Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Aegis Recruiting, Level 4 Guild
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:10 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Aegis recently promoted to level 4 and has at least 10 openings. The Guild was created only a month ago, yet made it to level 4 due to some great guild members.

We carry a broad range of character levels, from 24 to 69 currently. Our biggest challenge is keeping "active" players. Therefore, when recruiting, we look for dedicated players who like to participate in the game, even if it is just talking with the guild as you grind. As the guild philosophy states below, we do not pressure anyone to level, donate items or gold, etc. Just play often and have fun!

Aegis is also in a Union with two other level 4 guilds (Commanders, RealGames) and 2 level 3 guilds (DarkKnights, ASTIG).

Guild Philosophy:
In Greek mythology, Aegis was the shield of Zeus. In Latin, "Aigis" translates to "goatskin shield of Zeus".
In modern english, the definition is "with the support or protection of somebody or something"

Guidelines:
1) No botting: This is non-negotiable. Aegis will not now, or ever, be associated with botting...it is grounds for immediate dismissal if sufficient evidence is found. I realize that in order to reach higher levels, and in order for a guild to truly compete, botting has become a necessity. However, it will not be tolerated, and as such, Aegis will most likely never become one of the most powerful guilds on Oasis. I can live with that...and it leads to number 2.

2)Have fun: You will not ever be pressured to level...that is entirely up to you. If you wish to spend your days thieving/hunting/trading...go right ahead. As long as you are participating in the game and including guild mates when possible. The stipulation is that you must remain active. A guild is not fun when half the members don't play. If you will be gone for a period of time, all that we ask is that you let us know, and you will not be kicked.

3)Don't be an a-hole: I don't think I need to expound on that too much more. Represent yourself and the guild in a favorable manner. No harrassment/spamming/overall bad behavior will be tolerated.

-Must be english-speaking/typing. It doesn't have to be your first (or best) language.
-Doesn't matter where you live (timezone) We have members from Malaysia, Romania, US, Europe, Columbia, quite a few from Australia....across the globe.
-Ventrillo is not a requirement yet, and may only be recommended in the future if the guild wishes to move in that direction. A server is up and can be used if desired.
-There is no requirement to donate stuff to fellow members..you have to make a living...sell it...or sell it to guildmates at a discount. But you will not be pressured to "give". If you want to level up the guild, let me know and we will decide the most fair way to do so. You will have a voice in the direction the guild takes. Think of it as a "round table"

PM me ,Joe_Mama, or Glaxier for a quick screening. If you have read the above and agree with it, then I expect you to abide by it while you are a member of Aegis.

That's all for now.........

Build: Int Sw/Sh,Fire/Light

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:34 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi, I am interested in joining. If we can meet ingame that would be great so we can discuss the matter of me joining the guild, and if i can get the ventrilo ip that would be even better. Hope to talk to you soon.

CajunWarrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:16 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

hey i read through your post and like how your guild sounds. i tried to get ahold of you on silkroad but couldnt. i was wanting to see if you had any positions open. if you want to try and get hold of me. my IGN:ryokohonda. thank you