are you sure you read my post? I can't for the life of me find whatever insult you claim I have thrown your way in my post. But hey, it's good of you to be trying to play victim ;)

EDIT:
Guthix wrote:
You do you and I do I.

How did I miss this little golden nugget. This is the problem in the first place isn't it? You're not even trying to represent the will or best interest of SRF in the first place. You couldn't care less if the entire community here was against what you were trying to pull.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:38 pm 
Banned User

If you think I'm doing this to upset you, you're both being really dumb falling for it and doing exactly what I'd want to see you doing, if it were the case.

It's not though. We're just a small circle at the moment. We play SRO and we are members of SRF. That's really just it.

But anyway I mean yeah your words are deeply profound and revealing of my inner self-conscious. I will try to meditate tonight about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:40 pm 
Elite Member

Quote:
If you think I'm doing this to upset you, you're both being really dumb falling for it and doing exactly what I'd want to see you doing, if it were the case.

The fact that you don't see how stupid that sentence sounds does make me think I might be giving you far more credit than I should. I genuinely think that you are incapable of intelligent discourse at this point judging by the many examples of such failed attempts.

Quote:
It's not though. We're just a small circle at the moment. We play SRO and we are members of SRF. That's really just it.

That is definitely not what you said in private when you tried poaching me to "the new official SRF discord" and not the sentiment that the original post conveys.

But in any case I would like to thank you for making my point for me far better than I ever could.

Post subject: Re: New SRO Discord server
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello my friends,

Feataler, as I mentioned to you and to your discord, the discord we are currently using is an SRF discord, not an SRO discord.

It's a place for members of SRF to catch up with old friends and talk about shared interests. Some of those interests may include SRO but it's definitely not a requirement.

I edited your thread title to SRO server rather than SRF server. As I mentioned, you're free to do as you wish and I wish you the best. The current SRF discord, however, is the SRF discord.

So that those few that may be deserving of your experienced leadership in these dark times may find their way into your new home, i'll leave this up as a courtesy.

Please don't try to stir up drama anymore. We get it: you play SRO and you want your own discord for your band of merry men. The fact is that none of us really care.

Have a great day,

Big D

PS: I find it cute that you say you're making this new server because:

(1) Those in charge never even having played the game more than a few weeks

and

(2) a greater focus on SRO and having a leadership based on those who have kept our legit SRF community together throughout iSRO

When:

(1) You only found out about this after you created your discord, invited me, and I told you

and

(2) When your 'legit community' of suvivors currently consists of about 5 members and a discord bot. (Wouldn't you have already had a community with those people?)

Post subject: Re: New SRO Discord server
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello again everyone,

Upon review of the rules (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6525), i've decided to remove the ad pursuant to the following:

Quote:
Silkroad Forums strictly prohibits the following:
Advertising and spam in forums or chat channels.

Thank you for your private message Feataler. Had you not tried to stir up more drama I may not have found the motivation.

I hope you will find this more professional. It's been a pleasure serving you and the community.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]