Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Warlock / Bard?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:18 pm 

Uhm, yeah... I fealt the urge to get myself a bard, don't really know why but ^^ And I don't really want to make a Cleric / Bard, nor do I want a wizard, so I thought about the warlock. I know that all the warlocks go for cleric as sub, but I'm going to play as a PT bard most of the time, so I'm just going to use warlock if I need to solo.

So is this build possible or, straight into the trashcan?

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:
technically speaking all i need is DOT for dull and wheel bind to kill a chinese char but the other stuff just adds salt to the wounds

im telling i never lose to chinese

edit: and if ur the type to throw up a fire wall or ice wall, i just walk away and sit down lol

Post subject: Re: Warlock / Bard?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 pm 
Ex-Staff

If you don't plan on trying 1v1 with it then go for it. It works fine solo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:12 pm 

Na I don't wanna PvP. But what about PT play? Because that's what i wanna do with it, like be the bard of the PT. And in case I don't find a PT I'll use the warlock tree? =)

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:
technically speaking all i need is DOT for dull and wheel bind to kill a chinese char but the other stuff just adds salt to the wounds

edit: and if ur the type to throw up a fire wall or ice wall, i just walk away and sit down lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm 
Valued Member

yea good idea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:31 pm 
Ex-Staff

apan wrote:
Na I don't wanna PvP. But what about PT play? Because that's what i wanna do with it, like be the bard of the PT. And in case I don't find a PT I'll use the warlock tree? =)

In a party your sub doesn't matter, that is a party that kind of knows how to properly play. When none are around you can idd just use lock to grind.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:09 pm 

Location: Beyond hell, above heaven and then two houses to the left.
Well lock works well it pt.. the basic bard buffs will be really helpfull when grinding..
and if you add mana cycle, tambors dances, the marches and the passives.. you will fill the bard spot in the pt quite easy =)

Never done it personaly (will try)
But my guildleader has this build.. =)

ofc someone will say that cler will benefit you alot more with warlock as main.. but a good Bard is just as important as a bloody cler :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 pm 

Just so you guys don't misunderstand me, I'm not making a Warlock with Bard as sub. I'm making a fully working PT-Bard, with Warlock as sub. Because then I can switch to Warlock when there are no PT's for me to join :)

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 am 

I think you'll end up with a large number of the warlock skills anyway :P. You'll need several DOT's, applicable debuff skills, stun (and maybe sleep), vampire touch, and the nukes just to train. It should work quite well as long as you aren't in areas with lots of other players when you have to solo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:37 am 

As Oryx said, you will end up with a number of Warlock skills if you want to grind solo as Warlock and hence it will be quite an SP intensive build. However it will work well and there is nothing stopping you from being a full time Bard in a party with this build.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am 

Meh, I'll just go with Bard, only. SP cheap and I don't really want anything else :)

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 am 

U need a sub sooner or later... have 1 gap and add wizz with the most important nukes for getting lvls faster? D:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:53 am 

CloneZ wrote:
U need a sub sooner or later... have 1 gap and add wizz with the most important nukes for getting lvls faster? D:

I don't think I'll need a sub. Bard has attack skills, and I can join PT's very easy. Either I'm gonna farm or I'll go 5 gap, we'll see :)

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 pm 

I know the bard has attack skills... They are very fast.. but not so powerfull until you get 60 +... So you will have to depend on pts alot... what server do you start on? o.0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:46 am 

Go ahead try the bard with warlock sub. Sounds like a good build. But I don't understand why you only want to play bard in parties? Warlocks are great in a party. A party with a good warlock and two wizards can be even better than a party with three wizards, in my opinion. Debuffs help a lot in party situations, as well the DOT.