Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: I love the DrUnK3nTiG3r's [^_^]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:04 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

In the hopes of not adding any more fuel to the fire, I would like to say a little something about the DrUnK3nTiG3r's of Oasis...

Please understand that SilkRoadOnline is my very first MMPORPG so I have yet to learn all the lingo and accepted practices of this type of game.

But from what I understand, a guild is a group of people with mutual interests who form a community that they can turn to for aid and protection as well as provide it.

And yes the guild leader should provide as a great source of that help, but I don't think that that job should be left entirely on the GM... the members also have to do their part. And one must not forget that even Guild Masters require assistance, especially if the help needed benefits the entire guild [eg. seeking... (NOT requiring) donations for guild level up]...

From the moment I first started and nearly 40 levels later I am still in DrUnK3nTiG3r... because they have been such a great support system... I'm pleased that I have gotten "strong and experienced" enough to start providing similar assistance to new guild members... and while I still have much to learn, I know I'll be with DrUnK3nTiG3r for the rest of the way.

Azatani brought up the idea that Voltis couldn't "back up" his guild members, and that he's too weak to do so...

While Volt still has a bit to go before the level cap, I hardly consider him weak... and he doesn't seem to be the type to jump to conclusions. Him being a GM in a quite extensive Union, I'm sure he knows plenty of other GM's and as a collective, know whose words can be trusted more often than not.

So when other GM's left and right were contacting him to war and all of the conflict seem to have been started by a sole member of the guild... then one can logically assume so.

In the end many conflicts were pacified Azatani, and yet you left... Volt did not boot you... maybe you were upset that he didn't back you up, but honestly I don't think any of us would have. That's like asking us to fill in (by hand) a hole that you're continually digging yourself in and you are the only one equipped with a shovel.

Also I hardly think DrUnK3nTiG3r is a non-active guild... I try to play at least 3 times a week, and during the current holiday events, I try to play everyday... and the same goes for many of the members.

Not many of us can be actively ONline 24 hours a day... [disregarding the occasional overnight stall of course >_<]...

I, the guild member with the least amount of responsibilities on our side of the world is probably on more often than the rest. One member has finally settled in after moving crosscountry, so she has started to play more. 2 other members were quite busy especially with finals in college so that has more priority, but with the holiday breaks, they're on more often too. And 4 highly active members seceded from the guild and formed a new guild... but all in excellent terms with Volt, in fact they are in same union so we all still chat. And do realize that Volt IS a father with a beautiful family, so no one has the right to say that he should play more. I'm glad he has his priorities straight, lol cuz I'd be a bit skeeved if he was on all day... cuz I wouldn't enjoy my dad being more on the computer than with us. All in all the core members of the guild still play...

Sadly the guild hasn't had as much good luck with other members, you left the guild [twice] and I presume took your brother with you... [greetings to Acq / Qing by the way ^_^]... other members were recruited but weren't active at all... but I guess that all comes with the territory. ::insert appropriate analogy here::

I have many more things to say... but I want to actually play SRO tonight in hopes of finally getting a pandora's box... lol... but so-ok seems to think I need more dodging scrolls [>_<]

Anyhoo if anyone sees me grinding away... feel free to say hello ^^... but no ks'ing please lol... there are more than enough mobs for everybody... at least where I'm at...

And Azatani, take care hun... ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:45 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I was appalled that anyone would think that any single person should be responsible for the entire guild.

You parleyed my opinion on the subject quite well.

What is DrUnK3nTiG3r's level/ requirements?

Post subject: Thanks ^_^
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:20 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hello HoboAJ... love the name... and the avatar... that's from a pic with a boy and a girl captioned with something like: "that girl has got my fish"... right? though most likely in slightly crasser vocabulary... lol

Anyhoo as for the guild, I believe the current requirements are at least being level 30... solely used as an indication that you must have played the game for a bit of time to reach that level.

English speaking is preferred though it doesn't have to be perfect...

Also as with many rules, they can be bent... lol... just PM either Voltis_5, DrUnK3nMaN, or Harisu if you see us roaming about... but if you are in a different timezone feel free to inquire from any other guild members you might see...

or a plain message to Voltis_5's message box would do quite nicely as well...

^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 pm 

a bit late but......

YAY LVL 4 :D :D :D a big thanks to all for the hard work and donations :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:34 pm 

:roll:

lvl 6X =--= Spear Int Nuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:31 am 

Thunder007 wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:57 am 
Common Member

Hey, can i join your guild? Im kinda bored with Dark_Rivalz. PM _FullmetaL in-game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:04 pm 

come on in FULL, ur more than welcome to join :D only requirement is to be active....or however active u can be 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi Har, Hi volt...

I'll probably be contacting you guys more now that Liquor handed leadership over to me as well as the fact that our guild needs some serious reforms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:04 pm 

SPINGYYY :D how ya doin :D and welcome to the forum. checked out the "other" thread yet by ur hun :roll: :D . anywho that sucks that LIQ wont be on as much but at least the guild is still around :) cya around. im here from time to time if i aint got work...WORK SUXS ASS :banghead: