Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stuck on Level 31 in Downhang.. CTF Questions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi I am a player on the Neptune server, I made this character several years ago, and loved the 1st area of the game. Once I got to Downhang it seemed like the Quests were ridiculously long and grinding and I haven't been able to complete many and seem like I am stuck at level 31 not being able to gain exp/level up anymore. The quests seem a tad ridiculous, like killing 500 death flowers and getting 150 scorpion poisons.. am I missing something?

I am a glavie fire/lightning user, basically DPS build, have probably the best in game gear for my level, you could not buy stuff online/on store when I last played as that stuff did not exist. I love this game and I think the system is awesome but I just seem to be lost in Downhang unsure of what to do. I do not have a guild or any friends, as there were no American servers when I made the character it seems like there aren't many english speaking players on this server, and seems to be a lot of bots spamming, etc. If anyone can help me please let me know!

I also tried CTF and was pretty disappointed, it was me and one other guy in a room with a bunch of level 45 birds that we couldn't kill. I did not see anyone else or the other team... what the heck is the point of that mode lol?!

Post subject: Re: Stuck on Level 31 in Downhang.. CTF Questions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm 
Veteran Member

You think it's bad now? It only gets worse. Grinding for 3 hours for 2%, die and lose it all. Or pass 100 when it's about grinding for 12 hours for 1%. Rofl-cakes. Quests become more important since the exp you get from it can save days in terms of grinding. Some quests take awhile, such as kill 1500 monsters or collect 300 items. Some are simple delivery or collect 10 items. I say look for quests that are easy and abanadon the long and hard ones.

Keep in mind though, shit will only get harder. You lose 2% upon death until you are pass lvl 7x.

Oh and CTF is bugged, JM never bothered fixing it. At low lvl when there are not many ppl joining CTF, it will often stick you with higher lvls. Hence you got stuck with 45 birds.

CTF USE to be good back when there was a safe room to prevent spawncamping. Now it sucks balls.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Damn doesn't sound too fun. Someone told me to do SRO-R for EXP, wasn't sure what he meant. I didn't mind the solo griding/questing in Jangan, it always seemed like there were actual players around to group up with and stuff back on that island. There is like nobody in Downhang, back years ago when I first played and still today. Should I try doing more Thieving? I didn't realize there were people as high as 100+, crazy. I just wanted a break from SWTOR and always liked this game.. just wish it moved a little quicker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:41 pm 
Addicted Member

Try going to Sro-R since you aren't that high anyway.

You can find way more lower levels there since those servers are only ~ 2 months old, also the fire/light/ice are all under the same mastery there, so you can get the three of them plus a weapon tree.

It is a bit easier to level up there with the improved quests.

One more thing you can get 1-8D sox for tokens that drop from mobs (which basically won't cost you anything).

1 more advice, don't care about reaching the max level, because it takes so much time that it isn't worth it, just play to have fun :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:01 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Thanks, downloading now. Will be fun to run through some stuff like old days. And good to know that my old character seemingly will always be available.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 am 
Elite Member

The quest is only 500 flowers now? It used to be 1000. :sohappy:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:26 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Well I checked out SROR and I am pleased to say it's rolling along quite quickly so thanks for the advice I would have never realized they re-released, but I guess it had to be done due to botters and farmers and the awesome gold spammers. I figured out all the little changes I think, just the question if there is absolutely no gold necessary? And I'd assume it's safe to trash a lot of the drops you used to be able to sell for gold.. unless something changes after a certain level as I am only 15 right now, same Glavie build as prior, and loving the ease to weapons and gear and the new Monk Token system :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:47 pm 
Addicted Member

You won't need a single gold piece till you hit 70, after level 70 mobs will start to give drops and gold and you will need to pay for teleports and potions.

Btw don't forget to go to the forgotten world once you reach 35, The mini-uniques there drop faded beads (Sp Scrolls).

Sanktum wrote:
The quest is only 500 flowers now? It used to be 1000. :sohappy:

They are like 125 flowers at Sro-R =)