Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Action Delay
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:52 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Is SRO Server Based movement or Client based movement, because when i press Forward or Click to move, there is at least 1 full second of waiting before my character actually follows my instructions, is there a way for this to be fixed or should i just not bother with SRO as i am from Australia :?:

Post subject: Re: Action Delay
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:58 pm 
Banned User

Chunkykong wrote:
Is SRO Server Based movement or Client based movement, because when i press Forward or Click to move, there is at least 1 full second of waiting before my character actually follows my instructions, is there a way for this to be fixed or should i just not bother with SRO as i am from Australia :?:

Position of the Chars is server based. How would you else know the position of the other chars? And the problem you have is LAG. Welcome to the world of MMO's... wait, you want a solution? Deal with it :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 pm 
Forum God

xzaz wrote:
Chunkykong wrote:

Position of the Chars is server based. How would you else know the position of the other chars? And the problem you have is LAG. Welcome to the world of MMO's... wait, you want a solution? Deal with it :)

Then I guess everyone is having lags, cuz I got the same.
It is something buggy about the character movement when you are using the keyboard, click your way forward with your mouse instead.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:43 pm 

ofy1993 wrote:
@ Hej this is something in Silkroad.

In the time I played Dragonica, I never faced any lag. The same minisecond I would press up, the same minisecond it would jump.

But on Silkroad, no matter how good your PC is, how good your connection is, you will always have some sort of mini delay. I guess Silkroad's coding is really old.

lawl, comparing dragonica with silkroad -.-"
Silkroad has much more textures that need loading & and also lots of players/mobs that need loading. Dragonica has simplistic graphics & is a "sideways" game & silkroad is a 3d game.
Comparing Silkroad to a game like Aion would be ok.

Silkroad lags from time to time for me, it's weird. In jobwars with 20 people who are attacking non-stop; no lag. And at other times it lags in the most deserted places. Sometimes a simple relog (if u have premium) fixes the lag.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:32 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

as for the first response, oh how wrong you are, as for the others, its good to see im not the only one having trouble with this game alone, yes i have played well over 50 MMO's and this is the first that has server based movement, meaning u send in put to server, server confirms, servers moves ur character, servers tells you where character is... TERRIBLE system imo. I much preffer client based, Computer moves characters, computer tells server where character now is. Silk Road needs to L2 Client Based xD... it'd be a fantastic game if it did.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:38 am 

This has been happening a lot to me, too. And I just got a new router not to long ago. :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:53 pm 
Elite Member

The same happened to me about 2 years ago.
The char reacted after 5 seconds.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:40 am 

I'm fairly sure it's server lag. I've been having this little delay for about 1-2 weeks now. [GM]Gargelmilk must be watchin lots of p*rn. :banghead: