Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: strange Error installing silkroad online "v1_225"
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hello, I fixed the error however, I am posting this for others that might encounter the same error I had it is quite strange the error is this.

Quote:
"Hello, I tried everything said in the Q/A Area, before I asked here what to do, I can not seem to install the latest version of Silk Road as I just got a laptop with windows vista. it gives me a strange error i screenshotted. also I tried running as Administrator and Several other methods.

Patch: SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_225

Screenshot is attached at bottom, I hope to get some Help on this. also i tried a version i had on a cd and it says i need the full version downloaded on your site. witch i already had downloaded the older version i got is the following

SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_210

and that one let me download but not play without the latest, hope someone could help with this problem..."

The problem was that the Silkroad Zip format I downloaded from filefront official zipped format was Damaged or Corrupted, and it kept giving that error, however when i did the Auto installer, it worked like a charm and didn't screw up, easy fix but strange error, hope that helps any future people that might of encountered that error.

NOTE: that was that update it said can be used after, so how can i use that after i do the update when that is the update and it wont let me apply the update lol, that is what makes it kind of strange, it is a conundrum in itself.

Also silk road couldn't make heads or tails out of it when they replied to me several times, they sent it to just about every department on there website and no one could figure it out then they started telling me that i was pranking them or w/e so i took it upon myself to try an fix, wasn't hard but was something i didn't think of at the time... so that is why i am posting it here so no one else hopefully has to go threw all that non sense just to play a game.

never assume always know if you assume you will fail in life if you know you will succeed.