Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: only armour and glaives
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:31 pm 
Banned User

I am garment and blade and I always get dropped armour and glaives.

I heard that that is cuz I choose when I start with this game for armour and glaive.

is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:48 pm 
Ex-Staff

No, I don't think the drops you get are determined by what you had when you created your character. They should be random.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:49 pm 
Loyal Member

While I can't generalize anything or form any theory with only my exprience, I've been getting a lot of spears and female cloths; I'm a glaiver and I wear protectors. I've heard that the game was designed this way to promote more trading betweent the players. Also, someone said bow user don't see a lot of arrows drops. I get bags and bags of them every trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:02 pm 
Ex-Staff

Anh_Hung_Rom wrote:
I've heard that the game was designed this way to promote more trading betweent the players.

That's interesting. I never thought about it that way. Perhaps a male char may have more of a tendency to get female drops, but I haven't noticed any largely significant evidence from my playing.

Anh_Hung_Rom wrote:
Also, someone said bow user don't see a lot of arrows drops. I get bags and bags of them every trip.

Maybe it's because all the bowmen use up the arrows rather quickly. Meanwhile, those who don't use bow just seem to get more because all the arrows are there at the end of a grinding session.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:09 pm 
Banned User

I have also a bow account and a blade account, on the blade account I get very much arrow drops and with the bow sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:11 pm 
Valued Member

i have been getting a lot of female garments lately. and bows of course. even the little armor that i get, its female armor. im forced to either buy from NPC or from stalls. i never get any good drops. except some shields. im a glaive user too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:22 pm 
Loyal Member

Sin wrote:
Anh_Hung_Rom wrote:
Also, someone said bow user don't see a lot of arrows drops. I get bags and bags of them every trip.

Maybe it's because all the bowmen use up the arrows rather quickly. Meanwhile, those who don't use bow just seem to get more because all the arrows are there at the end of a grinding session.

this was tested, and you do actually get less, not just use them more