Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Broken Laptop Screen, Now Wont Load External Monitor
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:20 pm 
Frequent Member

I have been using a gaming laptop, that sadly has a smashed screen which means ive had to hook up an external lcd monitor to be able to see what im doing, basically the other day i found a nasty trojan on my laptop which i had to clear, and ended up having to remove all programs from startup to identify which program was causing some errors i was getting from windows explorer.exe, i fixed this error ad all was fine, however i then ran msconfig and selected all non microsoft prorams to 'not' run at windows startup as this was another way of ensuring i had got rid of the trojan, i clicked restart and since then i havent been able to get my external screen to load as it usually would when i turn my laptop on. Im assuming i have by accident closed a program that would identify the monitor and run it like normal. Now, i can still use the laptop, but with 100% screen visability gone, its impossible to do anything.

I have tried running windows in safe modee using F8, and also tried loading windows with the monitor connected and then hitting F+F3, or F4 etc but i still cant seem to get the monitor to view windows :(

Has anybody got a solution? ive searched google like mad for a fix, and nothing is helping. Is there any way to link to laptops together, and use that screen, or somehow edit files on the faulty laptop via a working laptop?

The most annoying thing is that i have veriface login 'i dont even use it' and would normal hit x to exit it, then login with a password, but not i cant see the veriface window to click exit i cant even guess work to login :(

Build 120% Pure Int S/S + Pure Force and 100% sun whore lol

PServer: Salvation - Active
IGN: Hideoki / SuddenDeath - BigInJapan
Build: Full Int Light/Cold/Bich level 70

Post subject: Re: Broken Laptop Screen, Now Wont Load External Monitor
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:33 pm 
Addicted Member

Try asking a computer programmer or expert that can fix it manually .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 pm 

I will Assume you have vista or win7. Insert the install disk and boot off it. It will ask if you want to install. Don't click install. There will be a link saying "Repair my computer." this should give you the tools to fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:16 pm 
Frequent Member

yeah i have win 7, and i was considering doing this. but with my laptop screen smashed, wouldnt i need to be able to see things on screen? or would inserting the cd for a fresh insall of windows reset any changes i have made for displaying on an external monitor?

Build 120% Pure Int S/S + Pure Force and 100% sun whore lol

PServer: Salvation - Active
IGN: Hideoki / SuddenDeath - BigInJapan
Build: Full Int Light/Cold/Bich level 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:48 am 

Hideoki wrote:
yeah i have win 7, and i was considering doing this. but with my laptop screen smashed, wouldnt i need to be able to see things on screen? or would inserting the cd for a fresh insall of windows reset any changes i have made for displaying on an external monitor?

When you boot off the CD it should detect that you are using an external device.