Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Armour/Garment/Protector
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:05 pm 

i need some advice.
im a pure intel [altho lvl 2-5 i pumped stre, so tat makes me 12 stre more than pure intel] cold sword, with lightning buffs, getting 17 force to res ppl ^^. and some bow for the attack rating passive.
currently sp farming with 6 lvl gap. lvl 21. slow lvling. its a drag =/. ah well ill prolly sp farm when i restart character with SOM lvl 16 spear/sword =D=D=D. and lvl 8 sos Sword/spear =D.
currently i have 1k sp with buffs and stuff maxed to lvl 15 mastery.
i have about 76 defence and wearing pure garment.
im jus wondering, wad would be the best armour for me now?
cuz i dun really see ppl my lvl wearing garment :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:17 pm 
Casual Member

As a "mostly" INT spear myself, I find Armor does quite well but I'm lvl 42. I used protector until around lvl 32, the armor from there. As an INT your mag defense is high enough to not worry about magic damage dealing monsters. The physical defense from Armor allows you to tank somewhat if you get into a pickle. That's my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:26 pm 
Loyal Member

I am a pure INT and I had never switched to armor. If I had ever gotten to training in the caves I would have had to invest in some armor.. but since I know how to play right I just played with garment. Garment is harder at first because of your weaker nukes.. but once you get to around 4x then you should be fine. You are supposed to be training on mobs you can 1-hit anyways.. so if they cant hit you the extra phy def doesnt matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:28 pm 

woot same topic again! :D

if i were you i would get a full sosun set of each and try them all :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:29 pm 
Casual Member

antix wrote:
I am a pure INT and I had never switched to armor. If I had ever gotten to training in the caves I would have had to invest in some armor.. but since I know how to play right I just played with garment. Garment is harder at first because of your weaker nukes.. but once you get to around 4x then you should be fine. You are supposed to be training on mobs you can 1-hit anyways.. so if they cant hit you the extra phy def doesnt matter.

Let me reiterate my point. I happen to know how to play too, incase your comment needed my justification. I've found that at times when I'm killing Giants, I'll have a few of the regular MOBs sneak up and aggro as well. The armor has kept me alive on ALL of these occasions. As an INT your magic defense is high enough that you could get away with wearing items with more physical defense and still be fine if you went toe to toe with a magic dealing MOB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:53 pm 
Banned User

I am pure str and garment.