Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Do u need guilds ?
Huh ? Guild? What's that ? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Of course ! (I'm in great need. Explain why) 65%  65%  [ 17 ]
Hmm...dunno. I ask the same question. 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Cut it ! **** Guild ! I'M THE KING ! BOW 2 ME ! 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: What do u need guilds 4 ?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:00 pm 

My bro asked me this question nad I didn't really have an answer 2 that :oops: (Even though I'm a guild president :banghead: ) So what would u think u need guilds 4 ? My opinion:
  • When u need help u get sum.
  • ´Sum big shit won't attack, KS or get rude with u when the guild is big, know and respected. :twisted:
  • ...that's all... why do u need 1 ?

---For a completely new experience of music visit http://www.pandra.com :D
Quit SRO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:12 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

a place for many friends to chit chat together.
(pic the scenario: 20 ppl whispering to u at same time =.=!!!)
Able to help 1 another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:28 pm 

Well firstly ask why do you play a MMORG or another matter is why do you talk on this forum, or even why do you play a PvP game? Because isnt that the point to an online games with other people

Its all a matter of better interaction, adding overall fun to a game > its fun playing together, its fun doing jobs with mates, its funner pwning people in a group, its great to have a group to back you up, just a place to belong and get help, especially in a game like SRO, that is bound to have people taking advantage over the 'lost sheep' so to say haha (lets take the moment to commemorate all the jolly level 20's doing a 2 star trade run without a hunter)

A guild can back you up and be your friend, greatly adding to the whole player interaction; and you can have lovely days out wacking baddies or even a picnic
(sigh, i need a guild) :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:46 pm 

I voted... Of course ! (I'm in great need. Explain why)

Actually, if you wanna speak of it in that sense. It's not me who's in great need. It's erm... haha... well nevermind I shouldn't really explain. I like to help around. Being in a guild allows me to do that a lot :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:02 pm 
Retired Admin

BlackHand is thge ONLY reason i play SRO. period. jobs are cool, PvP is nice, but BH is all there is really :)

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Last edited by SuicideGrl on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:17 pm 
Valued Member

Try a 3* trade run without a Guild and you will see me (of another thief) very soon. Have 3-5+ Camels, 5-6 Hunters and you wont see any Thieves around your level, only the ones higher will come this cuts down on who has the potential to jack you.

Have 30 people that in a monments notice can be at your location in 1-3 mins....PRICELESS!!!

UNITED on Babel wasnt really much about patrolling and Thieveing all the time, sure a couple did but we had many traders and hunters also. I was always one of the lower level guys due to time, but within 10 seconds of speaking on Vent I could bring down more hate then someone wiht 10 levels on me could solo.........or I could bring more help if someone is giving me hate. Also with a 7 guild Union if needed we could have even more!!!

Dragon VN once had this pretty big trade run, 10+ camels 10+ traders 10+ Hunters.....hell I forget the numbers. We hit them with like 5 Thieves, they called in help next thing we know its twice as many as before people vs 5 so we call out the Union. Within 2-3 mins we had twice+ thier number and they were out of resources.

Then there are Wars......they are fun, cant have them without a Guild.

I am now solo basically, I have one guildy that is in the UK so he goes to bed shortly after I get online. We both dearly miss having the big guild. I haave to let trade runs go by that in the past I would hit. Last night I hit a run with 250k+ loot and could only take 90kish where if I had a guild I could of had them get the rest.

You are doing 1* runs and some Thief is spawning on you......call in a Hunter from the Guild to take out his spawns, or kill the Thief.

If you are low level multistar trader......have unsuited peopel go on trades with you and if a Thief hits you they can suite up as Thief and grab the loot and either tunr it in, or wait until they leave and giev it back to you.

Guilds and Unions are valuable.......

Then, even if you dont do all that stuff, simply having a few people to chat with during the grind is really cool especially if you have Vent or TS to actually chat in.......this is probably the biggest part i miss, no chat grinding takes forever, but a good conversation, maybe a bunch of jokes, or even hearing about some guy getting a lucky drop can sure help keeping things fun.

I dont think I would of passed 26 if it were not for the people.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:42 pm 
Casual Member

I think your question was basicly answered already but noone really touched on the competition aspect. During my short time on these forums i've noticed most people here don't really like being competitive but i'm different. I made my guild with the full intention of having one of the strongest guilds someday. It was very hard task and I went through a lot of stressful days with people betraying me and having to deal with petty arguments between guild mates etc etc. Though If I could go back I wouldn't change any of it because today my guild is pretty damn good and even when I had to cut back my playing time by nearly 90% my guild steped up and continued to do well even without me. I must say I love all of them and if my guild died tomorrow I'd quit sro simply because it wouldn't be the same without them. Knowing you have loyal friends who are also very strong is a wonderful feeling. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:49 pm 
Retired Admin

Keihou wrote:
I think your question was basicly answered already but noone really touched on the competition aspect. During my short time on these forums i've noticed most people here don't really like being competitive but i'm different. I made my guild with the full intention of having one of the strongest guilds someday. It was very hard task and I went through a lot of stressful days with people betraying me and having to deal with petty arguments between guild mates etc etc. Though If I could go back I wouldn't change any of it because today my guild is pretty damn good and even when I had to cut back my playing time by nearly 90% my guild steped up and continued to do well even without me. I must say I love all of them and if my guild died tomorrow I'd quit sro simply because it wouldn't be the same without them. Knowing you have loyal friends who are also very strong is a wonderful feeling. ^_^

sooooo well-put. we motivate each other, we compete against others, we have a hella good time, and it keeps life interesting. besides, guild events, like trades and thief runs, are the BEST.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:11 pm 

THANX 2 U ALL ! :-) I'll let my bro read this ! :D (Although he can do everything solo :P ). But I wouldn't have made a guild if wouldn't have known that I would be the leader. 8) Even though I'm not the leader type I'm pretty (as my mom and others often say) egoistic :roll: . The thought of having my own guild just wouldn't get of my head cause I was thinkin' myself into the time of the Silkroad. I imagined me and my guild protecting trades and beatin' up thieves :love: and finally gettin' paid 4 that ! :D
The only problem is I'm pretty far away from that at this point (Guild Lvl 2, No Union yet, "only" Lvl 21-34 ppl and only about 4 that r online often :( but I'm recruitin').

---For a completely new experience of music visit http://www.pandra.com :D
Quit SRO

Post subject: To me...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:19 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

To me a guild is used to meet new players and to have fun. With a guild you are able to chat with people and possibly build in-game friendships with the people within your guild because guild members are usally there to help other guild mates with quests, leveling, and/or questions. Basically, they are just there for fun, to meet new people, and for help.