Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Merits of Armor for Str Chars...?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:52 pm 
Casual Member

Now that's a bit counterintuitive... when i scope the forums people say it's best for Str chars to deck themselves out in garments wheras Int Chars should only do Armor or Protector if the mana penalty is too steep...

So apparently the demand for armor isnt all that high? Warriors dont find it attractive as they already have decent enough physical resistance, and Int-heavy people usually dont need armor if they one-shot everything that comes near.... so is there ANY saving grace for armor on a Warrior?

Asthetically speaking that's kinda frustrating as well, seeing how the male armor looks awesome for the most part, and my Int-heavy spear girl looks like she'd do nicely in those garments (going to war in a gown? o_O) but i have a feeling she'll probably need at least Protector since she's a hybrid...

So... yeah. Is it a must for the reversal? Should warriors bust out with taoist robes and magi wade in with combat armor or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:11 am 
Loyal Member

Nothing is a must in this game. My pure int nuker weaks a missmatch of armor and protector for the physical def. No matter how many mobs I can 1-hit there will always be one that agroes me from behind. Also, as much as pure STR are in garment they sometimes do weak armor.

For example, if you are planning on leveling in the saves I would think it would greatly behoov you to wear armor as those mobs hit hard and agro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:58 am 

look, it all depends on what do u wanna fight and what potions ur gonna waste less, lemme give u an example-
a pure str character using armor will be totally destroyed by monsters who do mag. damage (ie. taoists) especially if they're agressive, so the pure str character goes to fight hyeongcheons, that is absolutely ok, you'll waste ALOT of mp pots but you'll barely waste any hp pots.....BUT
you'll move alot slower than a similar dude in garment, and the faster u are, the faster u grind, that's why ppl prefer garments, they have the speed bonus, they already have decent phy. defence, and now they'll be able to fight both hyeongcheons and taoists without taking massive dmg

but when DO you use armor after all?
i'd use armor if i'm gonna PvP against another str character, i'll barely take any dmg, and, to make up for the enormous mana loss, try to get ur armor items with big int increases