Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can't run installiation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:53 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Heyy guys, so i have one problem, when i want to install sro i get this error. I run now win 7 OS, i had sro on these windows before, it runned perfectly. I downloaded sro client 3 times now. I hope that u will help me, cuz after a long break i want to come back ant play again silkroad.
Thnx!!! ;]

Attachments:
sro error.jpg
sro error.jpg [ 19.19 KiB | Viewed 2825 times ]

Post subject: Re: Can't run installiation
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:54 pm 
Valued Member

Try running it in MS-DOS
Quote:
To execute or run a file from MS-DOS you must run an executable file, which are .exe, .bat, or .com files. If you are uncertain with what files in the current directory using the dir command can list all files in the current directory. If you only wish to view executable files you can type the below command at the MS-DOS prompt to list .exe files, or replace .exe with .bat or .com to see those files in the current directory.

dir *.exe

Once you have determined the name of the executable file you wish to run, type the name of the executable file at the MS-DOS prompt. For example, if the file were game.exe you would type "game" at the MS-DOS prompt.

If you do not see the file you wish to execute or are receiving an error such as "bad command or file name" it is likely that the file you're attempting to execute is not in the directory you're currently in. Move to the directory of the executable file and attempt to execute the command again. For example, lets assume you downloaded the executable file game.exe and it is on the Windows XP desktop. Using the cd command you can switch to the desktop directory by typing a command similar to the below example.

cd\docume~1\hope\desktop

or in some cases if you're already in the username directory of documents and settings you can simply type the below command.

cd desktop

Finally, it is important to realize that when running an executable file from a MS-DOS shell (running MS-DOS within windows) that the program will still use Windows to run. If you wish to run any other file types you can use the MS-DOS start command and type: "start name_of_file" where name_of_file is the files name.

Post subject: Re: Can't run installiation
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 am 

DaggerMAte wrote:
Try running it in MS-DOS
Quote:
To execute or run a file from MS-DOS you must run an executable file, which are .exe, .bat, or .com files. If you are uncertain with what files in the current directory using the dir command can list all files in the current directory. If you only wish to view executable files you can type the below command at the MS-DOS prompt to list .exe files, or replace .exe with .bat or .com to see those files in the current directory.

dir *.exe

Once you have determined the name of the executable file you wish to run, type the name of the executable file at the MS-DOS prompt. For example, if the file were game.exe you would type "game" at the MS-DOS prompt.

If you do not see the file you wish to execute or are receiving an error such as "bad command or file name" it is likely that the file you're attempting to execute is not in the directory you're currently in. Move to the directory of the executable file and attempt to execute the command again. For example, lets assume you downloaded the executable file game.exe and it is on the Windows XP desktop. Using the cd command you can switch to the desktop directory by typing a command similar to the below example.

cd\docume~1\hope\desktop

or in some cases if you're already in the username directory of documents and settings you can simply type the below command.

cd desktop

Finally, it is important to realize that when running an executable file from a MS-DOS shell (running MS-DOS within windows) that the program will still use Windows to run. If you wish to run any other file types you can use the MS-DOS start command and type: "start name_of_file" where name_of_file is the files name.

or perhaps as administrator