Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Will the Bakemaster get teh Banz0r?
Yes 51%  51%  [ 18 ]
No 49%  49%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject: Step up and lay down your bet!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:46 am 

I've been torturing myself off and on with visits to Tavern, figuring that as an SA I owe it to the players to post on more than one forum and keep myself reasonably up to date on things that might not make it over here. But the more I read the more I have this perverse urge to flip out on someone and get myself banned. So lay down your bet, will this finally do it?

Oh, and by the way, I've already been warned once by the mysterious Tavern admin. And I tried to end with the classic "nice big cup of stfu" picture but hilariously enough they have censored the string "stfu" and I couldn't be bothered to reupload it to imageshack to take it out of the file name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:53 am 

I got a nice ban from Tavern. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:54 am 

i don't think you should get yourself banned or anything bakemaster.....

they just aren't worth the trouble.. i mean, like you and all the other experienced guys in sro who appreciate the game have way much more to contribute in the future than by just getting banned at some forums.....

i kinda feel sro/mmorpgs have a looong way to go yet.. if those people like that want to ruin the game for themslves or whatever then let them do it to themselves...

(as for botting :/ well, i kinda feel one day an mmorpg will have a place for player bots which players program for themsleves and play with like little... tamagotchis.. then there will be another area of the mmorpg where more player interaction is needed.. but thats some way in the future..)

ya,, its not worthwhile getting banned or anything.. nicer to stay observer and just see how people in mmorpgs are evolving..

Last edited by doplertin on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Step up and lay down your bet!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:08 am 
Loyal Member

Bakemaster wrote:
I've been torturing myself off and on with visits to Tavern, figuring that as an SA I owe it to the players to post on more than one forum and keep myself reasonably up to date on things that might not make it over here. But the more I read the more I have this perverse urge to flip out on someone and get myself banned. So lay down your bet, will this finally do it?

Oh, and by the way, I've already been warned once by the mysterious Tavern admin. And I tried to end with the classic "nice big cup of stfu" picture but hilariously enough they have censored the string "stfu" and I couldn't be bothered to reupload it to imageshack to take it out of the file name.
Wait i dont get it...What did u do thats so wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:31 am 
Elite Member

Hydralisk_X wrote:

Their loss. You were one of the few people on tavern that posted anything helpful. Welcome to silkroadforums. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:43 am 
Frequent Member

I hope you wipe your feet before coming in here, Bake... :P Don't want all that Tavern poop trodden into our nice carpets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:54 am 
Frequent Member

mmm...I like eggs. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:16 am 
Addicted Member

lol I'd never even join that forum, I've heard too many stories of keyloggers, spyware, viruses etc just from registering. Whether it's true or not I dunno, but better to be safe than sorry.

"Your a pushy little bastard ain't ya, but I like that.. I like that!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:20 am 
Frequent Member

tavern is the e-thug place of silkroad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:21 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Your last sentence ticked me XD ,and no im pretty sure you wont be banned.

Troy Mr_Arigatou lv 6x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:24 am 

Well, it would have been a lot more likely if I had gotten the image in there. Maybe I'll edit it to put in the image and push the ban through. I need an excuse to stay away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:26 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

There will always be idiots. Bakemaster, you're still a beacon of sensibility in the raw sewage that is the tavern. Don't let those assholes get to you. The point you made on that screenshot was well said. You don't need to flame to get your point across :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:47 am 

Hydralisk_X wrote:

me too. i got pissed and typed S>T>F>U (holding shift) and then for called everyone on tavern retards. I think.

Join the club bake!

Just go all out, speak your mind, and never go back!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:48 am 
Common Member

fant0m wrote:
Hydralisk_X wrote:

me too. i got pissed and typed S>T>F>U (holding shift) and then for called everyone on tavern retards. I think.

Join the club bake!

Just go all out, speak your mind, and never go back!!!!!!

With all due respect, you guys were a little hostile to potato in one of the threads... as well as hybrids in general at one point.

Last edited by ShadowOfADoubt on Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:54 am 
Loyal Member

MountainKing wrote:
There will always be idiots. Bakemaster, you're still a beacon of sensibility in the raw sewage that is the tavern. Don't let those assholes get to you. The point you made on that screenshot was well said. You don't need to flame to get your point across :D

Hear hear!

Bake, what you said to that girl/guy was exactly the kind of come back we need for the botters and cheaters. Over here, I think we all share your values. Should you get banned, which I think is completely absurd, it's their loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:02 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Bakemaster wrote:

After seeing and reading your post on silkroad taverns. I just have something to say. What have botters achivevd? Most poeple only bot because other people bot. If you had a chance to take the easy life, why wouldnt you.

Botters disrupt the game? how? Botters are the reason why everything is so cheap. If there wasnt any botters to get those sos, som ,sosun. It would cost millions. At least 1/4 person on silkroad bots, face it. Why, havent all of them gotten ban yet, because silkroad doesnt want them to. Silkroad wants their money. They will close down isro servers if it wernt for botters to supply them with money. Why would botters pay for silk? you might ask? If your have money to pay for a bot, why not buy a gold ticket. Bot for 9 hrs is same as bot for 6 hrs with ticket. More exp, why not! Well, legit people pay for silk too!, you might say. Yes but there are more botters who pay for silk then legit people. (most legit poeple quit cause of the boring grinding)

People who bot are people who dont want to spend 12 hrs a day on a game. Well if botters have a life, they wouldnt play games!! you might say. True, but most people play games. Thats why they invented it. Its in our blood to want to be the best in things. But what bots give, is an option to have a social life. AND be the best in a game you love.

-- Nothing personal XD
--You guys will probably flame me and say im a f'ing nub. But hey, freedom of speech.
-- Btw, I dont bot, just have something to say. <{"<) <( " )> (>")>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:33 am 
Frequent Member

When it all comes down to it, there's no getting away from the fact that using third-party programs with the game is against Joymax's ToS. So whether you think it's right or wrong, it's still illegal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:45 am 
Common Member

Moogie wrote:
When it all comes down to it, there's no getting away from the fact that using third-party programs with the game is against Joymax's ToS. So whether you think it's right or wrong, it's still illegal.

Indeed. Although illegal isn't the right word here. By going against the TOS, you nullify your 'contract' with sro and they no longer have any obligations to server you. Hence ban.

@Freedom-of-speech
about the economy - it already costs millions (case in point - sos 52 weapon ~25 - 40 mil). anyways, I know what you're trying to say, that they would be absurdly expensive. However how can you say that? there's no justification for that. Weapons can only sell for whatever the market is able to purchase at. If no one can afford SOx they won't sell. thus the marketer will have to drop the price. Just because there's no botters to inject goods into the market doesn't mean it will explode into market anarchy. Just as in real life, the basic laws of economics still apply here.

-> regarding botting, moogie is right. When you play a game, you should play by the rules. Do you enjoy playing CS when there's a guy running around with speed hack and aim bot? Probably not. In this the only way to get an advantage over others is by levelling; thus bots are the 'speed hacks' and 'aim bots' of SRO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:21 am 

This isn't a flame. More like corrective measures put in words...

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
After seeing and reading your post on silkroad taverns. I just have something to say. What have botters achivevd? Most poeple only bot because other people bot. If you had a chance to take the easy life, why wouldnt you.

Easy life is a highly subjective thing. So does 'enjoying' a game in a proper manner. MMORPGs takes time yes but if it's not for those who'd resort to botting, they still have an option to casually play legitimately. They're responsible for their own self inflicted 'pressures' to compete and undermining legitimate players' rights for fairplay is as unfair as the idea of 'keeping up with Joneses' illegally is mostly what 'easy life' means to a majority of botters.

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
Botters disrupt the game? how?

Hmm let me try to paint several 'visual' examples if you may allow;
- 1 botter = 1 cause for lag so 100 botters per server = a really, really unnecessary waste of bandwidth for other legit players.

- Botters encourages players to misunderstand 'fairplay' therefore it discourages ethical acts in the social aspect, something that's crucial in any 'massively multiplayer' games and its core positive attraction as opposed to single player ones.

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
Botters are the reason why everything is so cheap. If there wasnt any botters to get those sos, som ,sosun. It would cost millions.

I'm sorry I'm kinda lost here? Are you referring to lesser than level 16 'sealed' items or has it really gone to 6 figured prices for those? Which server would that be again? So no I don't think botters are the catalysts that balances inflation in in-game economics?

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
At least 1/4 person on silkroad bots, face it. Why, havent all of them gotten ban yet, because silkroad doesnt want them to. Silkroad wants their money. They will close down isro servers if it wernt for botters to supply them with money.

Smart botters would want to wing it without risking getting perma-banned and lose their in-game items' purchases at the same time. More idiotic ones would resort to CC frauds under the illusion that it would legitimize their actions and their accs. More legit players at higher levels had supported Joymax enough via purchases than botters will ever be and this point is redundant.

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
Why would botters pay for silk? you might ask? If your have money to pay for a bot, why not buy a gold ticket. Bot for 9 hrs is same as bot for 6 hrs with ticket. More exp, why not!

And the additional reason is stated above...

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
Well, legit people pay for silk too!, you might say. Yes but there are more botters who pay for silk then legit people. (most legit poeple quit cause of the boring grinding)

Fascinating fact? Had Joymax been transparent enough to produce financial reports with the said botters:legits ratio for monthly financial results?

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
People who bot are people who dont want to spend 12 hrs a day on a game. Well if botters have a life, they wouldnt play games!! you might say. True, but most people play games. Thats why they invented it. Its in our blood to want to be the best in things. But what bots give, is an option to have a social life. AND be the best in a game you love.

I agree on the part that some of the botters are most likely ones with time-constrained issues with dedicating commitment towards a pastime. But 'to be the best of things' is far better achieved with one's own effort and integrity. You don't walk with other people doing the leg lifting for you. You don't eat by being spoonfed. You don't breath because others is performing the heart and lung functions for you. You are what you are or who you are based on YOUR own actions and initiatives.

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
-- Nothing personal XD
--You guys will probably flame me and say im a f'ing nub. But hey, freedom of speech.
-- Btw, I dont bot, just have something to say. <{"<) <( " )> (>")>

- Nothing personal from my part either. Just an opinion that's intended for a thorough read.

- I've started in good will by stating that this isn't a flame and I don't think that you're n00b, only slightly misguided in this regards.

Good luck and good game to you Freedom of Speech.

>>>Getting back to the topic...
I think I pretty much covered what or how I've felt about SROTavern's forums before in that topic made in the Off Topic section.

Simple. If they can't appreciate a good SA's work in providing opinions, I don't think a ban would affect nor alleviate the forum's moderators and / or community's from their failure in managing themselves in real contris via fruitful discussions. See that reply right after Bake's remark and you'll see my point.

1 thing's for sure Bakes is that 90% of the time you're wasting your time to even lurk around there for news and/or players' grievances especially when the mods there is seemingly favouring those who loves to sensationalize less than thoughtful posts to those who wants to really be good and helpful. So in any case, you're much better needed to focus your energies here. I'm sure a lot of us would support that idea.

Ban or no ban, you'll always own here in our books...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:47 pm 
Ex-Staff

bake - I thought getting warnings on tavern was a requirement for being able to post there.

freedom - if you don't have the time to play a game, then don't play it at all. Respect is earned not given or taken, so don't spout on about being the "best" just because you have a high level character or all the skills.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:13 pm 

Freedom-of-speech wrote:

Why do people always say this about botting. I disagree 100%. To begin most legit players don't play more than 3 hours a day. Even with that, I manage school, a part time job, football, wrestling, and still have time to go do things with my freinds. Botters just want everything without haveing to work for it. In my opinion, it is thoes kind of people that are going to be that downfall of society in general. Not to flame though, your entitled to your opinions just as I to mine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bakemaster wrote:

That was mild at best, but I must take into consideration they're all 12 year olds (thus amplifying) When I get back on Friday we should double team someone :O :love:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:16 pm 

Freedom-of-speech wrote:
Most poeple only bot because other people bot. If you had a chance to take the easy life, why wouldnt you.

The short answer is because I believe in right and wrong.

I can't really respond to the rest of your post without flaming, and your arguments are so riddled with holes and have been addressed so many times that it's not worth my time to answer them any more. Also this is not a thread about botting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:59 pm 
Common Member

Hydralisk_X wrote:
why did u get banned? was it because maybe u admited to using a bot to farm sp?http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/jonesey325/Untitled-2copy.jpg
ur ban says cheat users are not welcome here. any one who self admits to using a bot is banned and that makes sense, they are just trying to do some house cleaning :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:25 pm 
Loyal Member

Hydralisk_X wrote:

lol yeah tobad, and welcome to silkroadforums instead. :)

I go to the tavern for their Market's which are way more active then here (atleast from Aeges pov)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:39 pm 

dreyepatch wrote:
why did u get banned? was it because maybe u admited to using a bot to farm sp?http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/jonesey325/Untitled-2copy.jpg
ur ban says cheat users are not welcome here. any one who self admits to using a bot is banned and that makes sense, they are just trying to do some house cleaning :shock:

HAH! You have obviously never been to Tavern. People post all the time about how great their bot is and how dumb people are who don't bot, then somone who doesn't bot writes an angry reply and gets banned for flaming. Tavern :love: botters and botters :love: Tavern.

Oh, and I guess I have to try harder to get that ban. :D Here goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:47 pm 
Site Owner

Can I hit it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:44 pm 
Common Member

Ryoko wrote:

Can I hit it?

no iz mine u nooblet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:53 am 
Site Owner

BrowNTyGeR wrote:
Ryoko wrote:
Can I hit it?

no iz mine u nooblet

Hee hee, okay.

....kidding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:14 am 
Advanced Member

dreyepatch wrote:
Hydralisk_X wrote:

Well, Hydra is actually knowledgable and not a dick like most botters (all of HooD on Troy)