Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

i want:
grey wolf 43%  43%  [ 43 ]
white wolf 19%  19%  [ 19 ]
squirrel 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
monkey, forever ^^ 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
a combination of pets 31%  31%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 100
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:49 pm 
Banned User

Wtf, everybody says 2 mil how does everybody knows that? (It is too much).

I have only got 1,4 mil :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:40 pm 
Frequent Member

Elysium wrote:
Wtf, everybody says 2 mil how does everybody knows that?
MrJoey wrote:
Just a note, the 2mil is ksro price, it could change to be more or less on isro

Quit :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:17 am 

SunCe wrote:
Hi All - Pretty new to SRO and forum but wanted to add my two cents :wink:

I voted for pet combo. Really wanted a monkey prepatch news but have been able to resist spending real money on this game. BUT it would be cool to have a new squirrel pet so just might have to splurge a bit! As far as the wolf, I'm not sure yet between gray or white. I'm level 28 and been playing for about 3 weeks so I barely have a million gold...so there's no way I'd be able to pay 2mil legit gold for a gray one...especially when I don't even have a nice weapon yet. Which means having to spend real money for a wolf as well...but we'll see how many silks it'll take to get the white one to come whore for me.

Also, just wanted to share one thought for those trying to decide between gray and white...for those who don't really care which since they seem to have the same attributes/skills but your decision is leaning towards white only because you don't have the game gold for gray. If the white wolf ends up costing more than 50 silk (about $5), you may instead consider buying gold off of eBay and then buying the gray for 2mil gold. For example, if the white wolf ends up costing 100 silk that's about $10 US. Instead, you could take that $10 and buy about 4mil gold...then use 2mil for gray wolf...and have 2mil gold left for other stuff. I don't like to ebay game stuff since it supports botters (whom I've already learned to abhor :twisted: )but just a thought in case this makes sense for some others.

Thanks for listening!! :D

As much as I appreciate people saving money, I'm guessing most of the ebay gold sales are from gold farming bots, and that bugs the hell out of me. I would rather support the game maker and pay $10 for the wolf instead of supporting the gold farming bot companies.

Thanks for the insight though. It's a good idea for someone that's interested in saving a few bucks.

Welcome to SRF!

And yes, that's WITH lucky powders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:46 am 
Casual Member

while i think this update is awesome and i plan on getting a squirrel (i've been holding off buying a monkey since i heard about it, and my daughter loves squirrels so she will get a kick out of it)

the one thing i dont care for is the price of the wolf.

if the case is 2 mil then that rules out all lower levels unless of course you start a new character with money in the bank from an older character. i'm sorry but i think that sucks. whats the point of having a pet be able to be used since level 5, when that player only has what maybe 10,000 coins?

i like the fact that it grows, but i would think it would be cooler if you could buy, with coins mind you, different levels of wolves. similiar to horses.

for instance:

puppy
youth
teen
adult

it's just a thought.

i know some will just buy a white one and i am sure thats what joymax wants of course. but for the newer players it's sad. i have been farming at 16-19 and just now am up to around 1 mil. of course i am saving up for weapons and higher level stuff. i am sure once you make it to the higher levels 2 mil is nothing, but throw a bone to the newbies ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:52 am 

I want whatever they have! [That doesn't cost silk, since I don't have a PayPal acc. or a cred. card. =\]

Ooohh ~ the wolf looks nice.