Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: olympus-the bot server?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 pm 
Frequent Member

Quote:
How is Jade Dynasty so far compared to Silkroad?

So far I like it. It's a bit more cartoonish (like Perfect World) but you gain levels very quickly. If you're completely nuts, you could theoretically log in every day, meditate in town, and go up levels, although you'd perhaps hit 150 in 2 years.

Quests are a little less fun; you go kill XX creatures or get YY drops, or run from point A to point B to talk to an NPC then go back to point A.

I like some of the skills and moves; I've seen characters do some cool skillz although nothing like the chains on a blader. The teleporting between towns can add up very quickly though (like, 3 silver from Sunstream to the Billows area). I really like the auto-move and auto-guide to quest NPC's. Some quests require you to run to a certain area and stay in the area for a few minutes; I've missed some quests that way and had to go back to re-do them.

Really, it's just Perfect World on steroids, if I had to pigeonhole it based on my experience so far.

Some of the cons:

-Bots still KS you if you're in the same area
-Guilds are only 15 members (might be expandable, I don't know)
-The good stuff still costs money, although you CAN trade in-game gold for Jaden (item mall currency)
-Confusing trade system - no stall network, although they did add a "trade realm" now
-Having to run everywhere gets annoying at the lower levels (except if you're not Skysong, other races get their speed boost)
-Not sure if like PW, the higher levels get boring
-No jobbing system that I have found yet like SRO
-When adding talismans to your equipment, I can only add one type so far (tallys are like bluing equip in SRO, pluses to defense, HP, MP, attack, accuracy, etc)
-Parties are limited to 6 people
-When you're in a "rotating" party, if you grind too close to someone else, you then share the XP (and it's like, HALF xp)
-Still in beta, so there are bugs

Pros:
-Rarely get kicked off, hardly ever any traffic (get in 1st try)
-No spambots or goldbots
-Level quickly and the simplistic bot works well overnight when used with crystals that increase your defense and offensive powers
-The bot (Espers) can increase in level and can have additional skills and powers
-Events are fun, killing ghosts for books, fishing, etc, instances
-Very little lag
-Still F2P, and if you do it right, you can make decent gold and plus your equipment easily
-Cool buffs that your entire guild can get, helps a little while grinding
-NO powerleveling, you're limited to working within 2-3 levels of each person in a party
-Cool mini-boss battles and quests you can do daily
-You will see GM's in-game a lot more than SRO
-NCSoft (whoops, thinking of Aion there, but it's NOT Joymax)

Post subject: Re: olympus-the bot server?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm 

Thanks for the full review. :) I'll give it a shot once I get a better video card.