Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Should I get offering on my warlock/cleric?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 am 

I have an sp deficient level 76 (7 gap) warlock/cleric which has 10 warrior for knock back. Up to now, I have not leveled offering for several reasons: 1 - Lack of sp, 2 - I didn't think I needed it to win at PVP, 3 - I have 10 warrior for shield trash.

However, someone recently pointed out to me that my best chance to win against warrior/clerics and rogue/clerics is if I use offering. It is very difficult to win against them using just DOT's and warlock nukes, because their damage is too high.

My questions are:

1 - Should I get offering? I would probably only use it against the 2 builds mentioned above.
2 - If I get offering, would I HAVE to get rid of my 10 warrior so that it does enough damage?
3 - Or could I continue with my current build, and hope that between the 2 stuns and knock back I can do enough warlock damage to kill these 2 builds without offering?

Please don't tell me to start over and sp farm. I am not interested in being 11d nor do I have the time and resources to do this. I just want to have fun at whatever level I am.

Thanks for your input.

Post subject: Re: Should I get offering on my warlock/cleric?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 am 
Addicted Member

I think offering is a helpful skill and it helps facing pt giants and in pvp ( just don't forget to cast an hp recovery skill on yourself before you cast offering as it takes 95% of your hp to cast ) , you may not need to remove the 10 warrior , yet .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 am 
Ex-Staff

The Invisible wrote:
I think offering is a helpful skill and it helps facing pt giants and in pvp ( just don't forget to cast an hp recovery skill on yourself before you cast offering as it takes 95% of your hp to cast ) , you may not need to remove the 10 warrior , yet .

Goodluck using it on a PTG (or giant for that matter) if you solo. 5% left over, lucky hit and you're dead.

Still it's a good and fun skill to have. I used to be able to 1hit people like 15-20 lvl's higher with my lvl 80 cleric (sun rod though) xD But if you are up till now doing fine without it I would just let it slide for now untill you have the extra sp to spare.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 am 

I have got offering on my wiz/cleric but I don't use it in cape pvp as I think it's noob but when in job war or someone attacks me in job cave, I just rape them with it.

Nova +7 cleric rod and max offering 110, 1 shot without doubt.

Globals - 14 Silk
Seeing A GM Wearing A T-shirt From A Bot Company - Priceless

Spoiler!

Disconn3cted wrote:
he just said the USA was the most powerful country in the universe. For some reason that made me lol hard!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:39 am 
Ex-Staff

SneakyBanana wrote:
I have got offering on my wiz/cleric but I don't use it in cape pvp as I think it's noob but when in job war or someone attacks me in job cave, I just rape them with it.

Nova +7 cleric rod and max offering 110, 1 shot without doubt.

Block on shield user?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am 

I suppose but a I would say still 70/80% chance of a none block.

Globals - 14 Silk
Seeing A GM Wearing A T-shirt From A Bot Company - Priceless

Spoiler!

Disconn3cted wrote:
he just said the USA was the most powerful country in the universe. For some reason that made me lol hard!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 pm 
Addicted Member

XMoshe wrote:
The Invisible wrote:

Goodluck using it on a PTG (or giant for that matter) if you solo. 5% left over, lucky hit and you're dead.

Still it's a good and fun skill to have. I used to be able to 1hit people like 15-20 lvl's higher with my lvl 80 cleric (sun rod though) xD But if you are up till now doing fine without it I would just let it slide for now untill you have the extra sp to spare.

O Well it is risky but it helps alot at killing a giant fast , it is not that hard to avoid getting attacked for 5 seconds until some potions and the healing skill return +50% of your hp .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:24 pm 
SRF Herald

Take it.
Awesome damage.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:43 am 

I guess I will leave it for now, since I don't have enough sp for it. If I still can't kill warrior/clerics and rogue/clerics with 2 stuns and a knockback, then I'll look into getting offering again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:01 pm 
Veteran Member

You will need it. With warlock trap+sleep trick no longer working, they're not as strong as before. Combined with holy spell of euros and the fact that 80% of euros have cleric sub now, it's tough for a warlock to kill with just normal attacks.

Although Offering is hella cheap, it works. Using Offering in a pvp is like bringing an A-bomb to a knife fight...

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:50 pm 
Common Member

U can pvp great at this cap without offering, hidden/sleep bug.

healing orbit, 2 dots, adv. reflect/reflect, dusk armor,stun, nuke1, nuke2.... etc.

Offering is waste of SP, skill it only, when u have the sp...

Better LvUp your Dots (when you are Pure Int).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 pm 

Yea, I never used trap sleep bug vs same level people. I do have DOTs maxed as well as reflect/shadow armor but I don't have much opportunity to use those two in pvp because I keep having to switch to cleric to heal. I use reflect against high level wizzies though :twisted: It's great when it works, then I go to safe and uncape while laughing at them.