Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Now it's 3 Q's =)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:27 pm 
Casual Member

1. Grinding up to lvl 90, i planned my char. with a 4 gap to leave until lvl. 90 but it's going way too slow, so I thought to do some quests but it would ruin my SP rate, right? So are there any other ways?

2. Avatar, if I buy them from someone, and he already put blue stat on them, can I change them?

3. Magic stones, is the principle same as by elixir. If I e.g. have 4 MAGIC STONES OF INTELLIGENCE, I successfully put 3 of them, and if the 4th fails do all disappear, and what's the worst that could happen if it don't success?

Post subject: Re: Now it's 3 Q's =)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:40 pm 
Ex-Staff

BokiLT wrote:
1. Grinding up to lvl 90, i planned my char. with a 4 gap to leave until lvl. 90 but it's going way too slow, so I thought to do some quests but it would ruin my SP rate, right? So are there any other ways?

2. Avatar, if I buy them from someone, and he already put blue stat on them, can I change them?

3. Magic stones, is the principle same as by elixir. If I e.g. have 4 MAGIC STONES OF INTELLIGENCE, I successfully put 3 of them, and if the 4th fails do all disappear, and what's the worst that could happen if it don't success?

1. It really depends on the reward, if the reward is about the same as you would get while grinding then by all means do them. If you get like 1mil exp and 4sp then don't do it because you would get much more sp when you grind that 1mil exp.

2. No you won't be able to change the blues.

3. Alchemy stones are not the same as elixers =p When you put a stone on an item one of three things happen. It succeeds and changes the stat to a different value (can be higher or lower), it succeeds but the stat does not change (like 41% -> 41%) or it fails. So when you have 4 int stones it does not go like 1 int, 2 int, 3 int etc. You could get 4 int on the first stone and change that to 2 int with the second stone assuming they both succeed. When a stone fails nothing happens, it's just a waste of money of tabs/elements then.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:00 pm 
Addicted Member

3- The worst that could happen is that the stat changes (gets reduced) and the attribute assimilation on the stone reduces another stat . (if you don't know what is attribute assimilation just ask) .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:59 pm 
Casual Member

The Invisible wrote:
3- The worst that could happen is that the stat changes (gets reduced) and the attribute assimilation on the stone reduces another stat . (if you don't know what is attribute assimilation just ask) .

Heard of x times, and can see it on the bottom of every magic stone, there are alchemy guides that explain what attribute assimilation is, but you can give me a short briefing, :)

and thanks to both of you

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:45 pm 
Addicted Member

When a stone fails : The stat that the stone is meant to change doesn't get changed , attribute assimilation has no effect .

When a stone succeeds : all what XMoshe said + attribute assimilation has an effect .

Attribute assimilation : it is a random % given to the stone when it is made (when you put elements and tablets) ,
it ranges between 0% and 35% ,
when a stone succeeds it changes a stat ( if it meets the % ) other than the stat it says it will change on the stone ( higher or lower ) .

Last edited by The Invisible on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:57 pm 
Ex-Staff

The Invisible wrote:
When a stone fails : The stat that the stone is meant to change doesn't get changed , attribute assimilation has no effect .

When a stone succeeds : all what XMoshe said + attribute assimilation has an effect .

Attribute assimilation : it is a random % given to the stone when it is made (when you put elements and tablets) ,
it ranges between 0% and 35% ,
when a stone succeeds it changes a stat if it meets the % other than the stat it says it will change on the stone ( higher or lower ) .

When making stones you can only get 10/20/30% stones, 5% and 35% stones are obtained by destroying items (together with the regular 10/20/30% stones ofcourse). And 0% stones are found while grinding.

As he ^ said when a stone succeeds there is a chance that it will change another stat from the item on top of the stat you used the stone for (it is even possible if the stone changes the designated stat from like 20% to 20%).

Assimilation can be either way, so the stat can go up and down although it is usually down. There are even cases of double assimilations from one stone (I had one myself, dont have the proof anymore so it's up to you to believe it or not).
I wouldn't go too much on the % shown on a stone unless it's 0%. The stat assimilates when it wants to assimilate, doesn't matter what kind of stone you use.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:48 pm 
Casual Member

So in other words, the best stones are with the 0% assimilation, you won't get the stats higher but neither get screwed up. Thanks a lot to you both.

And not to open a new thread for one quick question... The slave watchers are a huge problem for players with a lesser lvl. so usually 2 spawns at one place, and you kill them, they keep re-spawning, so how can you kill them once and for all at a specific place?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:32 pm 
Ex-Staff

BokiLT wrote:
So in other words, the best stones are with the 0% assimilation, you won't get the stats higher but neither get screwed up. Thanks a lot to you both.

No, the 0% assimilation only goes for assimilating stats, not for the stat the stone is intended for. So a 0% int stone can either fail, change the int from a % to the same % or change the % to a higher or lower % without the chance of changing a different stat than the int stat.

And not to open a new thread for one quick question... The slave watchers are a huge problem for players with a lesser lvl. so usually 2 spawns at one place, and you kill them, they keep re-spawning, so how can you kill them once and for all at a specific place?
Don't think you can. You should just avoid them untill you are high enough lvl.

Thanks