Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Which do you think?
Spear Nuker 47%  47%  [ 7 ]
Str Glavie 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Hard decision.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:13 pm 
Valued Member

Well i wanna make a choice between Spear nuker or Str Glavie

im currently lvl 20 farming with no stat points added anywhere and 20k/100k sp. I like the sound of Spear nuker but my question is can it tank a bit? Only reason i was thinkin bout str glavie is because of the ammount of hp..i love dealing decent damage and does FF spear nuker deal good damage?

Post subject: Re: Hard decision.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:16 pm 
Forum God

No. There's absolutely no way a pure int spear can tank anything. Especially not with snow shield.

And, spear nukers have the worst damage out of any Chinese character.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:32 pm 
Valued Member

Tasdik wrote:
No. There's absolutely no way a pure int spear can tank anything. Especially not with snow shield.

i sense trolling?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:45 pm 
Addicted Member

jbrigjaj wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

i sense trolling?

That part is true.

Maybe he means that they die a lot so their damage total get decreased or something.

They have the highest damage for Chinese characters but their defense is like a tissue, i think their defense is even worse than wizard/bard without the snow shield.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:50 pm 
Forum God

jbrigjaj wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

i sense trolling?

If you feel like I was trolling, then you clearly already knew the real answers to the questions you asked. Which makes this thread a complete waste of time.

And if you think a chin spear has worse defense then a wiz/bard, you're a moron.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:05 pm 
Valued Member

chill tasdik, i just didnt think their defence was that bad, ill be going hybrid then

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:26 pm 
Addicted Member

Tasdik wrote:
jbrigjaj wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

i sense trolling?

If you feel like I was trolling, then you clearly already knew the real answers to the questions you asked. Which makes this thread a complete waste of time.

you think a full int chin spear in garment without snow shield has worse defense then a wiz/bard

Yes i do and i don't care if that is right or wrong btw, they both die in no time anyway, not much of a difference.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:29 pm 
Forum God

/facepalm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:12 pm 

jbrigjaj wrote:

im currently lvl 20 farming with no stat points added anywhere and 20k/100k sp. I like the sound of Spear nuker but my question is can it tank a bit? Only reason i was thinkin bout str glavie is because of the ammount of hp..i love dealing decent damage and does FF spear nuker deal good damage?

Hm, i didn't count, but how many topics about new characters did you make already? Also how many characters did you already try out? Shouldn't you be done with all possible builds out there soon? I am getting the impression you just keep changing characters and don't stick to one character. Like this you won't get a lv.60+ character anytime soon. You probably could be Lv.60 by now, if you just would have kept playing your first character, maybe even higher actually. And seriously, i doubt you'll stick to this character.

--> It won't really matter if you go glaive or spear. You'll quit this character before Lv.60 anyway. That's what you usually do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:11 am 
Valued Member

Kronos wrote:
jbrigjaj wrote:

Hm, i didn't count, but how many topics about new characters did you make already? Also how many characters did you already try out? Shouldn't you be done with all possible builds out there soon? I am getting the impression you just keep changing characters and don't stick to one character. Like this you won't get a lv.60+ character anytime soon. You probably could be Lv.60 by now, if you just would have kept playing your first character, maybe even higher actually. And seriously, i doubt you'll stick to this character.

--> It won't really matter if you go glaive or spear. You'll quit this character before Lv.60 anyway. That's what you usually do.

and do u have any problem with that? its how i play the game, i play to have fun. When im bored i just change char and ive had a few lvl 50s and 40s.. 60 isnt a hard level to reach. So ber tell me. +1 Posts FTW? I thought u said u hate people who quote and speak about somethin off topic. Gratz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:50 am 
Forum God

What they say is true, once a nab, always a nab.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:08 pm 
Frequent Member

Tasdik wrote:

we nabs enjoy the game more than all the botters.....just saying

OT: take int spear and get to 47. If you decide you dont like it, do the stat reset quest and go glavie. Ints lvl faster...

Theseus - lvl 5x - warrior/rogue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 pm 
Valued Member

aishsharma wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

we nabs enjoy the game more than all the botters.....just saying

OT: take int spear and get to 47. If you decide you dont like it, do the stat reset quest and go glavie. Ints lvl faster...

good idea, bout whatabout all the skills that i would have to delvl again? As int spear i would take Heuk/Ice/Light but str Heuk/Fire/Ice and since im farming ill have to dlvl ALOT...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:39 pm 
Addicted Member

A Heuk/fire/ice int spear is actually good, that can save you some de-leveling.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 am 
Valued Member

The Invisible wrote:
A Heuk/fire/ice int spear is actually good, that can save you some de-leveling.

isnt light stronger than fire for an int cause of mage dmg + buff?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:44 am 
Addicted Member

There are countless threads for Heuk/fire/ice vs Heuk/light/ice.

You may want to look for some.

They both have advantages and dis-advantages.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 am 
Valued Member

The Invisible wrote:
There are countless threads for Heuk/fire/ice vs Heuk/light/ice.

You may want to look for some.

They both have advantages and dis-advantages.

i checked it out :/ seems like fire isnt a rly good instead of light.. :/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 am 
Frequent Member

jbrigjaj wrote:

That depends on what you're looking for. Lightning has the advantage that overall it deals (slightly) more damage on the most powerful attacks (fire spells deal more damage, but that's overcompensated by lightning's magical damage boost). Its main disadvantage is that it only has one (progressing) nuke, which means you're always switching between an up-to-date nuke and the most powerful nuke of your previous series, while fire has multiple nukes to choose from. Personally I went the lightning route (for both my nukers), but those were created before speedrun drugs and European characters. Other than that it's of course the difference between parry/speed buffs and magical defense/firewall buffs. I'm also kinda fond of my mini-nukes (lion shout), but those can be traded for quick weapon skills (especially if you go hybrid).

[83] Pinokkio
Pure INT Force Nuker, Force 83, Cold 83, Lightning 83, Fire 60

[81] Sybian
Pure INT KD Nuker, Bicheon 81, Cold 81, Lightning 81, Fire 60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 am 
Valued Member

phulshof wrote:
jbrigjaj wrote:

That depends on what you're looking for. Lightning has the advantage that overall it deals (slightly) more damage on the most powerful attacks (fire spells deal more damage, but that's overcompensated by lightning's magical damage boost). Its main disadvantage is that it only has one (progressing) nuke, which means you're always switching between an up-to-date nuke and the most powerful nuke of your previous series, while fire has multiple nukes to choose from. Personally I went the lightning route (for both my nukers), but those were created before speedrun drugs and European characters. Other than that it's of course the difference between parry/speed buffs and magical defense/firewall buffs. I'm also kinda fond of my mini-nukes (lion shout), but those can be traded for quick weapon skills (especially if you go hybrid).

So for lets say level 60, will the difference between fire and light be noticeable?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 am 
Frequent Member

jbrigjaj wrote:
So for lets say level 60, will the difference between fire and light be noticeable?

Due to lightning's single nuke it's a flowing situation. At level 60 you have a level 60 and a level 46 nuke, so fire will probably deal more DPS. At level 70 you'll have a level 70 and a level 66 nuke, so lightning will be stronger. Overall lightning deals slightly more damage than fire. The damage difference during grinding isn't huge though.

Generally the rule of thumb seems to be:
pve/vs STR pvp: lightning is better
vs INT pvp: fire is better

[83] Pinokkio

[81] Sybian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 am 
Valued Member

phulshof wrote:
jbrigjaj wrote:

Due to lightning's single nuke it's a flowing situation. At level 60 you have a level 60 and a level 46 nuke, so fire will probably deal more DPS. At level 70 you'll have a level 70 and a level 66 nuke, so lightning will be stronger. Overall lightning deals slightly more damage than fire. The damage difference during grinding isn't huge though.

Generally the rule of thumb seems to be:
pve/vs STR pvp: lightning is better
vs INT pvp: fire is better

kk ill try Int Fire/Ice till 50 and see how it goes, if i dont like im reseting them and moving str

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:54 am 
Frequent Member

jbrigjaj wrote:
kk ill try Int Fire/Ice till 50 and see how it goes, if i dont like im reseting them and moving str

I hope you meant lightning. :) You can't reset int/str as far as I know (unless something changed since last I played), so moving to str would give you a hybrid character. Those can work fine as long as you know what you're doing.

[83] Pinokkio

[81] Sybian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:56 am 
Valued Member

phulshof wrote:
jbrigjaj wrote:

I hope you meant lightning. :) You can't reset int/str as far as I know (unless something changed since last I played), so moving to str would give you a hybrid character. Those can work fine as long as you know what you're doing.

Theres a lvl 47 quest which resets your stat points thats why ill be aiming for Fire/Ice so if i change from int to str i wont have to delvl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:00 pm 
Addicted Member

phulshof wrote:
jbrigjaj wrote:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:11 am 
Frequent Member

So I saw; did the quest yesterday, but unfortunately Joymax didn't **** this one up. The potion's indeed not usable by a level 81 character. :( Should work for the OP though.

[83] Pinokkio

[81] Sybian