Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Does sro translate to real life?
Yes 21%  21%  [ 7 ]
No 79%  79%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject: Sro and Real Life
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:58 pm 
Banned User

Im seeing alot of ppl using the phrase "botting is like asking somebody else to have sex with your girlfriend" , as if its a witty , insightful observation. That's a pretty stupid thing to say if you ask me

Im taking this from the 'general' forum , which i will not post in , and what i see commonly is that if you take XXX action in sro it says XXX about you in real life. I think this is very flawed and if anything says some pretty disturbing things about the ppl saying it

A few examples of how this just doesnt translate:

1. A player who hunts will step up and defend a person being robbed or attacked? I very HIGHLY doubt many who play sro would

2. Diabolic took advantage of an exploit and stole alot of others items. I doubt they are out crawling thru ppl's windows with their t.v.'s (pls no fat jokes bout diabolic lol)

3. One of the few activities in the game is pvp. Does anybody think most who play are so combative? That they enjoy testing themselves against other's and seeing how they match up? Sheeeeiiiiitttttt. Most who pvp or job will run for the safe zone rather than die and have somebody say "i killed you" and have their tiny pride hurt

I dont see how anything done in an online game translates to real life. Maybe if some spent more time pimping their real life and less time pimping their sro chars they wouldnt take it so serious

This thread is NOT about botting. Its about perspective of this game and whether it should be so frequently connected with real life

Post subject: Re: Sro and Real Life
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:46 pm 
Banned User

dam i voted for yes before i read it >.<

well some arab ppl blow them selfs up to kill other ppl ,

and the other day a high lv arab clerik guy went pk on my guildie with offering (sucide) ... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:28 pm 
Veteran Member

I don't think the gameplay has anything to do with life, but i do think that the way you act towards others in the game is probably a good interpretation of how you act in real life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:18 pm 
Banned User

Im gonna let you in on a secret DeX...

Most legits are idiots.

Heres an example of my regular day as a legit

I would get home from work, ignore my real life obligations and grind for atleast 3 hours a night. During my nightly grind I would talk shit to botters and global all the time. In guild/union chat as well as teamspeak all we would do is bitch about them. This shit talk was common in Hybrid and PE union.

Imagine all the hours I wasted hand grinding and what I could of done with my life...Educate myself further, have a social life outside a game ..etc.

What it comes down to is legits having these so called "morals" and thinking that cheating in a game is the same as cheating on your wife. Real life and your health is far more important then bashing keys for 3 hours +++ a night.

I'm glad to say that it won't be long till I'm finished with this game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:26 pm 

MrH wrote:

Most legits are idiots.

I would get home from work, ignore my real life obligations and grind for atleast 3 hours a night. During my nightly grind I would talk shit to botters and global all the time. In guild/union chat as well as teamspeak all we would do is bitch about them. This shit talk was common in Hybrid and PE union.

Imagine all the hours I wasted hand grinding and what I could of done with my life...Educate myself further, have a social life outside a game ..etc.

What it comes down to is legits having these so called "morals" and thinking that cheating in a game is the same as cheating on your wife. Real life and your health is far more important then bashing keys for 3 hours +++ a night.

Making us seem like no life people who just bitch and bitch doesn't seem like the nicest thing to do. Idk how you think 3-4 hours a day means we can't have a life at all, but I'm sure that's all past you now right. :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:27 pm 
Banned User

I didn't say all, I said most now get off my dick.

When you grind 3 hours, you are most likely playing for 4-5. I don't see how there is any time left in the day when you get home at 5pm and grind for 4-5hours.

Yes thanks I am much better off now.

AND PS

I'm talking about my personal experiences

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:42 pm 

Oh I'm aware, I didn't mean to sound offensive. I get home at 3, go to bed at 12 ish. 9 hours is plenty of time to go out, have dinner, homework, play sro etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:09 am 
Banned User

Albel
I agree with you man , to an extent , what i'd say tho is that how they act towards others in game says alot about their character but do u honestly think ppl who play sro will say the racist , insulting things they say to somebody in person?

That person may be an asshole on the inside but he wont pull that shit in the real world

Humps
100% Agree bro but this isnt about botting lol. I see alot of ppl taking sro to be a literal translation of thier life. Has anybody noticed that a person with a sun item is almost always an asshole? As if they command respect or dont realise that they are still just some clown acting tough on a video game

EDIT*****
After reading your post again Humps , i see the point your making , that ppl with , we'll say 'video game morals' , are blurring the line between life and game or are justifying their position by making some real life connection. Or at least i think thats what you meant :P

Balkan
Umm.......... hmm...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:30 am 
Banned User

OG_DeX wrote:

EDIT*****
After reading your post again Humps , i see the point your making , that ppl with , we'll say 'video game morals' , are blurring the line between life and game or are justifying their position by making some real life connection. Or at least i think thats what you meant :P

This is what I meant I also got side tracked :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:34 am 
Banned User

answer, no i only play sro to timeout from the real world...its fun to kill people in game than in real life :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:04 pm 
Common Member

same here >.<

Full STR Glaiver -- Wiz/Bard -- Pure Int Spear
!J4mR0cK!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:02 pm 
Banned User

I voted no. Why?....because in game I get owned all the time. In real life I kick ass. And Im not being cocky either :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:25 am 
Banned User

I do what I do when I have the chance to do it.

My health, my mom's deteriorating health, and school are so much more important to me than this game. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy it when I have the chance to be at the computer. It's no fun getting 1-hit by 80's.

I have 20x the amount of 'enemies' ingame as I do irl, because people are so uptight about the game.

You enjoy it your way. I'll enjoy it my way.

I've never looked at botting as cheating on your (in)significant other. How is it even close? Some people just don't wish to spend the time they have off of work or school pressing the same 5 buttons repeatedly. That doesn't mean they're lazy pieces of shit. If they want to bot and play, let them do it. It doesn't affect your ability to press your buttons for 4-5 hours, and bitching isn't going to change that a program does the work for them. If they want to take their wife out to dinner and a movie, and don't want to waste their $20 for a premium, does that mean they're assholes?

I don't think half the things people say in globals would be said in real life. Not to flame bait, but 714 wouldn't have the balls to call someone a 'Sand *****' to their face. I prob wouldn't be able to tell someone to go **** themselves, cause, well.. I'm a small person with a low pain tolerance. :D

Internet egos ftl. Taking sides ftl. SRo ftl.

<3 911

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:43 am 
Veteran Member

OG_DeX wrote:
Albel
I agree with you man , to an extent , what i'd say tho is that how they act towards others in game says alot about their character but do u honestly think ppl who play sro will say the racist , insulting things they say to somebody in person?

That person may be an asshole on the inside but he wont pull that shit in the real world

Humps
100% Agree bro but this isnt about botting lol. I see alot of ppl taking sro to be a literal translation of thier life. Has anybody noticed that a person with a sun item is almost always an asshole? As if they command respect or dont realise that they are still just some clown acting tough on a video game

EDIT*****

Balkan
Umm.......... hmm...

I agree on the fact that they won't pull it out IRL.....but they are still racists.

At humpers comment....(not pulling bot issue out)...i usually dont play till like 8 or 9 pm after i got all my shit done and been out for a while....altho i agree there are people who spend too much time playing the game. And the b1tching? I've played a lot of sports and its all the same. You talk as much sh1t as possible about the other team to make yourself feel better. It existed in hockey....in football....and in sro :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:47 am 
Banned User

Itonami wrote:
... Not to flame bait, but 714 wouldn't have the balls to call someone a 'Sand *****' to their face. I prob wouldn't be able to tell someone to go **** themselves, cause, well..

and an arab guy wouldnt say "white trash" in a european shopping center .

but if he would , boy i'd pay to see that :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:41 pm 
Frequent Member

I voted for NO..

Game is a game and Life is Life.... if a person can understand the THIN LINE between them have a better life to go ahead with....

I have been playing lots of games almost for more than 6 years now and i can differentiate between game and life and i make the best of life and im happy with it :)

Moreover i dont just play games, but i work on them sometimes .... :wink:
Currently im working on understanding how a bot software is coded (well its a project im doing for my master's), it doesnt mean that i dont hav a life... and neither im a botter....

IM PROUD TO BE A LEGIT :)

Peace out :love: :love:

Quick Easy Fix Turn off your computer, beat it with a hammer. If it turns back on when prompted, turn it back off and do again until it doesn't come on again. Once that is taken care of, go get a book and learn about computers.

NVDIA Drivers
BSOD
Download anything for FREE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:27 pm 
Common Member

Quote:
I voted for NO..

Game is a game and Life is Life.... if a person can understand the THIN LINE between them have a better life to go ahead with....

+1

Pure INT Sword + Shield
Cold + Light

World of Warcraft {ON}
Server Warsong
Paladin Blood Elf lvl 80
Holy spec 51/20/0
For the Horde!

Others games: The witchet, NWN2 and waiting Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:00 pm 
Common Member

Quote:
[/quote]

:roll: we understand your piont but the non life ppl doesnt understand ya.
they think that if they just see a botter and make it murder their pe**s will grow :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:54 pm 

banana wrote:
Quote:

:roll: we understand your piont but the non life ppl doesnt understand ya.
they think that if they just see a botter and make it murder their pe**s will grow :roll:

Is that just what you think when you rage after someone kills you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:38 pm 
Common Member

Azilius wrote:
banana wrote:
Quote:

we understand your point but the non life ppl doesnt understand ya.

Is that just what you think when you rage after someone kills you?

w.e :roll:

and in a game like this the posibility of be inmortal is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 % :wink:
soo if is like you say that someone got angry when someone kill him/her just do not pvp or job darling :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:16 pm 

Whatever you say, Mishiru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:52 am 
Ex-Staff

It's pretty funny seeing this topic about 9 months later and seeing all the people who have posted that are now banned and what they originally said ITT.

Quote:
they think that if they just see a botter and make it murder their pe**s will grow

Actually when I use to do this on Greece a year ago, it was mostly for entertainment purposes when I was bored as well as a chance to really stick it to some of the bots on the servers. Plus it does make some good money and sometimes, when someone does know that you got them lvl 15 murderer, it's funny to read them cursing you out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:21 pm 
Common Member

Manowar wrote:
It's pretty funny seeing this topic about 9 months later and seeing all the people who have posted that are now banned and what they originally said ITT.

Quote:
they think that if they just see a botter and make it murder their pe**s will grow

Actually when I use to do this on Greece a year ago, it was mostly for entertainment purposes when I was bored as well as a chance to really stick it to some of the bots on the servers. Plus it does make some good money and sometimes, when someone does know that you got them lvl 15 murderer, it's funny to read them cursing you out.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:55 pm 

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Look guys I'm mishiru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:20 am 
Veteran Member

i love when the turks beg for their shit back and you just go .....Nope.
i only do it anymore to enrage the few ppl left that bot on venus, I'm trying to get them mad enough to bring friends =.=

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:48 pm 

no, but if you have a tendancy to play bad, for example KS, murder, flame with obscenities, you probably do those things for real in life

on the other hand if you in game help people, for example share willingly without crying if you never get paid back, you spend time to help new players, friends, guildies, union mates, (without complaining)
then you are probably a good person in real life

as far as the job thing goes, it doesnt really matter, its part of the game

and yes i do have 2 chars on greece,
but this discussion would have been better for GD, so more could have found it
8) 8)

Play Alexander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:50 pm 

:D :P :D :P :D :P :D :P ~~~~~~~~loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool~~~~~~~~~ :D :P :D :P :D :P :D :P

Dollars Dont Make You Rich

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:54 pm 

MrH wrote:

Most legits are idiots.

Failed/
If u feel like it waste ur time quit easy here are the steps

1 go to my computer
2 find it on ur hard drive
3 delete
4 walk away from computer
5 dont look back xD

TyrantKing Rogue/Warrior 2X
Guild:Fable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 am 

^

He's banned for botting. No point in replying..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:50 pm 
Banned User

SoAyame wrote:
Failed/
If u feel like it waste ur time quit easy here are the steps

1 go to my computer
2 find it on ur hard drive
3 delete
4 walk away from computer
5 dont look back xD

then 2 hours later u come back with ur hands shaking and dl an undelete tool while crying and saying im sorry my love :)