Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rogue/Cleric or China Bow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:15 am 
Veteran Member

I've been trying to decide between a Rogue/Cleric and a Chinese Bow, Ive never done either and the only reason I held back from a Bow character in the past was their lack of KB and stuff which has of course been resolved. I am not familiar with how Hybriding a Bow would effect it, Id maybe stick to pure str if i did it.

I love to PvP, PvE doesnt really matter to me. Interested in both little 1v1 fights or group. Bugs me that a Rogue has no sort of AoE, although Pacheon's maybe doesn't really matter in pvp.

Maybe its an appearance thing (LA characters look tiny and scrawny compared to a china character for whatever reason), but I don't think of a Rogue as all that durable in PvP. Like it would be dropped relatively easy. I suppose that is where the cleric sub would come in however to aid it.

And Don't know if a Pacheon Bow can do great damage or is it just a nuisance of interrupting people.

Rogue would be Xbox/Daggers + needed cleric skills for sub
Bow Would be Fire/Ice possibly? Maybe a Fire/Light bow with 20Ice.

Just curious, if people have experience with either or both, how they do in pvp these days. Anyone willing to break down the two against others is appreciated. Probably will end up being XMoshe. I am still considering that hybrid nuker, but I've done it on every server I've played and am considering trying something else maybe :P So help!

Post subject: Re: Rogue/Cleric or China Bow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:06 am 
Ex-Staff

Yeah it'll probably be me ;] xD

Both chars are fun to play, I had an archer ofcourse and I pvped with rogue chars a few times. The strength of an archer lays in their crits, that's why I'm never a fan of going hybrid with an archer. Yeah enough people will disagree with me on this but unless you have some awesome sun bow you will need crits to finish of your enemies. I can't tell you much about pvping since I was a force char although a fire/ice archer is a good damage, decent tanking build given the fact you got enough sp ;] Both walls will help you through the pvp's if you know how to properly use them.

A rogue/cleric needs fast weapon switching, from xbow to daggers after a kd attack to your cleric rod to keep healing cycle up. I wouldn't say a rogue/cleric is weak, it packs a hell of a punch if you can get some nice crits, if you got decent wep sometimes even one combo is enough to take out your opponent. I had alot of fun pvping 1v1 with a friends rogue/cleric.

Hmm, I have never pvped often in groups so I can't say much besides the fact that a rogue/cleric is probably more usefull since it has his cleric sub.

Hopefully it cleared some things up, otherwise I was just jammering about nothing haha :]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:35 pm 
Veteran Member

It does help thank you :)

Yes, I figured while both are pretty much not gonna aid a party too much, the rogue could at least res/bless. Ive seen videos and an archer and rogue were almost even a majority of it, both for the most part looking for crits. I would be sure to farm up whichever I made, so just trying to decide between the two.

Would you say a Rogue can do better damage of the two and Bow can tank a bit better?

Im trying to see if there is any big playing style difference between the two but cant see all that much. I feel like a rogue would kinda rely on the same combo over and over to kill someone (Kd, DD, whatever wounds or something). It seems like chinese have a bit more to choose from in strategy, but I guess eventually you do end up kind of spamming the same attacks either way whatever class you are.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:00 pm 
Frequent Member

for the whole tanking and dmg dealing question. Pretty much all euro's do more dmg than their counterpart chinese however it comes at the cost of pot delay and restriction on armour depending on your class as well as mastery level(class skill tree level).

As far as tanking goes then theoretically with bless/heal cycle/holy word/blessing buffs rogues can tank better than bows in LA with rod/shield. This is ofc something at the late game levels(60+) when you have some decent gear to back you up.

Theseus - lvl 5x - warrior/rogue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:00 pm 
Ex-Staff

When they both have their wep out the chinese can tank way better because of the no pot delay. When you take cleric into account a rogue will probably be able to tank more and I don't just mean by hiding behind his cleric rod/shield. Also during the pvp a rogue will have to switch weapons alot while an archer doesn't have to do that much to pvp decently.

You will need good gear on both chars if you want to pvp properly but that's a given for any build.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:26 pm 
Veteran Member

Well, think Im gonna go with a rogue then. Would help a group more and it could be fun. Thanks for advice/opinion guys. appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:56 pm 
Addicted Member

noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:05 pm 
Loyal Member

non ego man wrote:
noob

This

You delvling warrior or just rerolling? lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 pm 
Forum God

Go rogue/cleric. At least that way you can at get into parties occasionally, weather it be rogue luring, should they be missing a tank, or str clericing.

Oh and this...

non ego man wrote:
noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 am 
Loyal Member

Someone's going turkler + foob on us now...I'm running out of boxes trying to keep you guys semi-current >=(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:02 am 
Veteran Member

Im talking about an alt, relax all of you lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:43 am 
Forum God

*puts down pitchfork*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:16 pm 
Addicted Member

Rogue/Cleric