Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Please read the options carefully and choose the one which best applies to you.
I have never paid for a gold or silver ticket, and I would NOT pay for a 90 min/day 100% exp silver ticket. 18%  18%  [ 16 ]
I have never paid for a gold or silver ticket, but I would pay for a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket. 24%  24%  [ 21 ]
I currently pay for a silver ticket, and I would continue to pay for a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I currently pay for a gold ticket, and I would switch to a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket. 23%  23%  [ 20 ]
I currently pay for a gold ticket, and I would NOT switch to a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket. 35%  35%  [ 31 ]
I currently pay for a silver ticket, and I would NOT continue to pay for a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 88
 Post subject: Informal survey about xp tickets, please read before voting.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:43 pm 

The 4-Week Silver ticket gives a 50% experience bonus for 3 hours per day, costing 95 silk. The 4-Week Gold ticket gives a 100% experience bonus for three hours per day, costing 130 silk. The gold ticket is 35% more expensive but provides double the experience bonus.

I know that there are many players who cannot or will not spend 3 hours a day (21 hours a week) just playing Silkroad Online, much less grinding levels. I also know that there are many players who push themselves to use their whole ticket, even when they would rather be doing other in-game activities, or not playing at all. I believe this causes many players to get tired of the game quickly, because grinding gets very boring and they have less time to do fun things with other players.

I also know that silver tickets are not very popular among the players I meet in-game and on forums. The general opinion is that they are not worth the price when you can get a gold ticket for only 35 silk more.

So I have suggested to the GMs that the Silver ticket be changed to cater to people who don't want to spend 3 hours every day grinding levels, but still want to make the best use of their time and their money. My ideal Silver ticket would provide 100% experience, just like the Gold ticket, but only for 90 minutes daily instead of 3 hours. The total experience bonus is the same as the old Silver ticket, and still less than the Gold ticket, but now can be used in a much shorter time giving players an extra 90 minutes to have fun trading, chatting, buying and selling items, or fighting in PvP.

I doubt the GMs have any power to change how item mall items work, but if they think it is a good idea they can certainly talk to whoever does have the power. So please take the poll, and I will post the results for the GMs to see. They haven't asked me to do this and they haven't responded yet to my suggestion, which was just posted. Thanks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:37 pm 
Frequent Member

Good idea, although i really dought they can change it. but no the less very nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:51 pm 
Common Member

Okay, third worlder sepaking:

I'd go with the Silver ticket you proposed, Bake. Why?

1 - 'cause I work the whole day and would sure spend my 3 or so hours of play mixing grind/job/frollicking (sp?) than the obligatory grind.

2 - The conversion rate for my currency to USD (as I have to paypal as my ICC is a mastercard :roll:) is almost 2.5:1 + taxes (to the math impaired -> I need almost R$ 2.5 to buy US$ 1.00), so even if it's, like, 3.5 dolars cheaper, it's still a good saving.

3 - I'm broke. =P

Level: 4X
Please correct my engrish. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:58 pm 

Sounds like a winner to me. I'm about to get my first gold tick and know for a fact I'm going to suffer because of it. I've been too lazy to grind a full three hours a day.

Bot? Buy Gold? Just a general asshole? No worries, you'll be loved.

From America? Prepare to be ass-raped.

>>Done with this forum<<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:07 am 

I am in a different situation. I buy daily gold tickets due to my work schedule. I work 3 or 4 12 hour shifts every week. The days I do work I can only put in 1 or 2 hours. I can not see getting a 1 month ticket and wasting large amounts of time. With the daily ticket and the roll-over I have 48 hours to do 3 hours grinding. That I can do. On my days off I can sit down and use the entire ticket at once.

Also I have given up trying to play on weekends. Either can't log in or lag/dc issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:48 am 
Addicted Member

I currently pay for a gold ticket, and I would NOT switch to a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket.

180 mins is still to lame though, I like to play and have a really good grind so I just play every 2 or 3 days with either 360 or 540 which I do by using 180 before the 3rd day kicks in.

I don't do that very often though, I'll usually do a quest and keep what I have left for the next day, I always make sure that any left is below 180 though so I don't waste any minutes :D

Having 2 monkeys helps you a lot too, saves some good 'real' time, you have one for 21 extra slots carrying pots and one for collecting and you switch them when your inventory is out of pots.

"Your a pushy little bastard ain't ya, but I like that.. I like that!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:54 am 
Retired Admin

I currently pay for a gold ticket, and I would NOT switch to a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket.

i am a hardcore player and i have no problem grinding for three hors a day under most circumstances. i usually play for double that time or more, so i still have ample time left over for the rest of the activities in enjoy in SRO.

i also have (barely) enough disposable income that it is not much of a financial burden to me to spend a bit on silk each week. i look at as a few less beers when i go out somehwere, or eating in one night instead of ordering out or going to a restaurant.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:55 am 

Black_Mamba wrote:
Having 2 monkeys helps you a lot too, saves some good 'real' time, you have one for 21 extra slots carrying pots and one for collecting and you switch them when your inventory is out of pots.

I thought about doing that as well. It seems it's the "thing to do" in the other SRO's. Does the monkey's time count down when it's unsummoned? I imagine it does, but if it doesn't, I'm buying another one today.

I just wish you could still store item mall stuff in the monkeys. :/

And yes, that's WITH lucky powders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:57 am 
Frequent Member

hmm i wouldn't switch, 3 hours is good .. 1.5 hours isnt much grinding o.O

lol another suggestion : tell them to open takla makan in a month otherwise the caves are going to be a hell hole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:59 am 
Addicted Member

I might be wrong but I think the timers on monkeys start from the minute you activate them to the time they expire and they count down regardless of whether your even online or not, you get 28 days for each one then it's up to you how you use them.

It's pretty cool cuz when my pots in my own inventory run out and I refill them I somehow always seem to have the exact right amount of pots to refill my inventory back up.

Also it saves dumping all the junk out the monkey onto the floor.

It's only 88 silk for the first activation then a couple off half priced monkeys a month is no big deal.

That desert should be September time, the caves not too bad yet, you still find empty rooms just depends what time you play maybe.

"Your a pushy little bastard ain't ya, but I like that.. I like that!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:03 am 
Banned User

I would pay for a 24 hour a day gold ticket.. hell even 24 horu a day silver ticket :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:09 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ever since I bought mine I haven't played much, at all. I've lost SEVERAL days worth of double exp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:50 am 

I just realized that I forgot a poll option. I wonder if that's something that can be added by moderators? In the meanwhile, if anyone would choose this option, please do not vote in the poll, and post your opinion. I'd appreciate it.

"I currently pay for a silver ticket, and I would NOT continue to pay for a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:18 am 

Pardon my bump. I would like to get as many votes as possible for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:32 am 
Banned User

"I currently pay for a gold ticket, and I would NOT switch to a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket. "

I have enough time on my hands to do 6 hours of playing a day lol. And speaking of which, my ticket is almost done, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:27 am 
Casual Member

i will never buy a gold ticket. period. i still play 3-10 hours per day. when the grind gets so boring, i go risk 2/3* runs jangan to don. funny this, sometimes i make it a success once in a while lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:29 am 

it would be ideal if you ask me, there are hardcore players that use their golden ticket to the fullest so they spend the entire 3 hours grinding and/or questing.

however i'm not the kind of hardcore player that spends 3 consecutive hours every night just grinding my way through this game, i like to do other activities as well such as trading hunting thieving or something else if that's possible :p

with 90 minutes golden ticket i can grind that time to get 20% experience of my respective level which would be ideal for me seeing the fact i either don't have time to grind that much longer or simply get fed up if i do. i'm willing to put a stop to my brain activities for 90 minutes and just grind grind and grind, like i said i can get 20% experience during that timespan, but doing so for a full 300 minutes is simply boring.

getting double experience for 90 minutes at a reasonable (silk)price would benefit my char perfectly, as i can either grind that period of time to get 20% for my experience gauge or simply go hardcore sp pharming for 90 minutes and then ease up on my play and go trading or other activities :)

if possible, make a petition for those GM's or Silk Assistants and patch this innovative idea through :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:28 pm 
Ex-Staff

Love the idea bake, even though I'd keep my gold ticket.

The weekends have become problematic though and I typically lose time then as the lag causes my full str char to die (6800+ hp). Therefore I tend not to play it then. Perhaps a solution might be to extend the carry over time more than a day? Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:54 pm 
Frequent Member

great idea...thumbs up =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:42 pm 
Retired Admin

Bakemaster wrote:
I just realized that I forgot a poll option. I wonder if that's something that can be added by moderators? In the meanwhile, if anyone would choose this option, please do not vote in the poll, and post your opinion. I'd appreciate it.

"I currently pay for a silver ticket, and I would NOT continue to pay for a 90 min/day 100% silver ticket."

added, bake.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:05 pm 
Loyal Member

I usually can play 4-5 hrs a day so I don't leave a lot of gold ticket time wasted. But I don't look at it as I have to take advantage of every minutes. Spending 50 cents a day and save me a couple hours of sleeping time is a wonderful investment already.

But I get what bakemaster says, some people can't play as long as I do or want to grind that long. Beside, a ticket with 90 minutes of double experience make a lot more sense then just 50% for three hours. Because do the math, with the 90 minutes ticket, you can OPTIONALLY grind the extra 90 minutes and it would equal the current silver ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:48 pm 

i dont have either ticket but i would pay for a 1.5 100% silver ticket. why?

1. because im not like you boys who can grind all day, everyday, 24/7.

2. its reall boring and really repatiative, especially fighting the same monster which is why when i grind i start off with green then work to red.

3. i do have nails and i hate braking them :P , especially button mashing numbers 1-5, ive already broke maybe 5 since playing sro over the last couple months

GREAT IDEA BTW!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:33 pm 

DoubleCross wrote:
i dont have either ticket but i would pay for a 1.5 100% silver ticket. why?

1. because im not like you boys who can grind all day, everyday, 24/7.

2. its reall boring and really repatiative, especially fighting the same monster which is why when i grind i start off with green then work to red.

3. i do have nails and i hate braking them :P , especially button mashing numbers 1-5, ive already broke maybe 5 since playing sro over the last couple months

GREAT IDEA BTW!! :P

you broke your nails, 5 times :shock: . I sense some serious button mashing here -_-"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:59 pm 

I don't pay for a ticket currently, and would consider the new silver ticket.

Do you happen to have stats on gold tix sold vs. silver? If it's anything like the SRF makeup, than the cost/time for the silver ticket isn't nearly enough to make people consider it. IMHO,anything they do to the silver ticket that makes more people decide to get one rather than nothing is an improvement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:24 pm 

I won't pay 4 any MMORPG ! Neva eva ! my policy....

---For a completely new experience of music visit http://www.pandra.com :D
Quit SRO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm 
Site Owner

I would pay for a 90 minute 100% silver ticket.

This 3 hours thing sucks, except for weekends.

And I wanna do more jobbing with my guild and Kit instead of killing penon warriors.

But if I dont, I feel like im wasting my gold time. And it sucks.

I cant possibly keep going at this rate.

I want my life back, and dont care if others pass me up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:51 pm 

Thanks Sui, appreciate it.

Devotia wrote:
Do you happen to have stats on gold tix sold vs. silver? If it's anything like the SRF makeup, than the cost/time for the silver ticket isn't nearly enough to make people consider it.

I don't have any stats, but I also suspect that silver tickets aren't very popular, and argued that the increase in sales there would more than make up for the gold ticket users who would downgrade to a 90 minute, 100% experience ticket. So far the results of the poll support that prediction. When you consider that fan forum population tends to be more involved in the game than the average player, I'd say the reality is even more in favor of new silver tickets, as there are far more potential new buyers than downgraders.

And Ryoko, what you described is pretty much exactly how I feel. Eventually it gets to be too much stress and I start thinking about quitting altogether - silver ticket doesn't help, it's still 3 hours, and no ticket with my SP requirements is pretty bleak. The structure of all MMOs is built on long-term customers, not short-term big spenders. I really hope this reaches the marketing people because I think it's a situation where everybody wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:01 pm 
Frequent Member

would this include a 200% gold 90min? if so then HECK YESH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:03 pm 

Of course not. Gold stays the same. Instead of silver being the same time as gold for half the exp bonus, it would be the same exp bonus for half the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:25 pm 
Ex-Staff

I've found that simply blowing off the ticket is a nice relaxer. I sometimes stay in dist parties even when I'm jobbing. Who am I kidding that I'll use yesterdays and today's in one day. Might as well get better experience killing NPC spawns.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next