Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Random questions bugging me
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:30 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Okay I've got a few random questions that might make me seem noob, but I'm definitely not. Been playing since the 80 cap, just came back after a couple year hiatus. Realized there were a few small details I don't know, and I would like some clarity.

1. I keep seeing people using the phrase "NPC it" in the forums...is that referring to just buying a base item from the NPC, or is there some technique I'm unfamiliar with?

2. What is the difference between Universal pills and Special universal pills? I have 4 racks of Specials when I go to the forgotten world, but they just get used up without actually healing anything. Any pills for bleed and dull and all those? It's really annoying when I'm tanking the final boss solo as a wizz :D

3. Off topic, wth does 1337 mean? Probably get joked for not knowing this, but I don't care.

I know there were more questions, but I can't think of em right now. Thanks for the help!

Server - Venice
NephilimXIII - lvl 62 Wiz/Bard - active; grinding, farming
Full SoX Robes and Weapon set all +5 or more and FB!! Self-pimped ftw xD

Post subject: Re: Random questions bugging me
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 am 
Forum God

NephilimXIII wrote:
Okay I've got a few random questions that might make me seem noob, but I'm definitely not. Been playing since the 80 cap, just came back after a couple year hiatus. Realized there were a few small details I don't know, and I would like some clarity.

1. I keep seeing people using the phrase "NPC it" in the forums...is that referring to just buying a base item from the NPC, or is there some technique I'm unfamiliar with?

NPC = Non-playable character. Such as the blacksmith. If people are saying things like, "I'm in npc gear." means they're in the weakest possible gear for whatever level of gear they're wearing.

2. What is the difference between Universal pills and Special universal pills? I have 4 racks of Specials when I go to the forgotten world, but they just get used up without actually healing anything. Any pills for bleed and dull and all those? It's really annoying when I'm tanking the final boss solo as a wizz :D

Uni pills don't cure debuffs, the only cure status effects. Such as fire's burn, ice's freeze/frost bite, etc.

I do believe there are some special pills you can buy to help cure warlock statuses, I just forget the name.

3. Off topic, wth does 1337 mean? Probably get joked for not knowing this, but I don't care.
1337 = Leet. As in pro. As in me.

I know there were more questions, but I can't think of em right now. Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:06 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Tasdik wrote:
NephilimXIII wrote:

NPC = Non-playable character. Such as the blacksmith. If people are saying things like, "I'm in npc gear." means they're in the weakest possible gear for whatever level of gear they're wearing.

Right, I just just saw the phrase like "I would NPC that weapon", and they were referring to some bug where u sell and buy back from an NPC to get some better luck or something. Didn't know if that's what it was referring to.

Uni pills don't cure debuffs, the only cure status effects. Such as fire's burn, ice's freeze/frost bite, etc.

I do believe there are some special pills you can buy to help cure warlock statuses, I just forget the name.

Good to know. It's annoying that they still autopot, even though they don't do anything.

Haha gotcha. Thx! 8)

Server - Venice
NephilimXIII - lvl 62 Wiz/Bard - active; grinding, farming
Full SoX Robes and Weapon set all +5 or more and FB!! Self-pimped ftw xD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:25 am 
Addicted Member

NephilimXIII wrote:
Tasdik wrote:
NephilimXIII wrote:

Right, I just just saw the phrase like "I would NPC that weapon", and they were referring to some bug where u sell and buy back from an NPC to get some better luck or something. Didn't know if that's what it was referring to.
it doesn't give better luck when Npc then bought back , Npc can also mean that you sell your ( drops , tablets , stones ,alvhemy materials , etc ) like you say : i Npc Tablets

Good to know. It's annoying that they still autopot, even though they don't do anything.
yeah,i have to remove pills from autopot everytime when i enter forgotten world ( you can always put the special pills at it's place or put them at the quick slot (

i thought it meant thanks , lol

Haha gotcha. Thx! 8)

what does gay mean ( is it like guy ) ?
and what does jaja mean ( used to know it but totally forgot the meaning ) ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:29 am 
Forum God

The Invisible wrote:
what does gay mean ( is it like guy ) ?
and what does jaja mean ( used to know it but totally forgot the meaning ) ?

You're serious? Erhm...

Gay = homosexual. Usually used to describe something that is lame.

Example: "My pots didn't go off, that's gay."

Jaja = Haha.

o_O

Oh and when players are like "NPC that weapon/gear/blah blah", usually means the item is incredibly sucky.

Either that, or they're joking and suggesting that you should npc you're kick ass weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:39 pm 
Ex-Staff

*Grammar nazi mode on*

Tasdik wrote:
Either that, or they're joking and suggesting that you should npc your kick ass weapon.

*Grammar nazi mode off*

:love:

Don't have much to add to the answers though. Well the pills that cure warlock/force/chain stats are called purification pills and higher degrees are pretty damn expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:09 pm 
Forum God

Fack gramma nazi's madre!

*even knew that was wrong, but was far to lazy to fix it*

;)