Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: How different is this game with the new rebirth server?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:58 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Let me start off by apologizing in advance for making a topic I'm sure you have all already seen 100x times now but I need to know if I can actually stand playing this game before I bother to download it. Hopefully the responses to the questions below will help me determine that.

-Do I "need" to grind at bandits with an sox bow for 2 months in order to be on par with everyone else near my level?

-Is this server run by bots or real people?

-Does Joymax seem to give a crap about this game?

Silk always had what I was looking for in a game except for that god awful skill farming grind at such a low level and the endless amount of bots. If any of that has changed I will be oh so happy.

Also any updated guides/advice for anything after the rebirth patch would be most helpfull! thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: How different is this game with the new rebirth server?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 am 
Addicted Member

You talking about Sro-R or a private server?

For Sro-R:

*- You won't have to worry about Sp that much, Each forgotten world unique can drop up to 5 faded beads (which are basically sp scrolls).
- Also there is a daily mission, that gives a few hundreds or thousands (depends on your level) of skill points daily, it works from level 41 to level 100.

If you got no idea what forgotten world is:
Spoiler!

*- From level 1-70 you get free sos equipment and monsters drop tokens instead of gold which can be used to buy Sun, you also get free potions/ arrows and free repairs~
when you are more than 70, it is like normal.

*- You might notice a yellow bar once you log in under your character, it is a limitation of how much you can get grind daily.

The exp bar resets at 00:00 Joymax time (GMT+9 or something)
Spoiler!

Here, have this, Not much of an updated guide but it is the only one i found.

Mostly bots but you can find a few legit guilds if you look hard enough, but yeah don't expect to see many, there used to be a legit union on Thebes but most went in-active.

Also Gold bots= No
Player bots= a lot.

Gold bots now sell silk items at Hotan or something.