Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Game zoomed in?
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:13 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hello. I am playing on my 47" tv. When I start sro I change the res to 1920x1080 and launch.The entire screen is zoomed in... Imagine the screen cut in 4 parts like a + sign, I can only see the top left corner. I can barely see the first few letters in the server select and when I pick a server and get on I cant see the connect button because its on the bottom right... I've tried changing the res to different ones and it still wont work.

Post subject: Re: Game zoomed in?
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 pm 
Addicted Member

Is it always like this ? from when ?

I know what you mean and it happened for me a few times when i open another game that changes resolution on the whole pc .

Anyway , if i am already logged in , i will simply change the resolution (any resolution that is different from your current one will do) .

If i get stuck at the loggin screen , i will press Alt + tap , then choose desktop .
Then press start --> Change account ( that button near the start button that opens the accounts screen, that blue one ) .
Then at that screen , choose the account you were already logged in and you should find that you can see ~ 75% of sro screen , log in , choose a character then change the screen resolution .

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 am 
Casual Member

Try to change the resolution of your TV. I mean from 16:9 to 4:3 or so.

Just and idea

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:20 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I stopped using the shortcut and started using the silkroad.exe in the folder and it worked. Strange I know considering thats where the shortcut goes. I changed the game res at the start menu before it even launched the game, the patcher. Oh well. It works now suddenly. I just installed the game btw so i was on all default settings. Now I made a new char in azteca and im already getting mad. I keep getting pwnt by the slave watchers.... I wait for someone to run out and i follow them but bam, I still get nailed. I dont understand why sro just cant have a report button like other games... or a random question that pops up every hour or so of grinding...

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:35 pm 
Addicted Member

Joymax can fix that slave watchers "glitch" really quick if they decide to do it , can't really find a point of keeping them (for whoever that summons them) as there aren't many goldbots anymore anyway , any fix can do , like keeping them at Roc mountain only and makes them unable to summon anywhere else .

It can be frustrating for new players and they can even rage quit .

Why sro can't have a report button like other games ?

Can they , yes they can .

Would they , no they wouldn't .

It is a lot of work for Gms to cover +45 servers and joymax doesn't want to pay for Gms that actually do anything "ingame" .

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:58 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

So many servers... I don't know which to take. I want a server with a decent amount of people... I'm on Azteca now and there are like, hardly any stalls anywhere... Anyone able to recommend a server with a good established economy and not full of retarted drama?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:57 am 
Addicted Member

Ever heard of the consigment system ?

That's why there are almost no stallers .

Look at hotan / jangan / constantipole , you will find a new Npc called consigment , go to him and you can look at everything anyone stalled in the server , like the old stall network but this consigment is server wide not city wide .

Items that you put in consigment can stay there ~ 2.5 days and don't require you to be online for the items to stay there .

You can register up to 10 items per account (not character) , Registered items that cost less than 1 million won't need a fee to be paid for it to be registered in consigment .

Any +1 million item you register will cost you 1% of the total item price Before it gets sold and if you take the item out of consigment before it gets sold , you won't recieve your 1% that you paid back and another 1% after the item gets sold .

So in total 2% , 1% before selling and 1% after selling .

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:50 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Ya, I checked it out. There is hardly anything in azteca cosignment though. I didn't see the first sos staff until 6d...

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:14 pm 
Addicted Member

Azteca is considered a new server , so not that many items nor gold there yet , atleast not insane amounts of gold .