Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Thoughts on Nukers, someone confirm pls
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm 
Veteran Member

I've been thinking, There are 3 common chinese nuker builds:
1) Bicheon, Light, Ice
2) Ice, Light, Fire
3) Bicheon, Fire, Ice.

We all know that 2 is a pure int build as it's only offense is int-based.

I use to think 1 would be a pure int build, but now that I think about it, I think 1 is best suited for int hybrid while 3 is better for a pure int. Here's my reasoning:

a) Light gives you mag dmg % inc. With a weaker imbue and only 1 strong nuke, maxing int is kinda pointless. You only get to use it fully once. The rest of the time, it's better to rely on chains and kd + stabs. I've pvped with a slightly hybrid, 10 lvls of str, and I had better gear, but only barely beat him. With hybrid, you will get extra hp, do more dmg with bicheon, and still have 1 strong nuke since you have light's dmg boost.

b) Fire increases your phy dmg, so your kd + stab and chains will already be slightly stronger than a normal pure int. You also have 3 nukes to choose from so keeping pure would be best as you already hit harder with nukes using fire. Going Hybrid with fire would just weaken your nukes which was why you went with this build in the first place o_O.

In short, choose 1 if you want to have more hp and go hybrid. Pvping mostly with bicheon and using a nuke every now and than.
Choose 2 if you want to nuke only and happen to have a sun shield with high BR.
Choose 3 if you want to mostly nuke but still have bicheon to back up your offense.

What does everyone else think? Does this make sense? The whole hybrid with light and pure with fire?

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: New Thoughts on Nukers, someone confirm pls
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm 
Common Member

I doubt that 10 levels of STR would be enough to increase your physical attacks' damage so that it would cancel out the decrease in your imbue's damage. Your imbue's damage benefits from the Lightning buff while your physical attacks don't. That said, as long as you're using your imbue, your Bicheon skills should do more damage as a pure INT than as slightly hybrid. Sure, extra HP is never a bad thing but I prefer having my one strong nuke do the highest possible damage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:16 pm 
Forum God

I agree with you about the bich/light/ice build. It's lack of nukes is, disheartening. While fire has a wide variety of nukes.

So perhaps it is best if it goes hybrid. Only problem is that lights buffs are all direct related to your mag damage. So even if you add some str it won't benefit very much due to no fire phy damage increasing buffs.

Still, I'd like to see this build in action sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm 
Veteran Member

Which build Tasdik? Bich ice light? I've seen alot of those around. For some reason, me and 3 of my friends are thinking of trying fire ice bich all at once without ever talking to each other about it lol. Anyone know of a high lvl with that build that's pure int? I know a few ppl with that build but they went hybrid, and all regret doing so cept 1 that's like a 1:2 hybrid >_>.

That 10 lvl of Str not only inc dmg but also inc the hp. At 90 cap I was pvping at lvl 7x and that 10 lvl of str made alot of diff. Maybe a 1:7 or 1:9 hybrid at 100 cap would have the same effect. If he got bleed and divi on me, than I needed ironwall to be alive, If I got bleed and divi on him, he didn't. I wasn't hitting has hard on my kd + stab. My nukes easily hit 3k+ than his, but my kd and stabs weren't even in the same league.

My thing is, it's not that the hybrid would decrease imbue power, it's that hybrid would help inc sword power since only mag attk you have are lion shouts, imbue, and 1 nuke.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 pm 

Well hybrids hit less with their kds,chains etc than pure int. 10 lvls of str on a light nuker only reduces your bicheon damage rather than increases (the physical damage is higher but the lower magical damage/balance means ur imbue does not hit as hard, which is where pretty much all the damage from bicheon skills come from, from a pure int). Interesing tho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:40 am 
Valued Member

I seen a couple of builds with Bicheon/fire/ice

I have notice that there alot of int builds crying cuz at this cap almost every chinese str spam vigors. Chinese str ~45k+HP,+snow+vigors+purification pill spam or firewall vs int chinese =lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:53 am 
Veteran Member

I've seen that fire spam too. The best strategy I can come up with against that would be to just spam your own kd + stab. If you time it right, you will end up using chains for the wall and the kd and stab will still go through.

I guess I got tired of my old build. It's a mix but mainly ice, light bich. Bich was nice, but originally I wanted a nuker. And having only 1 strong nuke kinda irked me. I :love: lightening, but only having 1 real nuke in my arsenal doesn't count for me.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:54 am 
Valued Member

Goseki wrote:
Anyone know of a high lvl with that build that's pure int?

not a high lvl but barely 9d... my brother would be killing builds like 5 lvls higher than him ( still depend son the build too ), and he was Bich/Light/Ice.

basically he relied on his Bicheon debuffs and cancels until he gets bleed + one more debuff then just keep nuking him... resulting a death at hand. killed a lvl 81 +5 shielded blader in garms ._. with that strategy and he was lvl 76 with a decent gear ( that means +3 or +4 and he used an 8d shield lol ).

OnT:

Bich/Light/Ice were neither Int or hybrid, best if it goes full int.
Bich/Fire/Ice I'd say go hybrid, but spear would be perfect for it if it does go hybrid IMO.

( can't think much more head hurts ._. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U0yNiK2p0U&feature=player_profilepage
" Freedom without a price to bargain "

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:24 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
I agree with you about the bich/light/ice build. It's lack of nukes is, disheartening. While fire has a wide variety of nukes.

So perhaps it is best if it goes hybrid. Only problem is that lights buffs are all direct related to your mag damage. So even if you add some str it won't benefit very much due to no fire phy damage increasing buffs.

Still, I'd like to see this build in action sometime.

I m currently doing a Full Int S/S Bicheon / Cold / Fire ;)
I just finished my farm at ongs, and I m lvling now (lvl51).
You will have my thoughts later, see you in some months ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:25 pm 
Valued Member

Bich/Fire/Ice sounds like an awesome build. The only problem with that is the lack of magical increase buff you get from the lightning tree. Albeit a small %, it's still helpful. Personally, I took Force instead of Bich and I'm having fun with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 pm 
Forum God

PocketSunshine wrote:
Bich/Fire/Ice sounds like an awesome build. The only problem with that is the lack of magical increase buff you get from the lightning tree. Albeit a small %, it's still helpful. Personally, I took Force instead of Bich and I'm having fun with it.

Fire makes up for the lack of magical increase buff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:13 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

2 is the best!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:42 pm 

Fire looks cooler than light :P (nukes and imbue)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:10 pm 

Cepiii wrote:
Fire looks cooler than light :P (nukes and imbue)

Light imbue looks awesome!