Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Venice is like the ghetto
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:05 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I played sro for 2years and left last yr for another game. Came back to sro and went to my old server (Venice) to find General chat was non existant (gold spammers galore) and i think me and my hubby r the only 2 legit players left on the server (bots!!! all over the place) I love this game...and what joymax has done to it is disgusting...there r no words. It sadens me to see a good game go to the gutter. Are all the servers like this now? Altho i have a lvl 80+ char i decided to start over again with my new hubby and its very lonely in Venice. I do see Globals so i no there r real people playing it, but where r they? I jumped on my hi lvl char and went looking in takla and the new area Roc Mountain and only saw bots. *shakes head in disgust*. The globals r vicious, more so then last year. Every 1 that is alive and playing hates every 1 else. Cursing, putdowns, account selling, etc. I am at this time only lvl 25 and so is my hubby..we would like to make some friends on Venice if there is any 1 left that is NOT botting. We dont care what ur nationality is or what country u live in..if ur decent and respectful we'd like to know u. (if u exist)
I guess my point is 2 fold, 1. venting on how horrible the game has become and 2. wanting to find some real people to play with. And on a 3rd note, is there anything we can do to stop the bots and gold spammers? Or at least make it tolerable?

Post subject: Re: Venice is like the ghetto
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm 
Loyal Member

I doubt its anything like concentration camps.

Playing Jade Dynasty
2x Lupin Wdfmymoney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm 
Loyal Member

Playing Jade Dynasty
2x Lupin Wdfmymoney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:23 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

nohunta wrote:

WOW!!! your an older gamer to no about concentration camps :D
:D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:20 pm 

ZuZanny!!! I'd go out and grind with you but I'm in Venus. I left Venice almost a year ago because of the bot situation. Of course Venus has bots, but it seems a lot better, to me anyway. The Confederation on Venus I suppose has its issues, but at least they are actively fighting the bots. They have rules about no partying with bots, generally treat the bots like outcasts, set up bot traps (doesn't always happen) at the city gates to keep the gold bots contained.

I grind my rogue on both the Chinese and European sides of the map and haven't run into a lot of bot problems. Maybe it's just because I'm a low level, but the grind here seems easier than I ever remember it in Venice.

It's too bad I can't move my Venice blader over to Venus. :-(

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)