Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: I am torn between wizard/cleric and wizard/bard..
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:47 am 
Banned User

I think if your the character that really wants speed and you are a wiz/cleric your going to be spending alot more money that way..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:20 am 

I guess.. but I didn't have to because my friends gave me lots of speed scrolls and/or buffed my speed :twisted:. Like someone suggested though, you could just level up with a bard sub (with only speed + noise), then delevel it for cleric. Either way it'll still do well in pve but not so well in pve.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:19 pm 
Banned User

Oryx wrote:
I guess.. but I didn't have to because my friends gave me lots of speed scrolls and/or buffed my speed :twisted:. Like someone suggested though, you could just level up with a bard sub (with only speed + noise), then delevel it for cleric. Either way it'll still do well in pve but not so well in pve.

BAHAHAHA!!! But yeah I bet that was a mistake meaning pve and pvp.. But delvling if you got both skills maxed that would take up so much money this couldn't be your first char if you want to do that plan.. Which is actually pretty good if you think about it....

Oh and about your first sentence... Again this wouldn't be your first char in the first place cause no random high lvl is gonna be that nice... Unless during your trades they some how get pieces of your user and pass stuff like that...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:05 pm 

I'd honestly say that wiz/bard is better for party play. It seems like everyone has cleric sub, and to get full bard buffs you need 4+ bards, bard sub is really valuable. Those bard buffs are better than cleric heals imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 pm 
Banned User

I think that all the wizard/clerics or the wizard/bards that switched to wizard/cleric just didn't play or didn't think that wizard/bard was good at all I don't think they put enough time in trying to make their character thrive as they did the other one which more people are if they go wiz... And if you want heal so badly on a wizard/bard just get a lvl 1 healing cycle or the lvl 1 heal if you want it... Cause we don't have much hp meaning you don't need much healing power...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

There right when they say wiz/bard will need to grind much lower lvls...i wear robe near perfect blue high stats +5 sox and accessories and i cant take giants anywhere near my level...generally anywhere from 2 - 5 lvls lower depending on the giants def/attk characteristics,rockys and sonars ftw.pty mobs will pwn you and chinese chars know its an easy way to clear the room of wiz's^^ haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:11 am 
Banned User

On you tube I've seen wizard/bards take on giants...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cDCYiPMKM
He must be doing something right...
(btw sorry it wouldn't let me put the image up..)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:15 am 

smizzlete wrote:
BAHAHAHA!!! But yeah I bet that was a mistake meaning pve and pvp.. But delvling if you got both skills maxed that would take up so much money this couldn't be your first char if you want to do that plan.. Which is actually pretty good if you think about it....

Oh and about your first sentence... Again this wouldn't be your first char in the first place cause no random high lvl is gonna be that nice... Unless during your trades they some how get pieces of your user and pass stuff like that...

Yes I typoed you caught me :shock:. Actually I got like 80 speed scrolls from my guild leader when I was ~60 because he switched to bard mastery, but that's sort of a one time thing and I was surprised he did because I barely knew him. Rest were from good friends. It didn't bother me so much that I had no speed for like the first 50 levels. But once you start training with speed it's hard to go back -_-.
smizzlete wrote:
On you tube I've seen wizard/bards take on giants...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cDCYiPMKM
He must be doing something right...
(btw sorry it wouldn't let me put the image up..)

Cerberus is only 24 btw...

smizzlete wrote:
I think that all the wizard/clerics or the wizard/bards that switched to wizard/cleric just didn't play or didn't think that wizard/bard was good at all I don't think they put enough time in trying to make their character thrive as they did the other one which more people are if they go wiz... And if you want heal so badly on a wizard/bard just get a lvl 1 healing cycle or the lvl 1 heal if you want it... Cause we don't have much hp meaning you don't need much healing power...

That would be pretty useless. Wizards don't have much hp but not THAT little. If necessary, could go like 20 or 30 bard then the rest cleric.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 am 
Banned User

Oryx wrote:
Cerberus is only 24 btw...

Wow I must have missed that part of the video...

Oryx wrote:
That would be pretty useless. Wizards don't have much hp but not THAT little. If necessary, could go like 20 or 30 bard then the rest cleric.

At lvl 100 you have 8452 hp without any armor health upgrades.... So to me until you get to high lvls lvl 1 healing will do it... Or at least help you when you have just killed your mob and your waiting for pot delay. But I'm not gonna stop at 20 or 30 I wanna still be able to fight and stuff like that as a bard from what I sometimes have read people quite cause it isn't exciting enough and I think that might give the extra little kick to it...

Someone should make a hybrid wiz/bard/cleric guide... on title CAUTION MAY TAKE A BUTT LOAD OF FARMING!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:35 am 

go bard u need to escape from the true pvpers otherwise 1-nuke or die.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:42 am 
Banned User

DragOon wrote:
go bard u need to escape from the true pvpers otherwise 1-nuke or die.

Yeah a true pvper would just destroy either type of wizard anyways... So why not go with the funner sub class?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 am 

Lol lvl 1 healing isn't going to heal anywhere near 8k hp :S. But since you already think bard is funner then there's no need to discuss the advantages of cleric.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:39 am 
Banned User

Oryx wrote:
Lol lvl 1 healing isn't going to heal anywhere near 8k hp :S. But since you already think bard is funner then there's no need to discuss the advantages of cleric.

Um do you know what I just said on my last post?

smizzlete wrote:
At lvl 100 you have 8452 hp without any armor health upgrades.... So to me until you get to high lvls lvl 1 healing will do it...

*cough* you should have read my whole post *cough*
And what about the advantages of bard?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:19 am 

it would be "more fun" to all the people saying "funner"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:24 am 
Banned User

funner is the funnest way to say it. :P