Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Final character request
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:49 pm 
Casual Member

Hi,

I asked in my previous posts for my Warrior/Cleric build, but I´m not happy with it, I need to change from staff to sword and vice versa (to cast a buff).

Now I want to choose between Xbow char., Dagger char., and Wizzard/Cleric. But I don´t know who can deal the most damage, what is the role of each of them in the game (most damage, buffs...)

p.s.: I preffer Wizzard/Cleric, I would like to get more informations regarding this build.
e.g. do I need to change staffs when I cast a cleric buff than a wizzard buff(between light staff, and dark staff)

Big THANKS =)

Post subject: Re: Final character request
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:09 pm 

Weapon switching has to be done anyway to do any cleric buffs.
So if you dont like to switch weapons switch to chinese :)

for most damage:
Wiz cleric with offering. Thats highest damage possible.

Highest damage party:
Wizard with area attacks.

Highest crits:
Daggers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:23 pm 
Casual Member

Thanks, but can you explain me the switching please, how I Can remember wizzard uses just like cleric a staff, so why would you need to switch.

I saw the offering buff but I meant something that you mentioned, like the party buffs I saw them most casting by people, is it only good for parties or it can be good also for PvP and Soloing.

I´m new to this so if it´s maybe even better to have an other sub class, just tell me

thanks again =)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:40 pm 
Casual Member

And, what´s the difference if you have a 1 degree staff or a 10 if you cast anyway only buffs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 am 

a wiz staff can not be used to cast cleric buffs and vice versa. thats you you would have to switch.. depending on the cleric buff you can cast some on yourself but most of them are for parties/other players. as far as the degrees. the higher the degree the more damage you do for attacking. if your only going to be buffing then you still want to have the highest degree because some buffs reflect off the attack damage rating on the weapon. for example: if you heal someone with a 1 degree cleric rod it would heal them 2k. but if you used that same skill but with a 10 degree cleric rod then you would heal 20k

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:40 am 
Common Member

the buffs a cleric has to offer improve str and int (they can only be cast on other people and disappear after you change weapons. the buffs which can be cast on yourself improve defence one for magic and one for physical they disappear when you change weapon as well.

the buffs which dont go away after you swap back to wiz staff are holy word (helps with status ailments) Recovery division and bless. (these are the only ones i know of havent tested cleric much as i stick to these. also i tend to just have a regular cleric rod for my degree and ive been fine in terms of being healed as recovery division reflects the magic attack on the weapon.

6x Wizard/Cleric
IGN: Nodoka
Guild: Armathyx
6x S/s int hybrid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 am 
Addicted Member

BokiLT wrote:
Thanks, but can you explain me the switching please, how I Can remember wizzard uses just like cleric a staff, so why would you need to switch.

I saw the offering buff but I meant something that you mentioned, like the party buffs I saw them most casting by people, is it only good for parties or it can be good also for PvP and Soloing.

I´m new to this so if it´s maybe even better to have an other sub class, just tell me

thanks again =)

about the weapon switching you can put first weapon at skill bar ( 1 ) and second weapon at skillbar ( 2 ) to easy change weapons or you can put them on the quick skill bar which can be accessed by Space + ( 1-0 ) , i put my weapons , shield ( if char uses shield ) , Vigors ,Wolf , important skills there.

Last edited by The Invisible on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:11 pm 
Elite Member

If u don't want switching, go chinese. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 pm 

omier44 wrote:

But if switching is bothering you, it really shouldnt.
Because you can master switching in 2hours perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:50 pm 

Nitro wrote:
omier44 wrote:

But if switching is bothering you, it really shouldnt.
Because you can master switching in 2hours perfectly.

And if you're really good, you can pre-switch to account for the latency from your computer to Korea.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm 
Casual Member

Sir_Edward wrote:
a wiz staff can not be used to cast cleric buffs and vice versa. thats you you would have to switch.. depending on the cleric buff you can cast some on yourself but most of them are for parties/other players. as far as the degrees. the higher the degree the more damage you do for attacking. if your only going to be buffing then you still want to have the highest degree because some buffs reflect off the attack damage rating on the weapon. for example: if you heal someone with a 1 degree cleric rod it would heal them 2k. but if you used that same skill but with a 10 degree cleric rod then you would heal 20k

Is There a formula that represent the exact number e.g. of healing or damage with the degrees, how I saw you can attack direct with a staff but does it´s stats reflect on the buff aswell
e.g. when you cast a spell with 2500 damage and the staff has a stat with 350 mag. atc. is it than 2500 + 350 or another factor

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm 
Casual Member

And one more thing, I read a lot of guides as I mentioned above, but it seems not logical to me to take the last row from cleric, it stays only if you have cleric rod on, but I want to use this sub only for reverse, healing orbit, recovery division... and to quick switch back to wizzard staff (so the buffs from the last row would dissapear)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm 
Addicted Member

BokiLT wrote:
And one more thing, I read a lot of guides as I mentioned above, but it seems not logical to me to take the last row from cleric, it stays only if you have cleric rod on, but I want to use this sub only for reverse, healing orbit, recovery division... and to quick switch back to wizzard staff (so the buffs from the last row would dissapear)

that's why i left cleric only 2-4 skills you can use on yourself when you remove the staff .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 pm 
Elite Member

Blessed Recovery is the most useful tree for soloing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:58 pm 
Addicted Member

omier44 wrote:
Blessed Recovery is the most useful tree for soloing.

That's What i heard Before i tried it , but i don't like cleric anymore as they are everywhere and i almost only got the cleric tree because of ress and recovery division which i found out that it is not as great as i thought . bless maybe the only spell i will miss but i can live without it , i didn't use it much anyway .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 pm 
Casual Member

Well, it´s true, more than 60% of all players on my server that I saw have a sub cleric, but it´s just a matter of opinion.

But one thing still remains uncleared, how much does a staff stat gives damage to a buff exactly (detailed question in my previous post)