Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Wizard, subclass Cleric. I have some doubts...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:15 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Very useful hints...
since she's sub Cleric, I'm trying to understand whether is more useful the Group Healing or the Healing Division.
Furthermore, they get mixed up with the Blessed Recovery line which is quite similar...
:|

Confused
(looking forward lvl 40 to have Recovery Division!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:32 pm 
Loyal Member

Elfina wrote:
Very useful hints...
since she's sub Cleric, I'm trying to understand whether is more useful the Group Healing or the Healing Division.
Furthermore, they get mixed up with the Blessed Recovery line which is quite similar...
:|

Confused
(looking forward lvl 40 to have Recovery Division!)

for a solo wiz, go with the healing division for now, I think it has less aggro.

I actually didn't take much group healing, and haven't needed it, as once you get past 80 and get healing orbit, recovery division keeps most hp up and the occasional healing favor cast helps when one or two people's hp are dropping fast. I may need to add it once I can farm more SP.

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Do you think she should take Intelligence passive skill from the Force Mental Line?
"Enables you to consume less MP when using Wizard skill by studying how to effectively deal with mana."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 pm 
Loyal Member

Elfina wrote:
Do you think she should take Intelligence passive skill from the Force Mental Line?
"Enables you to consume less MP when using Wizard skill by studying how to effectively deal with mana."

Yes.

Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:48 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Wassup??
Elfina is not wanting to write for me, so I have to make an account :D
I am 49 now and I die more than other wizards, without life control.
With life control I die immediately.
I was with a wizard lvl 50 at the Mujigi and he can resist a party mujigi, I die after 2 hits.
He has buys Robe from Protector seller, I have good Light Armor (no SOS).
I don't understand.
Should I use Robe? I don't think so...

Also...
Wind Charge is useful but since I die a lot maybe I should reskill Lightning and use Earth.
I can have Earth Shock that is very used... is it more damage than Charged Wind?
And so with Earth I can use Earth Barrier! Looks good to die less!

What do ya think?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:40 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Acid_ina wrote:
Wassup??
Elfina is not wanting to write for me, so I have to make an account :D
I am 49 now and I die more than other wizards, without life control.
With life control I die immediately.
I was with a wizard lvl 50 at the Mujigi and he can resist a party mujigi, I die after 2 hits.
He has buys Robe from Protector seller, I have good Light Armor (no SOS).
I don't understand.
Should I use Robe? I don't think so...

Also...
Wind Charge is useful but since I die a lot maybe I should reskill Lightning and use Earth.
I can have Earth Shock that is very used... is it more damage than Charged Wind?
And so with Earth I can use Earth Barrier! Looks good to die less!

What do ya think?

Woot... no replies during Christmas holidays?
:(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:42 am 
Ex-Staff

Did he have a prem?devil?def scrolls? Maybe he had earth barrier up? Or he was just hybrid. You have to grind on mobs you can 1shot without LC or with LC but you gotta be able to take atleast one hit then (mag mobs usually do the trick).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 pm 
Common Member

Upgrade your accessories if you havent yet.
Upgrade Armor to the latest.
also, take both Earth and Light, and ofcourse Fire and Ice. You need them all.
For earth, when fighting stronger mobs, like pt mobs and giants, you can use earth barrier.
Light saves your life alot, try to use charged wind for the knockback effect when getting ganged. then teleport away. I would take the fear effect lightning skill too. Cast it on giant before fighting it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:44 pm 

Well I can tell you about both subs.

Cleric:
Under level 40, it might be a problem.
On 24 you will get Bless => Life saver vs giants.
Healing cycle might be helpfull as well.
On 40 you will get your recovery division and healing should be the biggest issue now. Picking the right mobs should be now.

Bard:
As soon as you got noise and moving march you are able to kill mobs easily. But be aware that any giant / party mob will most likely kill you. Doesnt matter which level you are, you must avoid those.

In pvp:
Cleric would be best, cuz bard wont help you at all

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:56 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

@ XMoshe: I know that most people on the forum would get upset, but using Life Control for long farming is not even thinkable. 2 mobs of your level on you, and you are doomed.
(and NO, sometimes you can't run away... maybe just 'cause you don't have the time to.
Sometimes I run, but with Light Armor I am not that fast, and the mob has often time to give me 1 or 2 more hits. And in some cases that's enough to die in any case.)

@ vacsux: Of course having both Earth and Lightning lines would be great... the problem is having enough SP to carry them on. I am lvl 50 now and I fear that adding Earth will be a problem for the skill points. But I think I will to have a easier life.
Lighting I think I will wait, maybe later.

@firefinal1: Recovery Division is a great skill... yet, it often doesn't avoid Party mobs to kill me :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:31 pm 
Ex-Staff

Acid_ina wrote:
@ XMoshe: I know that most people on the forum would get upset, but using Life Control for long farming is not even thinkable. 2 mobs of your level on you, and you are doomed.
(and NO, sometimes you can't run away... maybe just 'cause you don't have the time to.
Sometimes I run, but with Light Armor I am not that fast, and the mob has often time to give me 1 or 2 more hits. And in some cases that's enough to die in any case.)
Pick your mobs, make sure you can take atleast one hit and you should be fine. Only use single target nukes to avoid getting more mobs on you and make sure you 1shot them. Ofcourse I'm talking about regular mobs here.

@ vacsux: Of course having both Earth and Lightning lines would be great... the problem is having enough SP to carry them on. I am lvl 50 now and I fear that adding Earth will be a problem for the skill points. But I think I will to have a easier life.
Lighting I think I will wait, maybe later.
ATM lightning is only needed for that charged wind, to kb mobs when you get ganged. It's not needed to have it at max lvl. The higher the better ofcourse but it's not that needed you have to skip on earth attacks.

@firefinal1: Recovery Division is a great skill... yet, it often doesn't avoid Party mobs to kill me :(
Don't even try to attack pt mobs if you grind alone, avoid/ignore them. If you do attract one just switch to your rod/shield and heal yourself, turn bless on and take it out asap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

XMoshe wrote:
The higher the better ofcourse but it's not that needed you have to skip on earth attacks.

Sorry but not sure I got what you meant here.
For the rest, thanks.

Indeed it's a pity that the Earth Barrier is only 20 seconds, you might not want to cast it so often

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 pm 
Ex-Staff

Acid_ina wrote:
XMoshe wrote:
The higher the better ofcourse but it's not that needed you have to skip on earth attacks.

Sorry but not sure I got what you meant here.
For the rest, thanks.

Indeed it's a pity that the Earth Barrier is only 20 seconds, you might not want to cast it so often

The higher your charged wind the better but if it means you have to skip on earth attacks you don't have to max the skill. Well I would save the barrier till pt mobs/giants.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 pm 
Loyal Member

I don't like necroing, apologies, but it's pertinent in a way - since I left my bard/cleric and moved to Azteca, I played a wiz/cleric.

I found that you really need to pick your mobs. Slower mobs = better, magical mobs = better in robes.

I didn't really have any problems with the build, I followed the guides and picked my own skills too. I only have charged wind level 1 and rarely use it. Ice and fire bolt for grinding as Xmoshe stated.

I'm currently 5 gapped, lvl 79, grinding where I can. Lvl 86 mobs can one-shot me in Life Turnover but I have 9d Sun from the quest, so with scrolls/int/str I can barely one-shot them without LT. Not bad at all.

I can see without SoX it'd be tough at the lower levels but could still one-shot mobs my level even when gapped. Pimp your gear and weapon. I got a 42 SoX via magic pop, was lucky, but prior to that I used whatever tier weapon I could get - i.e. lvl 35 weapon @ 35, 38 weapon @ 38, etc.

So I'm still not sure what issues the OP's char had.

Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:11 am 
Valued Member

Wiz/cleric is to common.. i suggest making a diff char.. war/warlock , rogue/war .. something different.. more fun and challenging and tanky :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 am 
Forum Legend

^Soloing a wiz is a bitch at low lvls, after 4x it gets easy w/ healing cycle/bless/recovery

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out