Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help with Rogues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Me and my buddy decided to make a pair of rogues, and this is what we're thinking:

xbow/cleric
daggers/bard

We'd pretty much be party playing with these, so would this route be a good idea?

Post subject: Re: Help with Rogues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:37 pm 
Loyal Member

Sure, you'd probably be using your sub a lot in parties though. Rogues aren't as good as warriors for tanking.

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:57 am 
Frequent Member

Why not go 1h/cleric and xbow/bard? less sp for both of you, faster grind and what not. You could even go 2h/cleric if you're mostly gonna play together since xbow can hit mobs that are knocked down.

Theseus - lvl 5x - warrior/rogue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:02 am 
Loyal Member

campananico wrote:
Me and my buddy decided to make a pair of rogues, and this is what we're thinking:

xbow/cleric
daggers/bard

We'd pretty much be party playing with these, so would this route be a good idea?

If you're dead set on 1 weapon, think it should be flipped.

cleric subbed one can just get lv1 of fast shot and a low lvl xbow, just to lure ... and with Recovery Division on and Healing Cycle / Self Buffs (Physical / Soul Deity) ...you can tank your lures just fine.

And since you'll be 8/8 partying, you could hold aggro if you spam Group Heals (Str Clerics are kind of the main method of holding aggro in ksro)

The Bard Sub one could be a lurer as well, but in all honesty, think if you're gonna get a bard sub, it's easier / better just to use it (Bard). Having the Noise and Mana Cycle skills, the only thing you'll really be needing on your return to town is to repair your harp and a bit of your armor if a mob gets away from the tanker / aggro holder. That's purely speaking in terms of cost wise of the build.

Bard Skills for pt play are kind of simple. Tambours (Guard, Mana, Hit / Clout March), Moving March, Mana Cycle / Orbit (important), and Dancing of Magic / Wizardry. Can get Rave Melody, but it's really not as necessary.