Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [REQUEST/HELP] Warlock/bard Grinding
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:55 pm 

So Im goign to be starting Ksro soon and goign to be doing it as a lock/bard but I dont really know much about it, The guides here just hav ethe skilsl to get but not how to play as them.

For soloing Do you just use a DoT and run from mob to mob? or are other skills used in conjunction?

does it matter which DoT you use?

do you use only one DoT per mob or more?

What do you do when you get to Giants/champs and pt mobs?

Can locks take out uniques? How?

Can I have like a 4-5 gap and still be effective/grind quickly and awesomely?

Anything else to know?

Also how do you work warlocks in parties??

In the searching on the site I saw lots of videos a lot of people saying a warlock in the right hands is the fastest grinder in the game. I saw the videos, and while they look awesome I didnt really know what was going on...

help from a locking pro needed.

oh and I dont plan on going lock/cleric, just lock/bard. I eventually wanna be able t battle bard at high lvls in group pvp and grind with lock (or party pvp with it if needed)

thanks a lot! :yay:

Post subject: Re: [REQUEST/HELP] Warlock/bard Grinding
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 pm 

I have a warlock/cleric and i can answer some of the questions. I rather play in pts than soloing though. Some answers might be rather usefull for pts than for soloing.

Sangraal wrote:
So Im goign to be starting Ksro soon and goign to be doing it as a lock/bard but I dont really know much about it, The guides here just hav ethe skilsl to get but not how to play as them.

For soloing Do you just use a DoT and run from mob to mob? or are other skills used in conjunction?

does it matter which DoT you use? There are different effects on the DOTs. The first one does burn, the next one posion, the 3rd bleed, and the 4th dull. As the effects of bleed and dull are stronger than burn and poison, i'd rather suggest using the 3rd and 4th DoT. At least for pting it's enough to have Decay and Curse Breath at the end and all 4 of the AoE-DoTs, as they can stack, if you use them on nearby monsters.

do you use only one DoT per mob or more? Usually you can use 2 DoTs per monster. If you have some other monsters nearby you can even put 3 or more dots on one monster by using AoE-DoTs on the nearby monster. You should consider though, that AoE-DoTs need more cast time than single-target DoTs.

What do you do when you get to Giants/champs and pt mobs? As warlock/cleric giants/champs and pt monsters are not really a big deal. I don't really know about warlock/bards though. If your set isn't good enough you should probably use Vampire + Sleep on the giant or pt monster and just run away until it wakes up again. Champions shouldn't be a big deal even as warlock/bard. With a better set, you could try to fight giants or pt monsters too. Then you should always use vampire moves first, after that debuffs, trap, sleep (it won't wake up even if you attack then), DoTs, Shadow Armor, Warlock nuke and throw in a stun once in a while.

Can locks take out uniques? How? Well, if there are same level wizards in the pt, it's quite obvious that they will deal more dmg and get the kill. If there are no wizards and rogues (or maybe nuker with good weapon) you are probably the next one to get the kill. For me it's usually enough to kill higher uniques together with my pt, i don't really care, who actually kills it. For me it's enough to know, that i helped at the kill, even if my name doesn't show in the end.

Can I have like a 4-5 gap and still be effective/grind quickly and awesomely? A gap will always decrease your attack power and defence. I'd advice you to farm mainly in pts, as in an euro pt, your gap doesn't really matter that much. You'll definitely notice, that you get less EXP too with gap 4-5.

Anything else to know?

Also how do you work warlocks in parties?? Well, you just try to use DoTs on every single monster in your range. At the beginning it's kinda hard, as you need to select every single monster, but later on you'll get AoE-DoTs. That will make your job a lot easier. Besides that, you can put more than 2 DoTs on the same monster then, for example a giant pt. You should just debuff (only Weaken, Impotent, Division. Decay is not really needed, as DDs in pts are usually int) the stronger monsters, such as pt champions, giants and pt giants. Regular monsters or pt monsters usually die very fast in a good pt even without DoTs. You should try to always refresh Scream Mask on the cleric and either the tanking (not the luring) warrior or that int-character, which gets the most hits, if both warriors are luring and tanking. I know that the cool down is only 2 minutes, but it's really a usefull skill, at least if you are high enough to stun the monsters with it.

In the searching on the site I saw lots of videos a lot of people saying a warlock in the right hands is the fastest grinder in the game. I saw the videos, and while they look awesome I didnt really know what was going on...

help from a locking pro needed.

oh and I dont plan on going lock/cleric, just lock/bard. I eventually wanna be able t battle bard at high lvls in group pvp and grind with lock (or party pvp with it if needed)

thanks a lot! :yay: