Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Joymax's service and Greece server...
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:51 pm 
Banned User

Hello guys im new in this forum but old in the SRO...
I was thinking how to force Joymax to get the service we deserve...
So i was thinking to show Joymax our community' s (greece server) power.
My idea is this:
Lets pick a day that noone will log at server Greece and say to Joymax that we want better service (ban gold bots for example).
---No spend silk= No profit for Joymax---
If you have a better idea feel free and share.

WE GET NOTHING DOING NOTHING!!!

(and plz dont start saying things that wont help)

Post subject: Re: Joymax's service and Greece server...
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:54 pm 
Veteran Member

lol

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:55 pm 
Banned User

Whats so funny? If you read the post i said no useless comments

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:57 pm 

People who bot, boy gold, hack and scam brought this game to what it is now, there is no denying it. The only way to fix the game is to stop exploiting Joymax's lack of concern and play it as it was meant to be played, the problem is that won't happen.

As for not logging in on a single day, these forums reach probably 5% of the people on Greece, so I doubt we could pull off something like that, not to mention there's no way in hell I'm skipping a 5 hour premium and grinding 10 hours the next day. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:34 pm 
Banned User

Yes you right. but dont you think that we have to give it a try?

We can arrange that day by globalling in the server. Any guild master etc... I cant do it myself i need some help with that.
Then why you always complain about the situation that in the server and at the end you do nothing for it? I dont mean YOU i mean anyone!!!
Complaining didnt solve any problem till now, did it?

Im waiting to see what Moderators gonna say.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm 

To be honest mods don't care - most don't even play Sro. It's simple fact that this will not work especially with people who don't speak english or those who bot themselves. Why should they care? They'll find suns, buy more gold and have as much fun as they want without the thought of how they are screwing up the game. I do more than you think for the server on the 'war against bots', but that's another topic.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:54 pm 
Banned User

Azilius wrote:
I do more than you think for the server on the 'war against bots', but that's another topic.

Doing that, whatever you do at the war agaist bots, did you see any prove by Joymax till now?
Im sure that at least half the server will join this boycott, and then the other half and then all the server.

Azilius wrote:
To be honest mods don't care - most don't even play Sro.

If mods dont care and especially dont play sro, they dont belong here.

Tell me if im wrong...

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:30 am 
Ex-Staff

Wang_Chung wrote:
Azilius wrote:
I do more than you think for the server on the 'war against bots', but that's another topic.

Doing that, whatever you do at the war agaist bots, did you see any prove by Joymax till now?
Im sure that at least half the server will join this boycott, and then the other half and then all the server.

Your plan, quite frankly, isn't going to work. I doubt you will even manage to get 5% of all the active people on Greece to join in this boycott yet alone 5% of everyone on all the servers. Being a Greece player since it opened up until I quit Greece I know that getting the entire server rallied up to such a cause is near impossible since the major bot guilds are always having conflicts with each other and since 90 cap has come out I doubt people will stop playing for a day when they could very well get ahead on the race to lvl 90. Not to mention this isn't the first form of a protest that SRO players have tried against Joymax as in people have tried boycotting silk, protest marches in game, written petitions, etc. Safe to say these had little to no effect on Joymax and their effort to stop the glaring problems with the game. With that in mind I doubt people will join into this one as well due to past attempts that haven't achieved their intended goal.

Also I can vouch that Azilius has done as much as he could to fix the bot problem in game and, as a result, has pissed off plenty of botting guilds because of his actions.

Quote:
If mods dont care and especially dont play sro, they dont belong here.

Tell me if im wrong...

I'm confident that most of the mods here have been consistently playing SRO for longer than you have, a few have even been playing since beta. We've gone through the SRO ropes, some of us have at one point hit the lvl cap with our characters or are in the process. While some of us may have quit SRO completely, we still care about the community itself and would very much so like to see the problems that plagues SRO be solved. However some of us have been waiting for at least 2 years for that to happen and the problems only seem to get worse over time, especially since every form of protest taking place against Joymax has had little to no effect on the overall situation.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:14 am 
Veteran Member

yo azi nub what lvl you at? im 83 3 gapped 33k sp so far
NOOP

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:04 am 

the_wicked wrote:
yo azi nub what lvl you at? im 83 3 gapped 33k sp so far
NOOP

Soon 83, got myself a 80+5 glaive which PWNS my 76+3, been grinding rockys lol. I'm beating you in SP, haven't really partied much since cap tho..

@OP

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something like this work, but when I think about it practically I can't see it working. There are just to many people to rely on with little ways of letting 'every' player know what's going on, not to mention lack of care by most people.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:37 am 
Banned User

Lol i dont care about gold bots, iam happy enough to pay $50 a month on this game, even if there were no goldbots and no server traffic i would still purchase the prem plus becuase of the stats it gives you.

Your idea won't work not even people from Greece go on this forum, most people who did are now banned.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:52 pm 
Banned User

Manowar wrote:
Your plan, quite frankly, isn't going to work.

maybe, maybe yes!!!

Manowar wrote:

I'm confident that most of the mods here have been consistently playing SRO for longer than you have

Im playing sro from the first week the server opened, with random accounts. Why you think you know more about SRO? Im not asking your opinion im asking your support...
But i think i choose the wrong forum to start. LEGIT MY ASS!!!

>.< wrote:
Your idea won't work not even people from Greece go on this forum, most people who did are now banned.

At least those people care about SRO

BTW you guys talk talk talk and no acts. I can talk for days, even months. I will do it of this could help.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:44 pm 

Wang_Chung wrote:

Im playing sro from the first week the server opened, with random accounts. Why you think you know more about SRO? Im not asking your opinion im asking your support...

Whether or not we choose to support your mediocre idea - it has no relevance to how we play. Take your idea and spread it to whatever forum you like, it will not work.

Wang_Chung wrote:
>.< wrote:

BTW you guys talk talk talk and no acts. I can talk for days, even months. I will do it of this could help.

How did they care about SRO? I got them banned because they botted or bought gold. I think that makes them part of the problem. I'd suggest you think before you speak next time, because we aren't just 'talk talk talk'. If you've been playing so long why did you come to voice the issue now? We're trying to tell you in a nice way that - your plan won't work, so why are you being so hostile?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:57 pm 
Ex-Staff

Wang_Chung wrote:
Im playing sro from the first week the server opened, with random accounts. Why you think you know more about SRO?

I never said that I knew more about SRO however I was establishing that I knew enough about Greece as well as the SRO community in general to give some criticism. In other words, I was trying to establish my ethos in this argument. The reason I brought that point up is because you were attacking our mods ethos when it comes to SRO and I was simply saying that we have plenty of experience with SRO and, although some of us have quit the game completely, we still care about the community itself. However you're not going to get far in your point by attacking someone's ethos since you still need to provide the logos for your claim that we should be in full support of your proposed form of protest.

Quote:
Im not asking your opinion im asking your support...

You should have been more straight forward then because when you say things like "If you have a better idea feel free and share" and "Im waiting to see what Moderators gonna say" imply that you are looking for some form of criticism, the latter quote being from one of the forum staff here. If you wanted a care bear reply instead of some criticism on your plan you should have specified earlier. Face the facts, your proposed solution has plenty of glaring problems with it and I won't support an idea with the amount of problems that yours has. However I would support an idea I find would have a chance of working and hasn't already been tested and failed.

Quote:

In one aspect you are right, because of the forum's stance against botters and the fact there's a huge amount of botters on Greece not to mention the fact that there's plenty of legit players on Greece who don't even use this forum you won't find enough Greece players here to give you enough people to make your form or protest possible. That and the other factors I listed in my last response are reasons why I doubt you will get even 5% of the active Greece players behind this.

On the second part where you make the "legit my ass" comment, be aware that this is probably one of the few if not only major SRO based forum to take a full on stance against botting and to make a forum as legit as it possibly can be. Some of us on the forum are still fighting to maintain the legit style of game playing in their server while others have decided to move to Venus to make the closest thing we can to a legit server since we know we can't wait for Joymax to do anything.

Quote:
>.< wrote:

If those people cared about SRO then why are they contributing to the problem? The people from Greece who were banned here was for either being caught botting, admitting to botting, and for gold buying, which are all various aspects on the huge problems facing this game. If they cared enough about SRO they would either stop what they were doing and reroll legit or quit the game completely.

Quote:

Who says people haven't taken action. Our guild and union (PureEntity) is pretty much one of the last major legit unions left on Greece, especially since the other major unions that were around in Greece during 70 and early 80 cap have either died out, moved servers, or have been merged into other guilds and union. Just because we haven't done any direct form of protesting against Joymax because we find that it's ultimately a waste of time since these problems have been going on for over 2 years and the problems haven't yet been solved by JM, despite various forms of protest caused by players. We found it's a more effective solution to attack the bot problem directly in game instead of trying to do any form of protest. Our members are constantly giving bots max murderer and stripping them of their gear as well as other forms of direct conflict with botters not to mention the fact our guild encourages players to play the legit way.

It would be absolutely ignorant and narrow minded of you to say that as a guild or as the forum itself has taken no action to trying to fix the problems that this game faces because we most certainly have and until you disillusion yourself with your assumptions on "taking action" you won't be able to see how much effort has been put into fixing these problems.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:27 pm 
Banned User

Anyway, im sorry guys for my attack but i thought that i can find some help here. Sorry again :love:

Manowar can you delete that topic plz so i dont want to sound stupid when the others will read it?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:19 pm 
Banned User

1 day w/o sro ?

zomg no wai im superaddicted :(

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:19 pm 

Wang_Chung wrote:
Anyway, im sorry guys for my attack but i thought that i can find some help here. Sorry again :love:

Manowar can you delete that topic plz so i dont want to sound stupid when the others will read it?

It's alright, we understand your concern for the game and I guess we came on a little agressivly too. Hopefully one day a plan like yours could show Joymax the problems in the game..

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:46 am 

Wang_Chung whats is your lv and build?