Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Epic] lvl 5 friendly active guild recruiting =)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:50 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi everyone,
Epic, a lvl 5 guild is recruiting! We have a lot of active members, some 60+ and some low levels. We have our own dedicated TeamSpeak server and website/forum with java applet calculating utilities that I programmed.
The guild chat is very active and we emphasize having fun while playing the game. Personally I would have quit a long time ago if not for Epic. Grinding without chatting with people, telling jokes, chilling over TeamSpeak is just simply not fun!

We have players from many different ethnicities but fluency in English is a must. Also, since we have players from all different timezones, there's usually at least one or two high levels on at any given time if you need help.

Anyways, here's the requirements if you're interested
Lvl 45+
fluent in English and more-or-less pretty social (although it's cool if you prefer to f12 then just grind without distractions... but we would like to get to know you)
don't bot in the guild please. We don't care what your history was, but while in the guild, be legit.

If you meet these or almost meet these (eg.. almost to lvl 45), PM anyone from this list:

Misuzo
MountainKing
Nephillim
SirKamil

Alternatively, just try to find an Epic member and ask them to join...

However, if you join, DO NOT beg for stuff... at least not until we get to know you better =P. We hate beggers.

Looking forward to meeting some new faces :D Have fun playing, everyone! :)

Oh, and as a pre-emptive strike on Blad0r, I accidentally KS'd him once (or maybe twice, i wasn't really paying attention) and he freaked out and started swearing like crazy. Then he proceeded to follow me around for nearly 10 minutes trying to KS me. However, you know what happens when a pure str blader tries to KS an int... nothing =P. He's also upset at a war we had earlier which was very disorganized... as they tend to be due to lack of a good warring system, where one of our high levels killed their low level when we had said they'd stay out (he hadn't read the chat and didn't know... after that he didn't participate). It's just 1 war point.. geeze. We ended up wining by a few hundred anyways =D. Anyways, at the end of the fight, one of their guildies proceeded to flame us for being botters (since OBVIOUSLY all high levels are always botters.. :roll: /sarcasm) but actually Blad0r was mature enough to retract that unfound statement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:49 pm 
Loyal Member

What I like about Epic are

- Legit.
No botters allowed. With sufficent proof, they kick the botter regardless of his/her level.

- Active.
At anytime, there're at least 10 people playing since the members are spread all over the world.

- Fun.
The guild chat channel always active. Teamspeak is a blast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:23 pm 

hmm maybe ill join.

i just got active again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:28 pm 
Loyal Member

So I've been in Epic for about a week now. So far, I like it. We've been 5* union trading every other day. The 4x (like me) and lower players are traders and get to sit on their camels the entire trip while the higher level hunters protect. After a trade run, I made about 200k. The guild is already at level 5 so our guild master just let the traders keep the money. It helps a lot. That's what we do, look out for one another.

Epic has a desinated Team Speak server. The boyz get to run their mouths on anything they want. It really make the daily grind less painful.

We have kicked a few botters so give
    Misuzo
    MountainKing
    Nephillim
    SirKamil
a shout if you want to join a casual, legit guild. PM me Anh_Hung_Rom at any time. Generally, I'm online 7 pm - 12 pm (West Coast/GMT -7).

Last edited by Anh_Hung_Rom on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:04 pm 
Common Member

Just want to give a shout that we're still recruiting. PM/mail any of the listed people if you're interested in joining. Don't be shy, we're friendly :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:31 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Epic is evil sometimes :O , ive seen them murder a few people for no apparent reason..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:07 pm 
Loyal Member

Murdered? As in red-name offended status murdering?
Please provide the name of the person and I'll escalate to our GM for appropriate actions. We don't tolerate such behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:22 pm 
Common Member

The guild is hella cool. i just joined but i've been kicking it on their ts for a few days and its been very entertaining so far!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:18 pm 
Loyal Member

eyepatch,
I'm disappointed at myself that I didn't recognize your name from SRF.
:banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:34 pm 

Ann_Hung_Rom ive not seen you about...

(Epic broke their word to puresouls during the war...)

Level: 5X (SP Farming)
Build: P.Str/Fire/Blade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:54 pm 
Loyal Member

I don't hang around town a whole lot. :D no time!

Oh contact Misuzo, our GM, for any war declaration. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:45 pm 
Loyal Member

Bots are gone in Venice after the update. JoyMax FTW x10!!!!
Bot guilds like Da_Tang starting doing job for a change. Very Happy Epic, my guild, went on a trade last night to celebrate one of our member just reach 60. After we passed the ferry (at the Earth Taoists' territory) Da_Tang sent thieves out to mess with us. The traders camels were down at one point but at the end, everybody made it. Our leader pwned Da_Tang leader, the king of bot n00bs! Later, our 6x Union players pwned Da_Tang at the south gate of Donwhang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:45 pm 
Common Member

Arg dam stupid university assignments.... I grinded like hell a few days before the last inspection and went from lvl 60-62 in one day (gotta love the 20% exp bonus event). Then I went on a break to get my university work done and I missed all the fun! :(

Also if you want war, sometimes I'm GM when Misuzo isn't online so give me a pm if you want war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:25 pm 
Advanced Member

My guildm8 says he saw Da_Tang members in cave training.. a lot. There may still be bots around :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:39 am 
Common Member

yeah, da_bots are back and da_tang is back to their old ways of da_botting.

We're a legit, active guild. We also have our own forum and Teamspeak server. We're recruiting lvl 40+. If you're lower level but consider yourself to be a mature, friendly person give us a pm... genuinly nice people aren't all that easy to come by in SRO :)

MountainKing
lvl 64 legit at the time of this writing

if you can read this, you are too close

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:55 pm 
Loyal Member

Hey Shadow,

I posted the recruiting message in silkroadonline.net and guess who answer? BlazeofFury. :D It was so nice of her to endorse it.

Oh btw, for those who don't know, BlazeofFury is from the Empire. Her guild leader, Elite and she helps us with trade runs any time we need. Last time we trade was on Sunday and Elite owned MrNeo big time. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:46 am 
Advanced Member

hey mountain! nice job thieving today :D That was one fun battle lol. Even though all i can do at this lvl is freeze them with frost nova.... i did manage to freeze quite a few lvl 70s lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:13 pm 
Loyal Member

Updated Guild Policies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:09 pm 
Common Member

Hey everyone, we're always recruiting and now is no exception =)

Even if you're a low level char, if you consider yourself to be a very active and social player who can speak english fluently (communication is the key to a happy group), give us a holler.

We don't care for botting - we play to have fun, not to wtfpwn everyone on the server. If you're caught botting, you'll be banned from the guild, end of story. While I agree that grinding is boring, you can't very well socialize if you're not in front of you computer, right?

Also, we don't 1* pop anymore... at least not on purpose. ie, we don't sit on the road with a semi full bull and wait for 1* traders to get victimized. If you see someone 1* popping let me know. However, we don't necessarily ban 1* poppers... we're mainly only strict about anti-botting.

We're a legit, active guild. We also have our own forum and Teamspeak server. We're recruiting lvl 40+. If you're lower level but consider yourself to be a mature, friendly person give us a pm... genuinly nice people aren't all that easy to come by in SRO :)

MountainKing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:51 am 
Casual Member

dam lvl 45+? looks like i got a long way to go, but i am very social, and even though im new to these types of games, i always try to help out people that are newer than myself. well when i am at level 45, i will be back here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:06 pm 
Loyal Member

what is your level bizzy? We rather have a nice guildmate whos low level than a high level who's not a team player. If you're a social animal, we would love to have you aboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:28 am 
Casual Member

man this is embarassing im level 18 almsot nineteen, but i am tryin to farm with a 9 lvl gap. i can close up the gap and try to level faster if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:56 pm 
Loyal Member

:D No. I advice you not to rush your plan just to join us. We all wish we had farmed more SPs when we're at lower levels. We'll be there when you're done. :D Good luck! When you think you're ready, contact:
MountainKing
Anh_Hung_Rom
any Epic member you see running around.

C'ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:56 pm 
Casual Member

hey thanks ANH.

i think i will keep farming as advised.

can i ask ya a quick question?

ok some people say that if you farm 10,000 pts, then u can go through the rest of the game with a 5 lvl gap, and be good with the sp. is there any truth to that? im going for a str glaive build.

i've never played any type of game like this before, im mainly a FPS gamer, but there is something about silkroad that is addicting.

THX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:56 pm 

Hey bizzy,

all i can say is to farm as much as your patience holds up, and sure you can keep a 5 lvl gap because theres alot of grinding to do in the game, and you'll have enough sp.

I kinda conditioned myself to the grind while farming.

//Just joined [Epic] and i like the atmosphere, and the cooperation. Very laid back guild thats fun and always active on TeamSpeak, and in the chat. I mean if you are looking for a kick-back guild, join up [Epic]!

Quit Silk.
6/20/06 - 10/10/06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:22 pm 
Loyal Member

I agree with pake1. While the basic glaive build requires fewer SPs than any other builds, you can polish your char better with more SPs. If you have a godly weapon like pake1 here, go for 100k or even more. :P An hour you spend farming will save you 2-3 hours at higher levels.

GL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:08 am 
Casual Member

ok thanks for the advice guys. to be completely honest though, im only at 10K sp, im kinda gettin tired of farming already, i really dont know if i could farm 100k at the stronghold.

no goldent tickets either. i was actually in a small guild called "visionaries" but alot of the members didnt pitch in to lvl up the guild, so the guild ended. one of the members "sonnycheeba" is actually a member of EPIC now. i still see him farming at the stronghold, and one of these days i'd like to be on his side in the Epic guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:10 pm 
Common Member

Sure thing... what's your ign? just give me a mail next time you're able to. We'd rather have friendly, social, active people than unfriendly, silent, unactive players... even if it means recruiting lower levels. So, we have a happy-go-lucky guild, but it's not the strongest on the server =P

MountainKing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:01 pm 
Casual Member

ShadowOfADoubt wrote:
Sure thing... what's your ign? just give me a mail next time you're able to. We'd rather have friendly, social, active people than unfriendly, silent, unactive players... even if it means recruiting lower levels. So, we have a happy-go-lucky guild, but it's not the strongest on the server =P

yea i'll definitely give ya a pm when im in the game. your ign is the same as its here? well my ign is Urukai_420. jsut a few questions about the guild.

1. what type of jobs do most epic members do?

2. are any of the jobs restricted? theres a guilds that do not allow thieving at all.

3. sometimes i ask a lot of questions, because im new to these types of games, do you guys mind if i ask a lot of questions? i dont wanna bother anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:54 am 
Common Member

bizzy511 wrote:
ShadowOfADoubt wrote:

yea i'll definitely give ya a pm when im in the game. your ign is the same as its here? well my ign is Urukai_420. jsut a few questions about the guild.

1. what type of jobs do most epic members do?

2. are any of the jobs restricted? theres a guilds that do not allow thieving at all.

3. sometimes i ask a lot of questions, because im new to these types of games, do you guys mind if i ask a lot of questions? i dont wanna bother anyone.

sorry, plz give me a mail - I tend to leave my character afk in town near the hotan north bridge (yes sorry, I'm one of the criminals who contribute to lag...) and often whispers get wiped out. So if i haven't responded, it's because of that. If you send me a mail, i'll get back to you

to answer your questions
1 - everything
2 - none are restricted, just don't one star pop if you're a thief and obviously don't kill any union/guildies
3 - no problem, how can you learn without asking? feel free to fire away.

MountainKing