Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:43 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

currently i am lvl 18 and sp farming in stronghold in order goin pure int spear nukin in the later lvls. I deleveld from lvl 20 to 18 one time to gain the additional int for effective one shot kill farming . Beside that ive done couple of deleveling from 19 to 18. My Gap is 8, usin Fire Imbue and a sos+5 bow. Additionally every equipment has +int and str.

So far i have farmed 25k sp in 3 weeks which isnt that fast but also i dont wanna play the whole day. But since i am not already bored i try to farm some more^^.

For effective Farming in Stronghold (archers) u need:
- LvL 16-18
- Gap 9 or 8
- Fire Imbue or Lightning imbue
- minimized chat window
- a lot of deleveling
- patience
these are the things everyone can do, regardless of money and gold...

now the things which cost gold or real cash or both :D but makes it LOT more faster and easier...

- Every Equipment (all armor) u wear with +Str +Int
- SoS +3 bow for 2shot archers
- SoS +5 or better bow for 1shot archers
- get Gold Ticket
- get Monkey

depending on your lvl and your damage output you eventually need to delevel from 19 or 20 in order to gain extra Str/INT to reach the 2shot and 1shot result as stated above.

things you should NOT DO:
- get cold imbue
- pick up every $&"/!&! lyin on the ground
- talk to much
- get expensive equipment unless you have already sos+3 bow

and one thing beside, don't bother about people insulting you cos of KS...
you can steal only things not yours, and monsters are free for all... KS is an invention of the people not fast or not good enough...

-> ignore them and keep on farming or u will need decades !
and always remember, talkin just means waistin precious time !

Finally:
GET SP OR DIE TRYIN' ©

....just my 49 cent :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:38 pm 

what's optimal skill exp should i be getting per kill? i'm lvl 16 killing lvl 17 black tigers, and i'm getting about 220 skill exp per pop. is that ok? yeah i'll be in bandits soon, i need a more badass weapon first :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:58 pm 

i would agree with muhkuh but i dislike the bit about all the monsters being "free for all" - some people are doing quests and are only low levels, they're not farming, they're more than likely on a quest so they dont kill that quickly but because u say its a "free for all" you'll ks this guy whos trying to get his what? 20 opeational maps/lost sword/50 bandits? yeah thats a nice way to get on with everyone

i can accept you ks'ing a couple of times thats fine, and as long as theres an apology such as "my bad" "sorry dude" thats fine but to constantly ks people... i mean there are so many monsters as you say, i mean thats why u farm in that area the spawn rates are excellent but to go and ks someone cause that certain mob is nearer to you then the one behind it well its just somewhat lame imo

Guild - ShoRyuKen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:23 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

real nice guide, helped me alot.

Post subject: Re: Masteries, SP Farming, and what it all means.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:26 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Now, the 6 level gap will change to an 8 level gap once you reach level 30. Why? There is a long lull at this point in which you won't be aquiring new skills within a mastery tree. Also, the total experience from mobs will be high enough to allow a decent gain of exps on a level 8 gap ratio while a 9 level gap ratio would be just too harsh still. Continue this 8 level gap ratio from level 30 to 36 or 37. At which point you should have over 20K SPs and MORE THEN enough to stop the madness of SP farming. Have fun with a super powerful character from level 37 onward! [/size]

I just want to make commecnt on this part...........I dont know if my calculation was right because Im so bad at math............so just logically and quickly counting when Im in level 29 I have to keep the 6 level gap......that will be skill level 23 , right..........and then I have to change in level 30 with 8 level gap? that means I have to put my skill level back to level 22?............is this the mechanism or correct me if im wrong, im totally confused with this one.......

tks fr answering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:46 pm 
Common Member

well, im full int, use a som+2 16bow.
i use lightning imbue.

So I see an archer pop. i use imbue, ctrlclik archer. first arrow does 90% hp. second kills.
By oneshotting i assume you mean devilarrow?
Ill fix my bow so i can take em out with first arrow thou. add some str/int on gear etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:35 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

okay, I followed this guide since lvl 1 and noww I'm lvl 16 wiwth a 9 lvl gap

I heard somewhwere that bandit archers give max sp....

I'm killing them and I'm only gettin 128 per kill.

is this normal? Wwhen I wwas killing water ghosts, I wwas getting 300 per kill.... please resond. Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:11 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Soyama wrote:
well, im full int, use a som+2 16bow.
i use lightning imbue.

So I see an archer pop. i use imbue, ctrlclik archer. first arrow does 90% hp. second kills.
By oneshotting i assume you mean devilarrow?
Ill fix my bow so i can take em out with first arrow thou. add some str/int on gear etc.

by one shotting i mean, one shot only with the fire imbue !! i dont have any bow skills, all u need is the fire imbue and suitable equipment. Enhance everything as long as u can kill with one shot ! with a Som bow it should be easy to do..

regarding the KS discussion, i dont say its the way of the gentleman lol.
But when the stronghold is crowded with people u have to make your kills and that often results in KS others because otherwise you will need too much time for your farming (yes that is somehow egoistic, everyone has to choose for himself if he wanna do it...). That on the other side dont means that you should KS the whole game long, later there will be enough for all (most of the time 8) ) !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:56 pm 
Common Member

yeh, my gear is not fully enchanced yet. got 106% mag balance now, 62% physical. im nearly oneshotting all. my bow is +3 now also.
So i levled to 18 now, sure im gonna oneshot them when i hit 16 again.
else im putting those tablets to work ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:50 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i remember i had a mag balance of 116 or 118% (all gear except 2 with +3 int).
also, if necessary lvl up to 19 or even 20, then delevel to 16 in order to gain enough power from the additional str / int.

@wyumez: do u have the gold ticket ? perhaps you have used it up or sth like that so u get less sp now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:32 am 
Casual Member

I delevel from 19 to 16, using +3 SOS bow.. What i found out is pure str is hard to 1 shot kill with fire imbue although equips with +3 SOS bow..
The maximus i can do is 2 hit kill..

:( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 am 
Common Member

2hits isnt bad either.
its still very fast.
you might 1shot if you upgrade your bow. but well. gear and %balance makes most the effort i guess, if you already have a good weapon.
You can rest assured, this kind of spfarming by far outdo anything else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:45 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

but how much are you guys getting from each kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:56 pm 
Casual Member

No need to worries about each monster gave you how much SP, tell you something my friend... DeLEVELING is the most annoying part during SP farming PROCESS.. It tooks 45 min to delevel..
And It tooks me 2 to 2 and a half our to gain 40-50% exp while grinding at Bandit Archers and of course i will gain around 600-700 SP each 2 hour..

Post subject: Re: Masteries, SP Farming, and what it all means.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:59 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Level Gap = The level gap is determined by the level difference of your current character level and your highest mastery level.. What is the LvL of your weapon in this case?

This is what I don’t get. I am for LvL 69 my weapon LvL 69 my Fire skills LvL 52 my ice LvL 30,and my lighting 35 any I have no more SP so my question is where I should keep the gap ?
Is it between my Char LvL69 and my weapon LvL 69 or my skill LvL?
Can you help please :oops:
kagenutto wrote:
TABLE OF CONTENTS

1)Intro
2)Mastery Trees
3)How SP Farming Works
4)My SP Farming Strategy When Starting a New Character

APPENDIX
A. Glossary and Acronyms
B. Table of Level Gap Experience Ratios (*to be added later)

1) INTRO
To put bluntly, Silkroad Online is a skill based game. You are given a choice of 3 different weapon styles, and 4 different "elements" to chose from. Skills are what make your character unique and who you are. While the game is still early and more customization will added later, you are going to want to pick your skills wisely. Now, I'm not about to get into builds, and templates and my opinions in this guide. I'll leave that for other guides. This is just a general purpose guide to help people understand the skill system a little bit better and how to develop their character without being so blind about it. Nothing is worse then dumping a ton of time and investment into a character only to realize you should have done something different 20 levels before hand.

2) MASTERY TREES
Your 3 basic weapon skill trees are: Bicheon (for sword and blade skills), Heuskal (for spear and glaive skills), and Pacheon (for bow skills). Your 4 elemental skill trees are: Cold, Lightning, Fire, and Force.

These trees are also known as your MASTERY trees. You need to raise a mastery tree to a certain amount to gain access to skills within that tree. For example, if you want to Smash and Strike skill for your sword, you need to raise your Bicheon Mastery to level 5. Skills bought within a mastery do not count as masteries themselves. They are just skills.

Unfortunately, SRO doesn't allow you to max out every possible tree there is. You are limited to 300 masteries. Each mastery tree also maxes out currently at 80, the max level in the game. If things change the future, please make note that level caps have been known to be raised in other games as an online game matures and the balance of low levels versus high levels changes. This section of this guide may not be as relevant then.

With 300 total masteries you can spend raising mastery trees there are a number of ways to go about building your character. You can max out 3 mastery trees at 80 and leave a fourth at 60, or two at 80 and two at 70, or even 5 at 60, or six at 50, or whatever combination to your hearts desire. Obviously not all choices will make your character the most powerful. What the best route to take when picking mastery trees is for you to decide.

3) HOW SP FARMING WORKS
If you ever taken the chance to look over the skills located within the mastery trees you might start salivating at the endless possibilities to which to build a character. However most don't realize the amount of skill points needed to polish up a character. Each tree is a bit different and how you go about picking skills and trees will ultimately determine how many skill points you will need. Most people do not think about this when initially playing a new character, but instead jump headlong into making a new character then proceed to level away while spending points willy-nilly. This is great for learning the game, it's not so great for making a good character in the long run. Most people reach level 20 or 30 and realize too late then are running out of skill points. They realize they can't afford to purchase anything they want and find their lack of ability compared to others of equivilant level depressing. Hopefully this won't happen to the readers of my guide as I will turn you into the ANT! For those that don't know the reference then please refer to the old Chinese story about the Grasshopper and the Ant. Spending a little bit of extra time in the low levels can pay out huge dividends at higher levels, especially in PVP.

To gain a single skill point in the game you need to earn 400 skill experience. Skill experience is shown by the little yellow bar above your normal green experience bar. You can also view your total skill points next to the yellow bar or in the Skill Window which can be accessed by pressing "S" on your keyboard. Skill experience is awarded by completing most quests, and by killing monsters. This is the same for normal experience as well. The problem is the fact that most people raise their mastery trees of choice as far as it can go when they level. Most people without realizing the ramifications will max out a mastery tree to be equal level to their character level. If their character is level 20, then their mastery tree of choice is level 20.

There is a flaw to this. One, after a certain level, the amount of skill points needed to raise even a single mastery jumps exponentially. It is very difficult to keep even a single mastery tree maxed out to your current level for 80 levels. Even doing so you will be limited to what skills within a single mastery you can pick. No one wants to be a one-trick pony.

However, within the game itself are the mechanics to diversify and build a powerful character a tad more slowly. This is done by NOT raising your mastery trees to the max.

You see, when you kill a monster within the game there is a TOTAL amount of experience that is generated by that monster based off your level versus the level of the monster and it's hitpoints. A monster of the same level as another but with more hitpoints, like champions and giants, will give more total experience. This total experience is then sorted out by a ratio into skill experience and normal experience. The ratio is determined by the level difference of your highest mastery and your character level. If your highest mastery tree equals your current character level, then the ratio is going to be higher for normal experience. This means when you kill a monster, most of the experience will be normal experience and not skill experience.

As the level gap increases between your highest mastery tree and your current character level the ratio skews more in favor of skill experience up to a level 9 level difference. Beaware, skill experience is more costly then normal experience. Take this for example, with no level difference at level 16 and killing a level 16 monster you shoudl recieve about 100 skill experience and 400 normal experience. This makes a total of 500 experience. If you have a 6 level gap, then you will receive 185 skill experience and 230 normal experience roughly. This is a total experience of a 6 level gap is now 415. If you have the max level gap of 9 between your highest mastery tree and your current level then you would receive roughly 30 normal experience and 220 skill experience which is a total of 250 experience for that monster. Going beyond a 9 level gap no longer changes the ratio.

As you can see, the value of skill experience versus normal is experience is not equal. Skill experience is worth more. In the furture, I might try to build a table with the ratios and experience values based off the level gap from 1 to 9. If someone doesn't beat me to it. It will be an update later when I get a day off and time to roll a new character.

SP Farming works by deliberately keeping a gap between your highest mastery tree and your current character level. You gain less normal experience per kill, and as a result level slower, but gain much more skill experience per kill. The net result is that when you finally decide to spend your skill points to start maxing out your mastery trees, you'll have plenty to use at your disposal.

Why do SP farming? While it seems to make leveling at lower levels almost tediously slow... it is in no way a comparison to how slow you will level at higher character levels. When you reach level 60 and complain how slow it is to level because you can't solo kill anything near your level due to lack of skill points, you'll wish you spent a little extra time at the low levels building skill points. I can easily say that an extra hour spent SP farming at a low level is well worth 5 or more hours of time at higher levels. You spend more time now to save time later. Hence, you become the ANT.

Also, as pointed out below, another reason to do SP farming a bit earlier is that as your character progresses, the level gap needed to increase the ratio in favor of skill experience earned versus normal experience earned changes. To the point where a 5 level gap when your character is level 10 is similar in ratio to a 9 level gap when your character is 50+

4) MY SP FARMING STRATEGY WHEN STARTING A NEW CHARACTER
First off, create a new character. Second, pick BOW as your weapon of choice. I don't care WHAT weapon you plan on using later, it doesn't matter just pick the bow when making a new character. Now get into the game. If you need to do the newbie things like familiarize yourself with the controls and the game, please do so. Once done run outside town and start popping Mangyangs. These guys drop gold, which you'll need and usually plenty of arrows. Sometimes a melee weapon. If you manage to scrape up a few hundred gold, which takes about 10 or so kills, before you find a weapon drop then run back into town. Head over to the blacksmith and buy a glaive or blade. It doesn't matter which. If you have some extra money for ammo and arrows buy them.

Now back to killing mangyangs, but before that, we need to make a few hotkeys. Open your inventory window with the "I" key and drag the icon of the bow to a hotkey spot on the bottom bar of your screen. Do the same for the melee weapon. You can also add the hotkey for auto-attack from the Action window or you can continue double-clicking on monsters to attack them. Whatever tickles your pickle.

Now, use the bow to attack with initially and as the monster gets into melee range, use the hotkey to switch to the melee weapon you have. This will save you in the long run on potions, arrows, and downtime. Kill mangyangs this way until you reach level 2. Head into town to grab your quests. However, what you do NOT want to do is spend your skill points after reaching level 2. You can spend your character points however you want. These are points that raise either your STRENGTH or INTELLIGENCE. That's your choice and has nothing to do with SP farming. Now back out to kill stuff and complete quests.

Continue this until level 5 of killing things, completing quests, and NOT spending any skill points. At level 5, run around the stalls in town and look for a el cheapo level 5 bow and melee weapon to buy that you can afford. This assumes you haven't found a level 5 weapon drop on your own. You are going to need a level 5 weapon since we aren't going to be getting any skills yet. The shops won't have anything until level 8 for you to buy, and we won't be getting the normal level skills like others just yet.

Now back to the normal fighting and questing until level 8. FINALLY! You can buy a even better bow and melee weapon. I say look around at player stalls for a bit for the level 8 weapons you want. They tend to be a tad bit better and cheaper then the NPC shop. If you can't find anything then just buy the level 8 weapons from the NPC. Back to the grind until you reach 10.

At level 10 you will now be finding life difficult. You can buy level 10 weapons but it's not going to be that big of a help for the monsters you'll be fighting. NOW we spend some skill points. You should have plenty skill points available to you for your level. Pick one weapon mastery tree of choice and ONE elemental mastery tree of choice. Forgo the FORCE elemental tree for healing for now. If you really, really, really want force for your character then go ahead and spend points. Before you go overboard, we are only spending points to bring each mastery tree we want to level 5. Do not take any mastery tree over level 5 right now.

Once we have the weapon and elemental mastery tree we want at level 5, spend a few more skill points to gain the first skills available for each tree we picked. For elements this will be called an imbue skill. This level 5 skill is very important as it will give your weapon attacks for a few seconds added elemental damage that is ONTOP of your regular damage. This will make a huge difference. Combined with a weapon skill, your damage numbers will start to allow you to tackle more difficult monsters with ease.

At this point, you'll also need to start stocking up on MP recovery herbs. Since you now have skills that take mana points, you'll want to replinish them. Personally, I hate sitting down to rest and recover HPs and MPs. I rather use a potion and be a non-stop killing machine except to head to town to resupply and look at stalls for better gear. I like to be constantly doing something with my character and sitting down is boring for me. Not to mention sitting in a highly agro area can be very dangerous. What you do to regain HPs and MPs though is your choice.

Now back to the grind! Kill stuff, finish quests, and buy better gear as it becomes available. What you do NOT want to do is spend skill points again until level 14. You'll level fast enough off the quests you do.

Once you reach level 14 though, you'll notice a SHARP decline in your leveling speed. Why? Because your highest skill mastery should still be only level 5 which leaves you now with a 9 level gap. Here is where I and the Koreans differ on SP farming strategy. The Koreans will slowly grind from 14 to 16. At 15 they raise their max mastery to 6, and at 16 they raise it to 7. At this point, they completely stop. They find a nice level 16 SOS or SOM weapon and SP farm like crazy on monsters they can kill in 1 hit. If they happen to level they die repeatedly to get back to the beginning of level 16. They continue this process for several weeks in a row until they reach around 30K sill points. To me that's NUTS!!! It's a game not a job! I can't see myself standing in the same spot, killing the same monster as fast as I possibly can for weeks on end. I'd go crazy.

Hence why many people make and use bots at this point. It's my opinion that bots are for losers, but do whatever you feel is needed. This is why I diverge in strategies from the Koreans at level 14. Instead of using a 9 level gap here, I use a 8 level gap. At level 16 I used a 7 level gap. At level 18 I used a 6 level gap and have been ever since. I find that with a 6 level gap you gain a decent amount of exps and SPs. You still feel as if you are accomplishing something and still level while not making this game into a job. Of course, this is my personal opinion so you can either choose to follow my advise or not. As I said before, "Whatever tickles your pickle."

Now, the 6 level gap will change to an 8 level gap once you reach level 30. Why? There is a long lull at this point in which you won't be aquiring new skills within a mastery tree. Also, the total experience from mobs will be high enough to allow a decent gain of exps on a level 8 gap ratio while a 9 level gap ratio would be just too harsh still. Continue this 8 level gap ratio from level 30 to 36 or 37. At which point you should have over 20K SPs and MORE THEN enough to stop the madness of SP farming. Have fun with a super powerful character from level 37 onward!

APPENDIX A. Glossary and Acronyms
HPs = hit points = The amount of damage a character can sustain before dying. Indicated by a red bar with numbers overlayed in SRO.
MPs = mana points = The amount of power your character has to use skills and spells in SRO. Indicated by a blue bar with numbers overlayed.
SPs = Skill Points = A valueable character commidity that can only be obtained by killing monsters or completing quests. Skill points are spent on Mastery Trees to gain skills. More skills leads to a more powerful character.
SRO = Silkroad Online = The game you are reading this guide for Aho!
SOS = Seal of Stars or Seal of Sun = A special item denoted by a yellow title within the SRO game. These item are VERY powerful for their respective level when obtained. Roughly equivilant to a +4 ot +5 weapon of the same level. Be forewarned that many people will charge ridiculous prices for a SOS item just because it's SOS. A level 16 SOS weapon should not exceed 200K IMHO unless more bonuses such as a super high crit rate or higher plusses are added on top.
SOM = Seal of Moon = Same as SOS as above, just a different name. The order of strength goes Seal of Stars, Moon, and then Sun.
Aho = Japanese word for idiot.
Farming = In reference to online gaming this means to stop gaining character levels to advance your online character and instead use extra time to aquire something else to be used later to advance your character easier and faster. In other words, You Reap What You Sow.
SP Farming = The act of deliberately slowing down your characters leveling process to gain more SPs. This is done by reading the guide above Aho!
Level Gap = The level gap is determined by the level difference of your current character level and your highest mastery level.
Imbue = The first level 5 skill for the Cold, Lightning, or Fire mastery trees. It is a very important skill for any character played in SRO.
Grind = Spending way too much time in a location to endlessly kill monsters for a result. The amount of time to be considered a grind is somewhat subjective, but if it's an 8 hour stretch or more then just about everyone will consider it a grind.
The Ant and The Grasshopper = an old Chinese story involving these two mystical beings and a moral. If you haven't heard about it then get some culture you hillbilly.
Hillbilly = if you live in Arkansas, married your cousin, know only how to eat hamburgers with mac & cheese, reference yourself in the 3rd person, everyone you know has a nickname, and/or don't remember having a shower (let alone a dental visit) in recent memory then you might be a hillbilly.

APPENDIX B. Table of Level Gap Experience Ratios (*update to come)

Post subject: SP Farming
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:05 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Level Gap = The level gap is determined by the level difference of your current character level and your highest mastery level.. What is the LvL of your weapon in this case?

This is what I don’t get. I am for LvL 69 my weapon LvL 69 my Fire skills LvL 52 my ice LvL 30,and my lighting 35 any I have no more SP so my question is where I should keep the gap ?
Is it between my Char LvL69 and my weapon LvL 69 or my skill LvL?
Can you help please
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:22 am 
Common Member

bleh..
you can use a 64 weapon 52weapon or a level 1 weapon if you like.

as far as a gap is concerned.. only skill mastery levels matters, be it weaponskill levels or force levels.
so.. you need to drop your skill levels, all to 61 to have a 9gap at 70. or drop it to 60 to have a 9gap now..
thats what you should have for farming sp.
Good luck, and if you read the first page im sure you would understand it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:29 pm 

Quote:
Continue this 8 level gap ratio from level 30 to 36 or 37. At which point you should have over 20K SPs and MORE THEN enough to stop the madness of SP farming. Have fun with a super powerful character from level 37 onward!

This is the only part of the guide that I do not fully understand. Does this mean I can proceed to a zero level gap from this point on?

I don't plan on leveling anything I don't explicitly need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:19 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Quote:
Lv 7 - 77 SP
Lv 8 - 115 SP
Lv 9 - 191 SP

It's weird. When I was lvl 7, I was under the 77. Now I am lvl 8 1/2 (61%) and have 184 SP.

Does that guide go by start or end of lvl? I.E., should I have 115 at the start of LVL 8 or right before I lvl to 9?

also, he says at lvl 10, get two masteries to 5. Do I only put one point in the fire imbue (the one I am getting) or do I put as many as I want? Do I just waste as many SP's as I can at this point and get skills or do I wait?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:42 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Ok, well it appears nobody is answering me.

I am now lvl 9 (10% in) and have over 340 SP's.... The thing says I should have 191. The guide must be off because I haven't been dying to drop my XP.

One thing I haven't been doing is quests though.. should I be getting the XP off of quests? I don't get SP while doing that, so I thought that was bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:46 am 
Casual Member

SP Farming Gear :)

Magic Balance at lvl 16 (before adding gear and after)

Currently have over 48k sp.... and still going :banghead:

SERVER: cSRO 2nd div || IGN: Drizzt || Lvl: 2x rouge || STATUS: slicing and dicing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:17 pm 
Common Member

I'm The Dan wrote:
One thing I haven't been doing is quests though.. should I be getting the XP off of quests? I don't get SP while doing that, so I thought that was bad.

Yes, you should be doing the quests. You still get xp/sp for killing monsters while questing and some of the quests give sp for rewards. I've been going out to do quests, then spending extra time in the area hunting things that die fairly quick even after filling the quest quota.

I'm currently lvl 14@92% and have 1140 sp. I've followed the guide pretty much as written. Difference being, I got one lvl of Wolf Bite Spear for the extra damage against the low level monsters. It seemed worth it to me, 2 sp, cost 29 mp to use.

I do "farm" areas for sp, but I'm not doing any farming "tricks" like the Bandit Archer one-shot-kill thing. I've been going after foes that give what I consider to be a good sp/hits to kill. Right now that seems to be Young Tigers and Tigers.

I've got level 14, heuksal and cold at lvl 6, ice river force at lvl 1, Protectors and a lvl 13 Cavalry Long Pike +1 that dropped for me. Using just the cold imbue, Young Tigers drop in 4 hits for 177 sp, Tigers drop in 5-6 hits for 196 sp. Not spectacular, but seems decent to me.

I may or may not try some more aggresive farming in a couple more levels. I'll see how things are going then.

Thank you so very much, kagenutto, for the excellent guide! I tried a Silkroad character a few months ago and didn't have a clue where or when to spend skill points. I had a weak character and no idea what to do with her. I quit out of frustration. I've re-roled her and things are SO much better this time. Just having a plan of action makes a huge difference. Knowing that I only need to spend points for those first few levels gives some breathing room while reading up on builds to decide what I eventually want to do. Very helpful.

Post subject: PLease, no.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:04 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I'm level 5 and I have restarted my character. I didn't realive that having 1 mastery would make much difference but apparently reading someone's comment, it does. Should i start all over and keep my mastery at 0 unti lvl 10??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:35 pm 

Great guide, im at lvl 17 with my charachter, but im restarting for lack of sp, and it was a noob character, but thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:08 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey, I'm a level 13 character, and I have 7 level gap, and I already find it such a bore to farm sp already... I'm thinking of just keeping a 5 level gap so that I can level and have fun and gain sp at the same time, is that a good idea? If not, please tell me what I should try.

One more question, if I have a level 5 in more than 1 mastery (e.g. level 5 fire, level 5 lightning, level 5 heuskal), is my skill level considered only level 5? And if the levels were different (5,4,3), will it only count the highest level?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:21 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

what if my mastery lv is more than my lv? example: i add my mastery lv to max up to my current lv (lv27), then i get killed to down my lv to 21 (so that the gap is 6). how will the ratio be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:11 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

great thanks for u(((((( kagenutto))))
its very helpfull
can any one answer me plz if this game is completly free or not ?
so i can reach all maps without real money ??

thnx for answering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:47 am 
Banned User

Good ehm guide. I am starting my character over because I did exactly what you said and am currenly level 20 with 19 pacheon mastery. Thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:40 am 

Wasup everyone? Ok great guide now I have a question when people delvl back from 17 to 16 or 20 to 19, what does that do? honestly I don't get why people delvl back down? does it give you more sp? also do you lose your hp when you delvl? I'm just wondering? like I said I'm confused can someone please take their time and explain it to me gracias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:41 pm 
Casual Member

They delevel to remain at bandit camp so they can farm some more.
The reasons for farming at bandit camp are already stated.
You do not lose sp when u delevel from 19 to 16. You lose 2% exp each time you die. Your stat points (STR/INT) are not reset for you to use again.

SERVER: cSRO 2nd div || IGN: Drizzt || Lvl: 2x rouge || STATUS: slicing and dicing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next