Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: ??????? Error After Legend 3 Update
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:53 pm 
Advanced Member

After downloading and installing the Legend 3 update, I opened the game, and loaded the client. I selected my char and waited for the loading to finish, but then the game crashed with the ???? Error. I tried again and the same happened, game crashed with ????? Error. I kept trying over and over but it kept crashing. I eventually got in after 6 or 7 tries, but DCed about 30minutes later, and had to deal with this same ????? problem.

This is a video on what is happening to me:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=X7s_dkVy0bs
Im not sure whether I have the same problem as her, because she had this problem with Legend 2.

The only thing that I can think of that could have caused this problem it that while trying to download the Legend 3 update, i came across this error:

It turns out all i had to do was wait a few hours for some reason, however before knowing this I regretably altered a few settings that could be causing this ????? Error. I followed these instructions that were given to someone else that was having the same problem as me:

"Go to Start, then click the "Run" button. Type "notepad" (without quotes). Then click File > Open, and go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc. Where it says "Files of type: Text Documents (*.txt)" change it to "All Files". Click on the file that says "hosts", and open it. Hit Ctrl+A and hit Delete. Then highlight the following:
127.0.0.1 localhost
121.128.133.26 gwgt1.joymax.co.kr
121.128.133.26 gwgt1.joymax.com
121.128.133.27 gwgt2.joymax.co.kr
121.128.133.27 gwgt2.joymax.com
64.152.34.142 joymaxnpro.nefficient.com
121.128.133.12 silkroadonline.net

and hit Ctrl+C. Then go back to notepad, and hit Ctrl+V. Save the file, and exit. See if Silkroad works."

Could this change have caused the ????? Error? Because now it takes hours to log into SRO, even though I have a Premium, because the client crashes atleast 6 or 7 times before I can play properley, and then if I DC, I have to go through the same process.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or only me? And if anyone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Retired from SRO

Post subject: Re: ??????? Error After Legend 3 Update
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:51 am 
Loyal Member

i have the same problem.... :cry: