Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: This Pride of botters is FAIL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:24 pm 
Banned User

You all know how the game is ppl who cry about botters this and that just wish they could be a "botter" 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:29 pm 
Ex-Staff

wafflefries wrote:
Barotix wrote:
EDIT: @waffle, re-read your argument... wtf... that was the worst metaphor I have seen yet. The rich man worked hard for what he has, he deserves what he has. He is the Legit that obtained the goal the reward the endgame for what he has. He deserves every last bit of it, did he cheat his funders? did he steal money from people who purchased stocks? The rich man didn't cheat in life, he worked hard as fck and is now getting the reward, fck he IS the Legit. If the migrant worker decides to reach the rich man's point through illegal methods then he is the botter. LOL that example was deluded and just plain poor.

lawl comparing a rich man that worked hard to obtain his levels.

That is silkbuying Legit VS non-silkbuying Legit not botter VS legit, LAWL.

How easy it is to twist ones words... :roll:

It's well known most rich people steal or cheat their way to their riches.

Um, bull. Unless you can cite a serious source in which they came to the conclusions most rich people cheated to get to where they are then I'm calling your bull. Bringing random rumors into this won't get you anywhere.

You clearly stated that the rich man worked hard and is analogous with the botter. At that point you can remove everything else and focus on that one line to destroy your argument.

1]You never stated one must assume the rich man cheated, you clearly used hard work and hard work is congruent with Legitimate means to reach a goal. Botting isn't a Legitimate way of reaching a goal, thats the first mistake.

2]Comparing a Legit to a migrant worker, nuff said.

3]Botting =/= Working hard.

Envy between a High Level Legit and a Low Level Legit (assuming the low level envies the high level) is good. It gives the Low level an even greater drive to grind especially once he hits 40 and is no longer protected by one star (assuming he is a trader) the low level Legit in an atmosphere with no corrupt influences will either grind longer or buy silk. In the end Joymax gains and so does the Legit.

Quote:
You all know how the game is ppl who cry about botters this and that just wish they could be a "botter" 2

... EDIT: I think that is sarcasm, I'm not sure...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:46 pm 
Banned User

It's a game.
Being legit isn't something you should be proud of, you can't put it on your resume, and most probably don't even talk about SRO irl.
Botting isn't something you should be proud of either, kay?

all pride phails - but at least the bots aren't complaining about.. well, everything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:54 pm 
Loyal Member

Mousetrap wrote:
but at least the bots aren't complaining about.. well, everything.

what do they have to complain about?

all that is messed up in this game is because of them :banghead:

weirdo...

6x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Barotix wrote:
wafflefries wrote:
Barotix wrote:
EDIT: @waffle, re-read your argument... wtf... that was the worst metaphor I have seen yet. The rich man worked hard for what he has, he deserves what he has. He is the Legit that obtained the goal the reward the endgame for what he has. He deserves every last bit of it, did he cheat his funders? did he steal money from people who purchased stocks? The rich man didn't cheat in life, he worked hard as fck and is now getting the reward, fck he IS the Legit. If the migrant worker decides to reach the rich man's point through illegal methods then he is the botter. LOL that example was deluded and just plain poor.

lawl comparing a rich man that worked hard to obtain his levels.

That is silkbuying Legit VS non-silkbuying Legit not botter VS legit, LAWL.

How easy it is to twist ones words... :roll:

It's well known most rich people steal or cheat their way to their riches.

Um, bull. Unless you can cite a serious source in which they came to the conclusions most rich people cheated to get to where they are then I'm calling your bull. Bringing random rumors into this won't get you anywhere.

You clearly stated that the rich man worked hard and is analogous with the botter. At that point you can remove everything else and focus on that one line to destroy your argument.

1]You never stated one must assume the rich man cheated, you clearly used hard work and hard work is congruent with Legitimate means to reach a goal. Botting isn't a Legitimate way of reaching a goal, thats the first mistake.

2]Comparing a Legit to a migrant worker, nuff said.

3]Botting =/= Working hard.

Envy between a High Level Legit and a Low Level Legit (assuming the low level envies the high level) is good. It gives the Low level an even greater drive to grind especially once he hits 40 and is no longer protected by one star (assuming he is a trader) the low level Legit in an atmosphere with no corrupt influences will either grind longer or buy silk. In the end Joymax gains and so does the Legit.

Quote:

... EDIT: I think that is sarcasm, I'm not sure...

Martha Stewart....must i say more....
Bill Gates....stole an idea...

Where the **** did I say the botters/richmen are doing the hard work....I clearly said its the migrant worker/legit that is doing all the hard work. I simply said the botter is in more danger of A. losing his account to a keylogger, or B. getting banned from SRO(but how often does that happen).

Reading comprehension?

Quote:
Botting isn't a Legitimate way of reaching a goal, thats the first mistake.

Goals can be reached by cheating. Be it bribes, cheats, hacks, stealing, or botting. Both botters and legits are after the same goal, reaching cap. Botters see an easy way so they cheat. Legits go on grinding being afraid of the consequences.

Quote:
In the end Joymax gains and so does the Legit.

I still fail to see how the legit wins....explanation please? There is only one winner in all of this, its joymax. They are the ones recieving the profits.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:45 pm 
Ex-Staff

Until you can provide concrete evidence for your generalizations your point is moot. "I'm going to name two rich people and use them to generalize all rich people." you are aware that the news reports things that don't happen often, if it happened often no one would care. Rich people cheating to success doesn't happen often, it it did the news wouldn't report it. You report shocking sensational things not mundane matters.

Rich person does not = botter because the average rich person worked their ass off to get to where they are. I want a credible source for bill gates stealing an idea. If you don't see how the legit wins you are clearly not Legit, stop trying to rationalize botting. Cheating is Cheating there are no ifs ands or buts, there no way to Legitimize cheating get that through your skull. BTW when I started this game my goal was to be the richest and most successful trader ever, I didn't care about capping. When most people start playing a game the last thing in their mind is capping, all they want to do is have fun. Assuming all only care about capping is ludicrous, some don't give two shits about 80 and will settle for 60 or hell even 47.

In order for your scenario to work your generalization would have to be true, which it isn't. Pulling shit out of your ass won't save you at this point, you cannot make cheating a valid choice. You haven't even proven why the migrant worker should hate or envy the rich man, there is no plausibility in that. Does the rich man effect the migrant worker? What is their connection? Does the rich man rob the migrant worker of enjoyment? The rich man got there through Legitimate means there is not justification for hating or envying the rich man, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, and to make matters worse you're not doing it well. You don't tackle my arguments head on and when I point out the inherent flaws in yours you pull more BS and expect me to take you seriously.

1] I did not say goals couldn't be reached by cheating. I typed "Cheating IS NOT a LEGITIMATE MEANS of achieving a goal", hence why it is labeled cheating. simple enough for ya?

Quote:
I'll try using another example. There are those people in business or even politics that break laws or use bribes or shortcuts to get further in life than others. They risk alot in doing so but in the end they end up doing less work and making more money.
Then you have those poor....lets say migrant workers. They work hours a day trying to get by in life. They are angered at the rich man because they have it easy. They have money, work far less hours than the migrant worker, and they get vacations. The poor man envy's and hates the man because he cheated ahead in life and/or had it easier than others. He had achieved in a few weeks/months what the poor man wouldn't be able to achieve in all his life. The rich man could care less about the poor man and goes on living, while the poor man hates the guts of the rich man.

Your scenario requires Cheaters to be the majority in politics and the workplace. That isn't true, yes some politicians are corrupt and that is exactly why you know of them, but most aren't. Sensational head lines such as "favorite for president caught changing the polls" makes a great "bang". Why do you think the report things like "Rape on the Rise" rather than "Number of deaths due to cancer on the rise" because cancer isn't new and there is nothing "bang" about it, now if it was "New type of cancerous disease found" then it would be printed. Point is, it has been proven time and time again that the news only reports things that don't happen often, this cause the public to believe it happens often which leads to a false sense of reality.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:59 pm 
Valued Member

just tell me what u think about that . .

DZ

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:57 am 
Banned User

darthsithius wrote:

What a dumb thing to say.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 am 

I'm not trying to defend botters or anything, but the amount of grinding required in every korean MMORPG I have seen is just ridiculous..I am not surprised that all of them are infected with tons of bots, hell they even sell bot programs and devices in Korea..

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:05 am 

taintofsleep wrote:
oh em gee, I am legit and I do have a life. However, I am level 49. Rofl
and this game isn't fun at 49 so silkroad can suck a d.

It isnt fun at 80 either, so quit and move on :)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:58 am 
Banned User

edit0

Last edited by CrazyPsycho on Sun May 04, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 am 
Banned User

twistedorgy wrote:
I'm not trying to defend botters or anything, but the amount of grinding required in every korean MMORPG I have seen is just ridiculous..I am not surprised that all of them are infected with tons of bots, hell they even sell bot programs and devices in Korea..

3 hours a day for 2 months to hit 80 is too much? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:15 am 
Banned User

edit0

Last edited by CrazyPsycho on Sun May 04, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:40 am 
Banned User

Heie wrote:
my thoughts of what botters define as cool and how they have a life

"oh look at me, they havent figured out i bot, im so cool!i should just post a ss of me botting so i look cool when i get banned instead of looking like a fool!"

"look at me i can have 5 lvl 80's and have a life! im so cool!"

"dang im so cool i think im gonna go ahead and post how cool and bad ass i am cause i bot!"

"oh look srf cant even figure out i bot! damn im such a genius!"

"aww all the cool botters are getting banned :( i should show proof that i bot too!"

delete this topic if needed im just tired of how botters think they are Farking hard for botting.

You seem to have great pride in flaming botters, yet you have no shame in using their creations. Good job Heie. I'm sure your sig isn't from a member over at Ox33.

Guild: Image [eXe*MSI]
BIGASS Truck Rentals Here!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:09 am 

rawr1337 wrote:
Heie wrote:
my thoughts of what botters define as cool and how they have a life

"oh look at me, they havent figured out i bot, im so cool!i should just post a ss of me botting so i look cool when i get banned instead of looking like a fool!"

"look at me i can have 5 lvl 80's and have a life! im so cool!"

"dang im so cool i think im gonna go ahead and post how cool and bad ass i am cause i bot!"

"oh look srf cant even figure out i bot! damn im such a genius!"

"aww all the cool botters are getting banned :( i should show proof that i bot too!"

delete this topic if needed im just tired of how botters think they are Farking hard for botting.

You seem to have great pride in flaming botters, yet you have no shame in using their creations. Good job Heie. I'm sure your sig isn't from a member over at Ox33.

wow i love flaming botters so much, every time you see me reply to a thread thats all i do! :roll:

lol i didn't even know botters made it, i just followed a link on one of the members sig. and unlike other creations they make, this isn't hurting anyone now is it?

please keep talking i see no problem with me getting angry at arrogant botters.

i am simply stating that you can't put legits down with your "cool talk". sorry that im proud that i know how to play an easy game without a program doing it for me :x

Quote:
Famous quotations are for people who have nothing of their own to say, so be sure to use a lot of them. -The Onion

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:42 pm 
Banned User

ThisIsAvalon wrote:
twistedorgy wrote:

3 hours a day for 2 months to hit 80 is too much? :roll:

From my point of view now:yes
It depends on the individual playing the game, i certainly had times where i grinded for 20< hours a week cos the game just rocked.

But since i changed the server i'm not rly in the mood of seeing Turks,Egyptians,Polish,Tunesians and Botters all day.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:42 pm 
Casual Member

The difference is that most of us legits cry about everything while botters get sosun drop's while their sleeping :roll:

And imo dont compare SRO with rl business etc its so childish

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:44 pm 
Addicted Member

So many people banned from SRF making new accounts and posting in this thread. Like that thread from Trice a few months back that nailed 4-5 botters.

You bot. You're not welcome here. Move on.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:32 am 
Casual Member

you can speak to me directly son
i quit sro a long time ago, thinkin bout startin' again but not sure

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:40 pm 
Addicted Member

Bots don't have real lives. What does a person with a real life need with a lvl 80 character in an mmo and $6565k worth of silk for? I noticed alot of married(Supposedly) couples bot too. Being at a mature age and botting is even more disgraceful in my eyes.

My favorite bot lines (Some as others said):

"I have a life"
"I have a better one in storage"
"You don't pay my bills"
"I was only sp farming anyway"
"I only botted for 1 day just to try it!"
"It was my friend on my character"
"It was my little brother and I told him not to talk to anyone"
"I've seen you bot and have pics/video's but won't show you. (Sometimes its "I'll show SG")"

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:25 pm 

Bump
I especially like the comments about "rich man vs. poor man"
Botter quote about "You have no life".

To me it's about game immersion.
Become the character.
Be the bow.

SO then when my toon looks up at me from the screen and says,
Grandpa's Toon wrote:
I have a life too!
Consider MY hopes and dreams.
I just have to agree.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:38 pm 
Addicted Member

Barotix wrote:
taintofsleep wrote:
Oooh long term and short term eh?

Botting is good for your health.

Botting = Less time at computer

Less time at computer = more chance of activity

more chance of activity = increased health and more babes.

Henceforth botting will get you babes, better health, less numbness in the ass, and last of all 5 level 80 characters. Me=Fail

So then if you want to avoid all those things, why bot? What is the goal? What are you trying to achieve by botting? What do you mean by activity? You're generalizing Legits and you're generalizing botters. Using the computer is an activity, simply being awake coins the term "active." You want to have a life but you don't want to "waste" time playing a game, so why bot at all? Playing the game with your hands is the whole goal, they made the game with that purpose in mind. Really what is the goal, the point of botting? To have 5 level 80s in a game you don't like, or care for? So in theory didn't you waste your money? And if this game is so important why do you want any level 80s in the first place? If you saw the game was to much of a grind for you to handle why not quit and move on?

"OMG ~ a high level killed my character, I'm going to take this extremely seriously, act like its a big deal, and bot so I can get my revenge on that high level. Later I will rationalize my actions by saying I have a life" ~ Yeah, I'm calling your bullshit.

Now to actually tackle your argument:
"Botting helps your health" ~ How can you make this conclusion? Are you saying all Legits are over unhealthy and botting by some miracle made them healthy or are you saying that botting is an excuse for people with no self-control. After 2 years of playing this game I now have an image of what a botter is:

A selfish person with no self control who scapegoats others for their problems, ignoring the fact that they're contributing to the problem. GG

+1.Very nice post that contains all the facts about botters.
They themself want to be somebody in a game with a reputation.
Thus this means they are not succesfull in ''real-life''. ''No Babes''.
Or something like that. I'm a lil drunk now, so don't watch my grammar. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:55 pm 

It doesnt makes you an Angel just because you are legit same as how you are not a devil because you bot.

For many, they have been forced by circumstances to bot. Just look at Joymax doing shtt to botters, it's like grinding on empty desert with drones everyday for me and many times I have been tempted to bot but still resist to uphold my integrity. I can perfectly understand why people bot, look at how botters are sleeping but you are grinding like a goldfish 2-3am wide eyes open and whacking the same numbers vigourously again and again! So eventually you fell asleep but the botters are still training and the next day they are owning you at DW south and laughing the crap out of you when they are 10 lvl higher than you. Feels good? Not at all! How to end this crap? Simply say if you can't beat them join them lol....
Don't blame the botters but blame joymax! The longer they do nuts about the botters the more people are going to follow suit. If everyone has so much pride like "you" do, there will be no law and order and only pure arrogance will roam the street.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:17 pm 
Banned User

Lets say you can b @ ur comp about 3 hours a day, would u prefer spending them handgrinding in bunwangs getting ksed from gold bots, or pvping/jobbing with a lv80 full farmed char? :?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:29 pm 
Frequent Member

The pride is fail, and so is the war. We arent accomplishing anything with this war. Sure, we are banning bots on the forums, but that does nothing whatsoever. I write a guide to help take down bots, but it gets locked. Whatever.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:51 pm 
Addicted Member

izmeister wrote:
The pride is fail, and so is the war. We arent accomplishing anything with this war. Sure, we are banning bots on the forums, but that does nothing whatsoever. I write a guide to help take down bots, but it gets locked. Whatever.

Come to Xian and join Kokiri and see what we do. Or go to Venus, join Avalon and see what they do. Then say no one is accomplishing anything. If you feel that way then why is "Winning the war against bots" in your sig?

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:15 pm 
Ex-Staff

Detective wrote:
It doesnt makes you an Angel just because you are legit same as how you are not a devil because you bot.

For many, they have been forced by circumstances to bot. Just look at Joymax doing shtt to botters, it's like grinding on empty desert with drones everyday for me and many times I have been tempted to bot but still resist to uphold my integrity. I can perfectly understand why people bot, look at how botters are sleeping but you are grinding like a goldfish 2-3am wide eyes open and whacking the same numbers vigourously again and again! So eventually you fell asleep but the botters are still training and the next day they are owning you at DW south and laughing the crap out of you when they are 10 lvl higher than you. Feels good? Not at all! How to end this crap? Simply say if you can't beat them join them lol....
Don't blame the botters but blame joymax! The longer they do nuts about the botters the more people are going to follow suit. If everyone has so much pride like "you" do, there will be no law and order and only pure arrogance will roam the street.

Who held the gun to your head and said "bot"? The only one to blame is yourself and your addiction. If you get to a point where you can't stand a game anymore and simply playing feels like one of those household chores you just dread, then you need to quit. Take a chill pill, shit happens. When the shit piles up so far that you can't take it anymore nor clean it up with your own strength then gtfo before you make a bigger shit pile for yourself and everyone else. Refer to my sig in which it says be Legit. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:47 pm 
Frequent Member

Sacchin wrote:
izmeister wrote:

Come to Xian and join Kokiri and see what we do. Or go to Venus, join Avalon and see what they do. Then say no one is accomplishing anything. If you feel that way then why is "Winning the war against bots" in your sig?

Ok, so please tell me what they do? Have they stopped any gold bots on their server? Have they stopped people from botting on their servers?
Without doing that, they have accomplished nothing but self-pride. I am not saying what they did was great, but it did nothing in this war against bots.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:53 pm 
Addicted Member

izmeister wrote:
Ok, so please tell me what they do? Have they stopped any gold bots on their server? Have they stopped people from botting on their servers?

Yes on both counts.

If you check Rev6 stats of guildless players on the server (which are mostly goldbots of course), Venus has gone down by several hundred in the last month (not counting the April Fools joke where all the servers went up).

Over the last several weeks many of the semi-known player bots of Venus have globaled their farewells. They're always fun to read because they inevitably include some statement like "f*ck Avalon - BOT 4EVA!!!" and then they leave.

So yeah, the war on bots has accomplished something on Venus. Can't speak for your server.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:27 pm 
Addicted Member

izmeister wrote:
Sacchin wrote:
izmeister wrote:

Without doing that, they have accomplished nothing but self-pride. I am not saying what they did was great, but it did nothing in this war against bots.

Yes, Avalon has stopped player bots, there are maybe 10% player bots on Venus. They have run them out. As for Kokiri, well we like hunting them down and taking all of their stuff, interrupting their babies from growing up etc. lvl 15 murderer makes you lose alot of sp and exp. You drop all your pimped stuff. We made a few actually quit because of a "ruined character" and lost gear.

Can't really do anything about goldbots.

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next