Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Your client is damaged or corrupt
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:34 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

ive downloaded from filefront, fileshack, torrent and the official server, ive installed and updated the game, but once i click the start button, gamegaurd opens as usual, goes away, then about a second after the SRO logo comes on with the random picture, this error comes up, i have all the current updates from windows update, and meet all min specs. Has anyone else come across this problem? ive read alot of posts saying they see this error before they even install the game. this is mind boggling

Post subject: Re: Your client is damaged or corrupt
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 pm 
Ex-Staff

do you have anything else that goes with the client... delete everything that has to do with silkroad other then the client and start again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:29 am 
Banned User

cpinney wrote:
do you have anything else that goes with the client... delete everything that has to do with silkroad other then the client and start again.

I have the same problem on my brothers computer which has just been reformatted and has nothing to do with silkroad on it and i still get that error, No its not the anti-virus or the firewall either.

You should try to download the client through uTorrent and see if that works.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:19 pm 
Ex-Staff

it seems when people re format they are getting this error or other errors after a reformat very weird. :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:40 pm 
Banned User

Well i didnt get it on my computer and i reformatted at the same time as my brother, only his computer was effected.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:24 am 
Ex-Staff

so odd, i unfortunately dont have a solution for this one :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

well, i have some good news, i got it working a few days later, then it had that error again, so i took another few days to figure out how i got it working agai. First off, i think the best client out there is from http://www.download.com, it is the only client that ever worked for me so far. the first thing i did was read all the posts regarding this issue and every other issue regarding instalatoin and start problems, did all the solving that they had recommended to the posters about their issues.

Here's whut worked for me....

Install the client and expect it to crash, i dunno why, but it has to be previosly installed on the comp, maybe it puts a dll file somewhere that doesnt get uninstalled or modified while the rest of the program files do,~ then restart and press f8 or del, whutever ur comp uses to enter safe mode, press the start button and goto "Search" its under help and support and above "Run..." on a default setting version of XP home, and search for anything "Silkroad" on ur entire system. Delete everything EXCEPT for the client installer, then reboot as normal, run the client installer and it should work. Its worked for me twice already

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:49 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

well, it happened again, and this time nothing could fix it. SO i downgraded windows with my old copy of windows, its not SP2 compatible. and i tried to make the game run as unstable as it could, tried to crash it by opening and using other programs, making sure to get the BSOD everytime. I managed to get severe problems with my computer, changing the reg and whutnot, but SRO runs fine everytime. Personaly, i think SRO has a problem with Windows XPSP2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:46 am 
Ex-Staff

i dont think its SP2 sense most have SP2 who use XP, there must be something that was interfering with it, as i said very odd.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:54 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hmm.. From my downloaded client (ORIGINALLY From http://www.silkroadonline.net) I found something interesting...
Does anyone ever try to open it with WinRar or 7-Zip... Try it and you'll be suprised that SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_265.exe only include some image files + remove.exe :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:30 pm 

azp3r1c wrote:
Hmm.. From my downloaded client (ORIGINALLY From http://www.silkroadonline.net) I found something interesting...
Does anyone ever try to open it with WinRar or 7-Zip... Try it and you'll be suprised that SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_265.exe only include some image files + remove.exe :banghead:

because the rest of the data is encrypted in their own compressed format. that's why it comes as an installer its basically decompressing it and putting the files the right way so non tech people can't complain.