Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Unique build
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 pm 
Frequent Member

Since i started playing Silkroad ive always wanted a unique build to be different from people because i hate being just like every other fire/cold str or warrior/cleric. So i made a full force fire/light/cold nuker on zszc and everything was going great till it came to pvp and eventually went fire/cold/spear.

Anyways i was thinking about some other unique builds and i came across spear/cold/force.

Now i know it sounds kinda weird at first but when you think about it things kinda add up.
You have Spear as your weapon tree and it gives extra hp. You have Force with the debuffs, heals and extra mp. Then you have Cold where i think this build stands out, because the Force passive gives you extra mp you should be able to handle cap Snow Shield. Plus the cold imbue would be really annoying for people that arent immune.

Was also considering maybe you could go 9:1 hybrid im not sure though, i would have to do the calculations on how much mana the passive gives at cap and how much you would have being full int or 9:1. I know this wouldnt be the best pvp build because a lot of people would complain that your using cap snow and that your using the cold imbue but i kinda like the idea.
ohh almost forgot to say that i would use protector.

Anyways this was just a thought, let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by cbkilla on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Unique build
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:58 pm 
Forum Legend

What you forgot about is the nukes..Cold has epicly weak nukes, and even if you dont use nukes for grinding, your dmg would still be weak w/ cold imbue. With weaker damage, i doubt you'd be able to kill a (good) player before snow shield runs out, though you'd totally pwn non-imune builds, or atleast annoy them lol

Also forgot the magic dmg buff from Lighting, and ofc speed.

Obviously a unique-ish build, but well, doesnt really "add up" lol

Good luck though ;p

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 pm 
Frequent Member

UnbeatableDevil wrote:
What you forgot about is the nukes..Cold has epicly weak nukes, and even if you dont use nukes for grinding, your dmg would still be weak w/ cold imbue. With weaker damage, i doubt you'd be able to kill a (good) player before snow shield runs out, though you'd totally pwn non-imune builds, or atleast annoy them lol

Good luck though ;p

Im pretty sure with the debuffs the nukes would do decent dmg if the dont w/e but if the do its a bonus to me, not something im counting on. Cold imbue does barely any less dmg then the fire imbue and this has been proven before by Goseki in his thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=122914
light magic buff = debuffs and speed can be bought.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:12 am 
Ex-Staff

I knew a guy who was a hybrid int heuk/cold/force, I'm not 100% sure on his str/int distribution but he raped face with his char. Believe me, you don't need nukes with this build. Everything you do dmg wise is based on spearskills.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:16 pm 
Frequent Member

XMoshe wrote:
I knew a guy who was a hybrid int heuk/cold/force, I'm not 100% sure on his str/int distribution but he raped face with his char. Believe me, you don't need nukes with this build. Everything you do dmg wise is based on spearskills.

Thats exactly what i was hoping to hear :D
Do you remember if he had the max Snow Shield or not? cause if he had the max ss im guessing he wasnt a heavy hybrid which is what i was planning on doing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm 
Veteran Member

I helped farm my friend's Pach/Ice/Force int hybrid bower. It kinda sucked, but the kb helped keep it alive. Spear might be better since it does have higher mag dmg. Good luck.

110 will be pretty pwnage. Stun debuff, debuff, then whack away. Spear is hella strong this cap. My friend has a 110 Fire Ice Heuk pure int, and with his +7 egypt spear, my god... Warriors die in 1 nuke + ghost spear. Bowers die from the double spear throw + ghost spear. He hits like 20k on spear and 40k on nukes... it hurts. I can only tank while I have snow shield on. Without snow... ouchies...

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 pm 
Frequent Member

Goseki wrote:
I helped farm my friend's Pach/Ice/Force int hybrid bower. It kinda sucked, but the kb helped keep it alive. Spear might be better since it does have higher mag dmg. Good luck.

110 will be pretty pwnage. Stun debuff, debuff, then whack away. Spear is hella strong this cap. My friend has a 110 Fire Ice Heuk pure int, and with his +7 egypt spear, my god... Warriors die in 1 nuke + ghost spear. Bowers die from the double spear throw + ghost spear. He hits like 20k on spear and 40k on nukes... it hurts. I can only tank while I have snow shield on. Without snow... ouchies...

Yea i mean worst case if the build doesnt work out or i dont like it i can just reskill force to fire and ill be back at my favorite build :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:23 am 
Ex-Staff

No he was pretty heavy hybrid, but the force passive gives you a good amount of mp ;] I think he was able to use like a 50% snow still. Or maybe a maxed book before that so like 45%

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:57 am 

There is a guy on EOS who has a pretty unique build, he is Bicheon/Heuksal/Cold and he is actually is good at pvp, I think he is hybird as he can tank quite well.

He is 104 and I seen him tank a 110 warrior with a egy 2h+10 for about 3 minutes, he was using snow shield during that.

Globals - 14 Silk
Seeing A GM Wearing A T-shirt From A Bot Company - Priceless

Spoiler!

Disconn3cted wrote:
he just said the USA was the most powerful country in the universe. For some reason that made me lol hard!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:25 am 
Frequent Member

The only thing that worries me about going hybrid is if you screw up the ratio you cant fix it later. The 2 ratios that i really seem to like are 9:1 and 70:69. I know its kinda weird since one is barely a hybrid and the other is a heavy hybrid. I guess i'll go look on youtube for some videos =p

Edit: after watching some videos im really liking 1:2 and 69:70 hybrids. 69:70 is a little more hybrid then 1:2 is so i guess i have to decide between those two.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:18 pm 
Forum Legend

cbkilla wrote:
UnbeatableDevil wrote:

Good luck though ;p

Im pretty sure with the debuffs the nukes would do decent dmg if the dont w/e but if the do its a bonus to me, not something im counting on. Cold imbue does barely any less dmg then the fire imbue and this has been proven before by Goseki in his thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=122914
light magic buff = debuffs and speed can be bought.

What i meant by nukes was for grinding, im pretty sure you wouldn't debuffing every mob ;p
With a 70:69 you wouldnt really be using nukes for pve anyways, but then 110 cold would seem unnecessary.

Also about speed, yeah you can buy speed pots, but using up 100k for each grind (i think they are 50k each right?) kinda gets costly, especially at lower lvls.

Let her suck my pistol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:29 pm 
Frequent Member

Yea i probably wont be using nukes for grinding ill just stick with the spear moves but I would have to take cold to 110 since its my imbue.

I guess speed pots do get expensive, ill just buy them when i can afford them and when i cant ill just run slow =p

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:17 pm 
Forum Legend

Id suggest getting light to 12, that way you'll atleast have 40% speed (if you wear garms ofc), then delvl it later when you are farming :p

Let her suck my pistol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:17 am 
Frequent Member

UnbeatableDevil wrote:
Id suggest getting light to 12, that way you'll atleast have 40% speed (if you wear garms ofc), then delvl it later when you are farming :p

I was planning on going prot with full int, but with such a heavy hybrid i think garm would be better to lower mp usage. Then again most of my pvp is going to be against str chars (excpet wizard but i dont consider that pvp). Dunno what to chose :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 am 
Ex-Staff

cbkilla wrote:
UnbeatableDevil wrote:

I was planning on going prot with full int, but with such a heavy hybrid i think garm would be better to lower mp usage. Then again most of my pvp is going to be against str chars (excpet wizard but i dont consider that pvp). Dunno what to chose :?

You're getting max ice so I'd take garm, don't underestimate the amount of int chars. Well ofcourse that can differ per server I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:04 pm 
Forum Legend

W/e you chose, get garms for grinding :p
I'd say get prot at cap, since its a good balance vs. s/s ints and warriors/glaivers

Let her suck my pistol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:55 am 
Frequent Member

Hmm, guess ill have to test out both garms and prot.