Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: textures half working?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:31 pm 
Casual Member

elo, was looking aroun dgoogle for a SRO site that could possibly help me, and this place seems pretty good.... XD

after scanning through the threads already in this section, i havent found anyone else with this error. i've only seen one other reference to this error, and there were no replies to it (a different site).

what happens is, half of the skins on monsters/characters/even trees will load. for example, my character is completely turqoise (seems to be the default background colour), except for the lower cloth hanging part on the back (garment, female) and the bow. the odd thing is, MOST of the map is fully textured, except certain large trees (some trees load up perfectly fine... some just dont). also, most monsters i'm fighting (weasels and the big eye ones?) do not have skins at all, and are completely blue. others, like the mangyangs or whatever they're called, only show up HALF their skins when they die, but are completely blue when they're alive. i also see HALF the horse skinned (front end, back end's just blue...), and certain armor sets can be seen.

the next odd part about this is, in my character screen, i can see the armor perfectly, with no errors to the avatar either. same thing applies to the character creation screen, fully skinned characters, no errors whatsoever. upon exitting the creation screen, the SELECTION screen already has the bug, and the only thing i see is some armor (protetor/armor set, bottom portion of the garment top, bow, glave) and weaponry. although some avatar characteristics DO show up ingame, ie. some hair and the glasses on the female, and again some armor sets.

anyone else have this problem, or a possible solution for a fix?
btw, specs are

Win 2000
3.2ghz HT P4
512mb RAM
160gb HD
256mb MSI FX 5500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:10 am 
Frequent Member

Get the very latest drivers available from http://www.nvidia.com for your graphics card. Install, reboot the system, and then check for improvements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:14 am 
Casual Member

out of curiosity, do i use the general GeForce & TNT2 driver? i dont feel like messing my system up, so sorry for the excessive questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:43 am 
Frequent Member

That's right. :) It's like a bundle pack, but it'll automatically detect your specific model and install the correct drivers for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:18 am 
Casual Member

alright, thank you for your help!