Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Level 3 trader level 42+ always doing 1* with Hunter
Never pop 29%  29%  [ 8 ]
I can understand popin him bit its wrong 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Still dont like it but I suppose I could let it slide 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Pop that NOOB every chance you get!!! 39%  39%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Question for the anti-popers of 1* runs......
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:47 pm 
Valued Member

What ya think.....

I also know a Level 4 trader that mainly does 1* but does do a good deal of multis........

EDIT......ya its a level 3, not 3*.......grr I cant change the poll... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited by STINGER on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:57 pm 

do you mean a level 3 trader? cuz i'm not sure how a 3* is doing a 1*.... just trying to get clarification

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:04 pm 
Addicted Member

I'm level 52 and when I trade I just do a 1 star, that's cuz I don't trade for the money or for the trader exp, I just do it for a change from grinding. If some level 60+ wants to drop 5 red thieves on me then good luck to him, I cut through 5 devil yetis last night at once like they were butter lol

That's the best thing about being full Str and 50+ you can just trade all you want and if anyone tries to pop you, you just kill their thieves in a few hits :D

"Your a pushy little bastard ain't ya, but I like that.. I like that!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:08 pm 
Banned User

I agree this doesn't make any sense. How is a three star doing a one star? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:30 pm 
Valued Member

Level 3 Trader......cant change it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:35 pm 

ok, in that case then.....

i could see a level 42 trader doing one-star runs, just to be safe, but taking a hunter along seems a bit much. only the higher poppers would be able to get them easily, so there's way less risk than say a level 2x or 3x. and especially no need for a hunter in uniform. it would make way more sense to me to just have him trading also. more profit, but same risks.

but if they did it EVERY time, it seems it would just get boring. i know i'd get bored doing nothing but 1*'s my entire silkroad life....

anyways, maybe i'm just wierd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:17 pm 
Valued Member

I see this trader repeatedly every night, always 1* and almost always a Hunter. I dont pop 1* except as last resort but this one is getting tempting to do just for spite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:30 pm 
Addicted Member

I don't see why they'd need a hunter either, they'd be better just helping out in their regular clothes.

"Your a pushy little bastard ain't ya, but I like that.. I like that!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:06 pm 
Retired Admin

there is no excuse for anyone over 40 to be trading 1* constantly. there is no reason anyone over 40 needs a hunter for their 1*, unless their hunter buddy is just there to lvl his hunter, and 1* trades are a SLOW way of doing that. while i don't condone popping noobs, i think you should teach that guy a lesson. he's no noob, and he should be trading at a lvl appropriate to his own.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:52 pm 

He should be trading at whatever goddamn level he wants to trade. I can't believe you people. Obviously he knows the risks of multistar and has no desire to take those risks. Please let me know how he's doing anything to hurt you personally. And anyone who says "bcuz he wont let me theef him durrr" is getting pistol-whipped with a howitzer for being an immense assburger. That's like a burglar suing the person whose house he robbed because the security system was too good and he never would have gotten caught otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:04 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I have to disagree with that, Bakemaster.

Merchants are one of three possible jobs for player characters that are supposed to be designed to create conflict (and thus a PvP enviroment). Niether Hunters nor Thieves get a "free ride" in their professions- so neither should Merchants.

If you don't want PvP - then don't do jobs - go hunt and quest - that it what they are for.

I think the biggest problem with the dynamic is that the designers failed to predict the enviroment that would evolve because of too many players taking the Thief job.

It seems to me (and I admit I am a bit new to the game, so I might be wrong) that on most all the servers there are a lot of high level thieves, but not a lot of high level hunters or merchants. This makes the prospect of becoming a hunter or merchant a bit daunting - like being a puppy in a pool of sharks.

I think the game needs to dump the 1* trades and find a better method of making Hunter and Merchant jobs more attractive. Obviously everyone would have more fun if the thieves had some real challenge from the other players and didn't have to resort of 1* popping and attacking low level merchants just to have something to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:09 pm 
Retired Admin

Bakemaster wrote:
He should be trading at whatever goddamn level he wants to trade. I can't believe you people. Obviously he knows the risks of multistar and has no desire to take those risks. Please let me know how he's doing anything to hurt you personally. And anyone who says "bcuz he wont let me theef him durrr" is getting pistol-whipped with a howitzer for being an immense assburger. That's like a burglar suing the person whose house he robbed because the security system was too good and he never would have gotten caught otherwise.

hahahah ok bake, point taken.

HOWEVER, i still feel that a hunter is overkill. if the hunter is that bored, then ok i guess, but it seems like a slow way to lvl your job. but a part of me still thinks that higher lvl traders should be taking greater risks. the 1* protection is designed to protect low lvl traders from getting ganked their first time out. at trader lvl3, this guy's a vet.

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:46 pm 

trepelano wrote:
Niether Hunters nor Thieves get a "free ride" in their professions- so neither should Merchants.

An incredibly fallacious line of reasoning. Nothing in the SRO mechanics imply an equal relationship between the three jobs; more an inequal symmetric relationship with traders at the center and thieves/hunters opposing forces around that central activity (trade). Traders are the only profession to risk significant capital, i.e. something beyond the cost of operation (potions, horses, etc.). Nothing must apply to traders simply because it applies to hunters and thieves. The reality of the situation is that they have been given the ability to make a choice between a low-risk, low-profit venture, or a high-risk, high-profit venture, regardless of their level or how long they've been trading.
Quote:
If you don't want PvP - then don't do jobs - go hunt and quest - that it what they are for.

Thank you for telling us what things are for -- but if you're qualified to do that, please ban more botters and decrease lag as well, since you must be employed by Joymax. While we're on the subject of logical fallacies, this one is called "argumentum ad verecundiam" or "appeal to authority" (thank you, Google).
Sui wrote:
HOWEVER, i still feel that a hunter is overkill. if the hunter is that bored, then ok i guess, but it seems like a slow way to lvl your job. but a part of me still thinks that higher lvl traders should be taking greater risks. the 1* protection is designed to protect low lvl traders from getting ganked their first time out. at trader lvl3, this guy's a vet.

You admit ignorance to the motives of either the hunter or the trader, and allow for the fact that there are situations in which their activity is reasonable, and yet you still pass judgment on them. Why? And as far as what 1-star protection is "designed" for, you get the sasme response I gave to trepelano: FIX LAG BAN BOTS OK PLZ THX. The 1-star protection is less effective in protecting low level traders and people who are just starting out because they don't know they can be popped. If Joymax intended this mechanic to be merely trading "Lite" for newbies, they should have limited it to a certain character or job level and target-locked higher NPCs to ensure that it was an effective beginner's activity. I can't speak as to their intentions, but what I have come to realize from their absolute silence on the issue of 1-star popping is that they are letting their actions and game mechanics speak for them.

At least the topic of this thread is what you think he should do and not what you claim Joymax would say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:50 pm 
Valued Member

Bake, relax man its just a topic and a funny poll you know well enuff if I feel like popin him I will regardless of what anyone thinks, says or does. I just thought it would be interesting to see where some of the anti-1* people stood in this situation. Seeing as this forum is really heavy vs it I find it interesting I have sort of a 50/50 vote, sure 2 of them still think its wrong but understand and that is interesting.

I would never go out of my way to pop someone, not even your buddy Tsoo with all her words against me, its just not me to be that vendictive for long term.

Its jsut tht recently I have been being more selective, I am passing on all Level 1 traders lately (but that doesnt mean if I see a big load I wont) but I have let some level 1 2* traders go by....sort of a baited trap in a way it encourages them to keep doing it but also encourages them in success. But when I see the higher level guys, the 42+ people, and especially the 52+ doing 1* its laughable, and then I see 52+ or 52+ level 3 and leve 4 traders with 1* a ton then its like......gee wiz take a chance, and then I see Hunter(s) and still a 1* and I am like OMG YOU AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Relax......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:10 pm 

I know you'll do what you want and to your credit I think you understand how things work better than the vast majority of players. I still oppose 1-star popping and I always will but I have accepted that it happens and that Joymax, by not even acknowledging the issue, is sending a pretty strong message that they're not going to nerf it.
STINGER wrote:
Relax......

Does Not Compute
:? :? :? :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:10 pm 
Retired Admin

point and match, bake. i will concede this one. probably just latent frustration from not finding many multistars last night.

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:28 pm 

I chose : "Never Pop", cause it's his decision if he wants 2 trade 1 star or not *shrug* ! It's his right 2 trade like that if it's his style ! Even though at that Lvl I'd start doin 3 star trades. It'S MY style ! Noone else and noone is allowed 2 JUDGE ABOUT ! .

---For a completely new experience of music visit http://www.pandra.com :D
Quit SRO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:19 pm 
Valued Member

i agree with bake, the point of a one star is to have security in trade runs, but also less money. It is the traders decision (and only his) 1* popping is just $@%@! in any circumstance. But his having a hunter is overkill... but at least the hunter should kill any NPC thieves before they attack low levels

started playing again... yet again! omg! - on rome

Post subject: Re: Question for the anti-popers of 1* runs......
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:49 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I don't see why they'd need a hunter either, they'd be better just helping out in their regular clothes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:49 am 
Banned User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:10 am 

dafuq!?...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:00 am 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
dafuq!?...

Spammers, man. They are evolving!

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!