Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Warrior / Rogue questions.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:38 pm 
Addicted Member

panterr wrote:
Thanx:) i decided to go rogue/cleric.

LillDev!l wrote:
in wars i dont keep my axe and so with me, because the value to lose them.

only 1 thing, can you explain that to me? i never played a war (except for FW)

Well, i got some nice axes myself :) and they are in your inventory at all time, exept for when you have them on, but then your 2hand is in your inventory =]
In wars you can drop items that you have in your inv when you die, and i dont feel like losing my 85+5 shield / cleric rod or 85+7 axes for a little war :love:

Good luck on your char ^__^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 pm 

thanx, ill get it now(A)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm 
Banned User

ok so...for the build...take xbow skills for leveling,2handed cause ..u just need it.. dnt ask me why,1h skills and choose between dagger/axe .. i'd choose daggers...bigger dmg...faster combos..and DD
someone said that this build isnt good at pvp...actually is very good...u have 2 skills that can knock down the enemy..1 from 2h and 1 from rogue.u have knock back,u can use dagger combo when the opponent its knocked-down ...its a good build....only the speed sux..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 pm 

REBD wrote:
hey stay calm, I am simply giving my opinion.

1) In PvP:
-warlock -> debuffs, sleep, .... you dead in 90% of the PvP
-warrior/cleric -> you die in 99.99% of the PvP
-warrior/warlock -> same as warrior/cleric
-rogue/cleric -> same as warrior
-rogue/bard -> 50:50
-wizzard -> lets say 50:50

-any chinese -> more than 95% chances to die.

2) For plvl:
- first of all, people that can't res are shitty plvlers, only an idiot would pay for a plvl like that. No matter how good you are, most plvl spots are NOT safe.
- you can plvl for free, that is true

and remember to stay calm, I am giving my opinion.

Here's my opinion to this; LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Remember to stay calm, just my opinion!

Do this build. you will NOT regret it.
It has a high learning curve, quite possibly the hardest build to master.
There's only one on my server I know of, and he can totally dominate anyone in pvp. full sun+11 bow? Just a joke for him. (http://www.rev6.com/player.asp?id=1196816)
vs
http://www.rev6.com/player.asp?id=1274150

Wear light armor, definitely. Your worst enemy is probably an s/s nuker as they can give you horrible debuffs and it's REALLY hard to kill them in 53% snowshield. Heavy armor is only for tanking STR builds. The damage from chinese STR, even sun, is minimal to a warrior.

Get axes, most definitely. All you absolutely need is sudden twist for bleed+stun in one skill. Excellent versus well, every build.
Deadly counter is most of a warrior/cleric skill to finish off an opponent after triple swing, and crucial rush is a decent damage skill that looks pretty awesome. Both are totally optional though.

One hand skills.. again, all you absolutely NEED is a maxed shield crush. It will be your primary lifeline and helps you tank so much more. You can get daring berserker and cunning stab, but again.. optional. Some will say you need them for parties.. I party, and have those skills and barely use them. The wizards are the damage dealers, not you. Your job is to control the flow of mobs with your taunts and keep the INTs protected.

Here's a few more things you should know, this build is hard to master as I've said. Make sure you're willing to get good at it.. it'd be a shame if you capped it only to suck at it.
The build takes a LOT of sp. I'm not 100% on this, but it may very well be the most SP intensive build in SRO.
It's probably also the most expensive build to play.. excluding the chinese full-sun whores out there. For gear, a minimum of +5. +7 shield, 2H, daggers. +5 or more axe, xbow and 1H.
Also expect to use a LOT of blue pills for all those statuses you'll get.. and universal pills will fill your inventory, but they're dirt cheap anyway.
Use HP / vigor Grains for PvP. Always. They are much, MUCH better than HP / vigor X-Large pots. But also expensive.

@Lightheart, have you made a video since then..? Not to sound like an ass, but there's a few things you could've done differently in that video; but it's almost been a year so I'm sure you picked up on them by now. Loved how you actually utilized the vital increase skill in PvP, don't see many warriors do that. also you must kind of despise vortex1337.. making a video "legendary warrior", lol. I'd be kinda pissed if someone did that without acknowledging you. I mean.. I've made videos of my warrior/cleric but at least I gave credit to VN_Warrior as that's how I learned to play it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:30 pm 

zShared wrote:
REBD wrote:
hey stay calm, I am simply giving my opinion.

1) In PvP:
-warlock -> debuffs, sleep, .... you dead in 90% of the PvP
-warrior/cleric -> you die in 99.99% of the PvP
-warrior/warlock -> same as warrior/cleric
-rogue/cleric -> same as warrior
-rogue/bard -> 50:50
-wizzard -> lets say 50:50

-any chinese -> more than 95% chances to die.

2) For plvl:
- first of all, people that can't res are shitty plvlers, only an idiot would pay for a plvl like that. No matter how good you are, most plvl spots are NOT safe.
- you can plvl for free, that is true

and remember to stay calm, I am giving my opinion.

Here's my opinion to this; LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Remember to stay calm, just my opinion!

Do this build. you will NOT regret it.
It has a high learning curve, quite possibly the hardest build to master.
There's only one on my server I know of, and he can totally dominate anyone in pvp. full sun+11 bow? Just a joke for him. (http://www.rev6.com/player.asp?id=1196816)
vs
http://www.rev6.com/player.asp?id=1274150

Wear light armor, definitely. Your worst enemy is probably an s/s nuker as they can give you horrible debuffs and it's REALLY hard to kill them in 53% snowshield. Heavy armor is only for tanking STR builds. The damage from chinese STR, even sun, is minimal to a warrior.

Get axes, most definitely. All you absolutely need is sudden twist for bleed+stun in one skill. Excellent versus well, every build.
Deadly counter is most of a warrior/cleric skill to finish off an opponent after triple swing, and crucial rush is a decent damage skill that looks pretty awesome. Both are totally optional though.

One hand skills.. again, all you absolutely NEED is a maxed shield crush. It will be your primary lifeline and helps you tank so much more. You can get daring berserker and cunning stab, but again.. optional. Some will say you need them for parties.. I party, and have those skills and barely use them. The wizards are the damage dealers, not you. Your job is to control the flow of mobs with your taunts and keep the INTs protected.

Here's a few more things you should know, this build is hard to master as I've said. Make sure you're willing to get good at it.. it'd be a shame if you capped it only to suck at it.
The build takes a LOT of sp. I'm not 100% on this, but it may very well be the most SP intensive build in SRO.
It's probably also the most expensive build to play.. excluding the chinese full-sun whores out there. For gear, a minimum of +5. +7 shield, 2H, daggers. +5 or more axe, xbow and 1H.
Also expect to use a LOT of blue pills for all those statuses you'll get.. and universal pills will fill your inventory, but they're dirt cheap anyway.
Use HP / vigor Grains for PvP. Always. They are much, MUCH better than HP / vigor X-Large pots. But also expensive.

@Lightheart, have you made a video since then..? Not to sound like an ass, but there's a few things you could've done differently in that video; but it's almost been a year so I'm sure you picked up on them by now. Loved how you actually utilized the vital increase skill in PvP, don't see many warriors do that. also you must kind of despise vortex1337.. making a video "legendary warrior", lol. I'd be kinda pissed if someone did that without acknowledging you. I mean.. I've made videos of my warrior/cleric but at least I gave credit to VN_Warrior as that's how I learned to play it.

Thank you for your opinions and support buddy :)
Yes, it's been 7 months since I made that movie, I got to the point where none in server except a couple friends who repetitively can last longer against me, so I decided to give it a break. I created quite a few more combinations for warrior/rogue, just that the video wasnt long enough and I didnt bother adding more. But yea, I created that fighting style in order to incorporate into my character Lightheart. I do not know anyone has done that way with warrior/rogue build before, but Im pretty certain I'm one of the pioneers in that method.
@Vortex1337, I dont despise or hate him, dont get it wrong there. I made the movie so other people can experience, provide feedback, and ultimately, learn from it.
But you had your point too, credits should be given to where credits are deserved.
Good luck for peeps trying out this build. It's one of the hardest to utilize and control but once you get the hang of it, there are more fun than you expected :wink:

Lvl: 90 Full farmed
My pvp Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTIeTJrbxY
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BHC4sUW8Ij4&feature=user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:04 pm 

good for you I told you already. And I am calm ain't I?

SOX Drops:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:30 pm 

REBD wrote:

Heheh, as far I can tell, you dont really know what you are saying anyways, so I didnt even bother :roll:

My pvp Videos:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:38 pm 

weymouthhall wrote:
REBD wrote:

Heheh, as far I can tell, you dont really know what you are saying anyways, so I didnt even bother :roll:

Well as far as I can tell, you don't want me to remain calm.

SOX Drops:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:07 pm 
Common Member

Go with warrior/cleric when ur serious about 1on1. Just look how easy they pwn others without even using skins/bless. No holy spell is a big disadvantage for ur build. Further more, kd+DD+mortal isnt gonna kill a decent purestr, so u gotta either stay in DD to finish him off , which makes u a 1shot. Or u cancel DD in which case ur opponent gets to full hp in no time.

BTW I would go with tank/rogue. Purely cause a tank/cleric pretty much buffs only in group pvp like fw. Which is pretty boring. But a rogue can kill ^^.

1# Get LA
2# Optional ( dual counter might be nice after kd+mortal, suddentwist is a must)
3# Get all 1hand passives and up shield crush uptill lv 9 dull. Which is one lv before its max I think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:19 pm 
Common Member

Warrior/rogue... did anyone actually cap such a build? Never heard of it, and somehow I doubt on its effectiveness at grinding or pvp. Both classes are supposed to be main classes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:03 pm 

Shin'kensei wrote:
Warrior/rogue... did anyone actually cap such a build? Never heard of it, and somehow I doubt on its effectiveness at grinding or pvp. Both classes are supposed to be main classes.

I did, and I pvped, as well :roll:

My pvp Videos:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 am 

i owned Odin before my sun daggers got hacked :(
Warrior/Rogue for life :)

Hey Lightheart, it's me Ed (remember the noob who asked u how to play this build properly?) hehe - u still gonna play 100 cap or what?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:52 pm 

Thanx for all your reply's.
i will think about it now.
I can just farm it, and make it rogue/?????
then later i'll decide to go warrior or cleric.
Thanx~ :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:54 pm 
Common Member

go warrior dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 pm 

Code: Select all
No comments needed... do what you wish, war/cler and war/rogue are both good builds, easy to play, insanely tough to master.

"It's only cheating if you get caught"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:02 am 
Common Member

what was ur main PvE Weapon?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 am 
Frequent Member

Look at this and may all your questions be answered

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 am 
Common Member

doesnt say what main pve weapon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:43 pm 

IntWarrior wrote:
doesnt say what main pve weapon

Probably xbow, kills the fastest.

"It's only cheating if you get caught"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 pm 

party grind: 1h
solo grind: xbow