Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How did you magnify your SRO career?
Did you earn everything yourself without the aid of purchased gold or item mall help? 52%  52%  [ 11 ]
Did you use the item mall once or twice to get over a hump? 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Did you heavily use the aid of the item mall and/or purchase gold from farmers/hackers? 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:27 pm 
Casual Member

Demarthl wrote:
you dug yourself a hole. if i were you i'd claber onto the edges desperately because the bottom of it will crumble and open up into a chasm impending your doom if you continue this.

bad topic choice.

Yeah, i'd see it as a bad topic choice if I jumped to conclusions having read only a small portion and didn't have the ability to comprehend the purpose of it. But I can't expect gaming message boards to have fair and balanced readers, can I?

Also, would you have looked at this poll if you didn't see the word "cheater" in it? I too have posted on many a message board and know how to get responses, and how to carefully word things..though I'm not perfect by any means, I do inspire alot of responses on good days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:31 pm 
Advanced Member

i read every thread, i read every thread thoroughly, i know what attracts and doesnt attract readers.

you've wrongly labelled a majorty of good players and you know it. now really, just stop and let the thread carry out its life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:34 pm 
Ex-Staff

Ironchef wrote:
Yeah, i'd see it as a bad topic choice if I jumped to conclusions having read only a small portion and didn't have the ability to comprehend the purpose of it. But I can't expect gaming message boards to have fair and balanced readers, can I?.

Fair like saying that people who use item mall stuff are the same as buying gold or hacking?

Ironchef wrote:
Also, would you have looked at this poll if you didn't see the word "cheater" in it?

No I just looked in the title

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:36 pm 
Casual Member

Demarthl wrote:
i read every thread, i read every thread thoroughly, i know what attracts and doesnt attract readers.

you've wrongly labelled a majorty of good players and you know it. now really, just stop and let the thread carry out its life

If you read thoroughly, then you could have understood that in my noobhood, having only posted 3x times, I was asking an innocent, yet clarified set of questions. I asked in my third question if people used item malls and/or the purchasing of gold to advance their characters. I also asked them to explain their vote. FURTHER, I said that I too would use the item mall after more careful consideration. Now you may not have this in your reading skill set, but when I read that, my reading skill set tells me that "hey, if he's willing to use the item mall, then he must not really be villainizing it's use."

No, you need to stfu and let this noob post his shit because the poll is going fine for those who don't have a chip on their shoulder or carry otherwise unnecesary pride and disdain for people with low post counts who write complicated posts. Cool?

Now go ahead and bark back, and then we'll let this thread slide to the bottom or get deleted because protocol had to hijack it right after I started (yes, admit it that if he hadn't started the negative flaming, it wouldn't have gotten so bad).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:40 pm 
Advanced Member

wow you really are just an ignorant git, you jump the gun, then throw yourself at people, and then try to work your way out of the fact you did say that item mall users are cheaters. :roll:

and before you get all uppity notice i haven't even sworn yet..

i was just clearly pointing out your flaws and advising you to belt up, whos the one barking hmm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:45 pm 
Casual Member

Demarthl wrote:
wow you really are just an ignorant git, you jump the gun, then throw yourself at people, and then try to work your way out of the fact you did say that item mall users are cheaters. :roll:

and before you get all uppity notice i haven't even sworn yet..

i was just clearly pointing out your flaws and advising you to belt up, whos the one barking hmm?

Well I dont think I've ever mentioned that I have mastered tact when defending myself from multiple overzealous board trolls. But I have defended myself, I've even conceded by altering my initial post and subject. And in doing so, I've reduced myself to strong language because hey, that's how I feel I've won my arguement. Just because I seek my own personal indulgences based on my own level of self worth doesn't detract from the fact that you and the other flamers of my poll should have just stfu from the begining and just moved on from this poll since you didn't understand it. or you could have just tactfully asked me to clarify? I'm easily entreated when it's constructive, but I'm nasty and cutting when provoked. It's a prerogative I enjoy when posting with such anonymity on a board like this.

Oh, and tell me how i said item mall users were cheaters. Exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:51 pm 
Advanced Member

oh you forgot your originaly thread title already? wow... thats pretty sad. theres your accusation, quite frank and simple, even the Admin pointed it out.

and troll? wow, i havent been a troll for 4 years, there you go with another accusation, and its not just me, you accuse everyone who posted here of being one.

hmm, hey Moogs, can i feel the weird sense again... what was it... Zanzibar? :roll:

of course you wouldnt understand that part, but i wasn't talking to you at that point.

the moral of it is, you did wrong, you corrected your mistake, good boy, but your still throwin your verbal excrement into the community fan.

we don't like shit, so stop. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:11 pm 
Casual Member

You're a genius man. You figured me out. You can't face truths, you avoid damning questions, but I'm the one who's wrong here.

What is the behavior of a troll?

Did i come into one of your threads and start unnecesary shit with you? DId you do ANYTHING to keep honest, unimpaired readers from being polled and posting their comments? no. Therefore, thou art the loser. Now go stfu chump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:14 pm 
Casual Member

Thanks to the 14 people who voted in my poll. I have gained sufficient data in my poll to let me know that a small majority do just keep this game simple by playing the fully free aspect of it without the aid of the item mall.

Further, I have gathered sufficient information to support my fear that if I used the item mall, I may not only benefit in the acceleration of my characters, but that I may become addicted and spend more money than I would want to spend on an average game.

Thanks for your help. And to the haters and lovers of war, thanks for letting me own your lame shit and thanks for showing who i need to avoid in threads going forward. I knew you were there, and there you were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:27 pm 
Ex-Staff

here is a poll example to help prove my point

Are you:
A a nice person
B nice most of the time
C have a forum name Ironchef and/or a complete asshat

According to your thought process you should choose option C. Because your name is Ironchef. Even though it would IMPLY you were a complete asshat (not saying you are).

Do you see what people are getting at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:28 pm 
Valued Member

wow, lots of hate caused by this pointless poll. Anyways, I use the item mall because I do want to get an edge in lvling over other people. If I didnt get the monkey and 4 week scroll I would have quitted a long time ago cause I would never had survived through any of the questless grind.

You my friend, refused to change the poll when it wont affect anything about the results and will make others happy and stop bitching. But u refuse to do so and just attk everyone who have disagreed with you.

Therefore, I refuse your reality and will substitute my own:

I don't give a rat's ass about what you think if a item mall user is a "cheater" or not. You are a god damn leecher and it is my choice to buy stuff from a game I love. Here is my advice, don't buy anything from the item mall if you don't want to, but if you come to Troy I will probably kick ur ass in lvls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:39 pm 
Casual Member

HakuFudomine wrote:
I don't give a rat's ass about what you think if a item mall user is a "cheater" or not. You are a god damn leecher and it is my choice to buy stuff from a game I love. Here is my advice, don't buy anything from the item mall if you don't want to, but if you come to Troy I will probably kick ur ass in lvls.

How many more stupid fckers are there out there who can't fcking read?!?!?!

I am contemplating using the item mall!!!!! If I am going to use it, how Farking retarded do you have to be to realize that it doesn't make sense to call myself a cheater?

And how am I a leecher? THis game is advertized as being "FREE FOREVER." Should people not come play this game then, unless they use the item mall? Or should people start playing this game, like I just did recently, and then take a meaningful poll to see if there's a consensus on what others think about their gameplay experience and using an item mall to gain advantage over others?? HOw do you get an accusation that I think you're a rotten no-good cheater for using the item mall?

Daaaaaaaaaaum!

You dumbass kids need to go back to school. Seriously, it's embarassing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:43 pm 
Valued Member

HakuFudomine wrote:
Therefore, I refuse your reality and will substitute my own:

guess u missed this line lol. Annnnnyways, its no more fun when you just resort to swearing and insulting my intellect. Also, in my reality, I just don't like you for your attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:44 pm 
Advanced Member

heh, seems he needs to defend his opinion against everry post he gets, sometimes even his own.

I would have posted "how about you pm me so i can care less about the subject and keep the forum clean" but you already filled a pm with obscenities to me. thats real nice of you :)

now you've got your anger management program all set up, want a cookie?

I really don't feel we need to talk anymore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HakuFudomine wrote:
If I didnt get the monkey and 4 week scroll I would have quitted a long time ago cause I would never had survived through any of the questless grind.

He's 1x, he doesn't understand that. Explains alot doesn't it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:48 pm 
Site Owner

I like how your saying its our fault, we cant read or we misinterperate wrong.

You put item mall, and hackers in the same option.

Kids? School?

Im 26 going on 27.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:48 pm 
Valued Member

icic, lets just all reject his reality and substitue our own lol.

DOM!!! get a 4 week scroll leecher!!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

**confused** just noticed you're on Troy. Maybe we can hack and cheat together?!?!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:52 pm 
Casual Member

So hey, how bout this? How bout instead of being a troll and coming into a thread, throwing false accusations around that have nothing to do with what I've repeatedly said the purpose of the poll was for, how about just answering the question.

Do you spend money on this game at all? A little? or A lot? not too hard, unless you like to make things difficult, insult a noob, gang up on a noob, and suggest I said things I didn't?

And you keep posting here because you're bored and you like to keep fighting over BS instead of actually leaving like you should. What does that say about my attitude? nothing. But it says alot about your attitude. As for my language, i make no apologies. It's just the person I am when I'm confronted with like mannered attacks. You don't have to use profanity to be rude or insulting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:54 pm 
Ex-Staff

Graduated college in 1991, and got my MBA in 2001. Don't intend to get a doctorate any time soon. I hate being a dumb 'ol kid.

To add a serious answer. I would get a monkey and a 4 week gold exp scroll. At this point its tough to get by without them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:54 pm 
Casual Member

Ryoko wrote:
You put item mall, and hackers in the same option.

:P

I put item mall and/or gold purchases from farmers or hackers on the same line with the purpose to find out if people spend money heavily on this game in one of those, or both of those categories, because in fact, people do spend heavily in one of, or both of those categories.

So yes, you did misinterpret. Just because I'm outnumbered, doesn't mean I'm wrong. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm 
Ex-Staff

so you would answer C on my poll? it says and/or

Last edited by hellsharpt on Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

and how are we supposed to know what spending heavily is?

It's all relative. And you, relative to everyone else, are a Farking ass hat. You should get on your knees and thank all of us you don't have to pay a monthly fee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:57 pm 
Advanced Member

i smell an edit.

anyway you could have just as easily put in another poll option. so infact putting them on the same line was your intention for them being under the same meaning... cheating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:01 pm 
Casual Member

dom wrote:
and how are we supposed to know what spending heavily is?

It's all relative. And you, relative to everyone else, are a Flarking ass hat. You should get on your knees and thank all of us you don't have to pay a monthly fee.

Well, 18 people have voted, some have commented. THey didn't find difficulty in doing so. Those that did comment constructively found a way to explain what they've paid for. So maybe you can take a breath, count up what you've spent in won/dollar/euro (whatever) on your account, and divide it by the months you've played this game, then discover if you've paid alot or a little for things.

For example, I've played for a few weeks. I've not spent a penny on anything yet. Therefore, my cost per month is $0. I could safely vote on "A".

If you've spent $80 dollars in the last 4 months, then if you divided that amount by the 4 months, you'd have spent $20 a month..and if you compare that by other MMORPGs that may charge $10 or $15 per month, then you can assume you're in the heavy spending category.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:02 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Read one of my previous posts to see how much i've spent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:03 pm 
Advanced Member

and as was prior labelled, the heavy category was accused of the cheating category, no matter what you chose it for.

DO I SENSE A REPETITIVE CIRCLE OF COMMENTARY?!?! :O :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:05 pm 
Casual Member

Demarthl wrote:
i smell an edit.

anyway you could have just as easily put in another poll option. so infact putting them on the same line was your intention for them being under the same meaning... cheating.

Ok, let's dumb this down some more for you. It's cool, I've worked with retarded children before.

The
purpose
for
the
poll
is
to
see
what
other
players
spend.

Option 1 is how i find out if people don't spend money
Option 2 is how I find out if people have spent a little money
Option 3 is how I find out if people have spent a lot of money

Regardless of how YOU intepret the 3rd option, it's purpose is to find out if people spend alot of money in the item mall or on ebay. The option to explain your vote should more than cover anyone voting in the second or third option.

Sorry if this explanation wasn't remedial enough for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:08 pm 
Casual Member

Demarthl wrote:
and as was prior labelled, the heavy category was accused of the cheating category, no matter what you chose it for.

DO I SENSE A REPETITIVE CIRCLE OF COMMENTARY?!?! :O :O

If you'd like, i can add a 4th category and call it "If you are cheating scumbag beotch, then vote here?" Would that make you happy? Because that's not asked or implied in the other UNEDITED 3 options as you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:09 pm 
Ex-Staff

That is a good question, perhaps you should change the questions ont the poll to match?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next