Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: ideal character based on following criteria?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:08 am 
Common Member

Hey guys, i just recently decided to get back into SRO after 4 years away. having forgotten all my accounts and unaware of any new updates/changes to game play i am starting out fresh with a new character but i am not sure if i should go euro or chinese. im hoping if i post the following preferences in a character, someone can help me out.

im looking for:

-good PvP/jobbing
-able to solo fairly well (prolly won't be on frequently enough to find a guild).
-decent for power leveling
-fairly decent survivability.

I was considering a chin int bow. if you have any suggestions as to whether or not i should make an int bow, and if i should how i should build it, i would appreciate it. also, i was thinking of making a rogue. i once had a rogue and it seemed pretty cool. ultimately, i would like a character that meets the above criteria pretty well. thanks.

Post subject: Re: ideal character based on following criteria?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:09 am 
Common Member

*builds suggested don't have to limited to rogue or int bow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:27 pm 
Addicted Member

First i would suggest that you go to a private server with higher rates than isro, basically because isro is only getting worse with time and well Vsro client files got leaked some time ago and dozens of new servers had appeared.

Quite sure you can find something that you like there, There are all kinds of servers starting with 5x exp/sp rate and ending with 700x exp/sp rate and from 70 cap up to 110 cap.

http://srstats.com/
Just go to the "capacity" and see the info on servers and see if you like some of them.
Or go to Other SRO Versions.

Hope that helps ^^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:02 pm 
Common Member

y do u say iSRO is getting worse? and what private servers would you recommend. lastly, you never really suggested a build.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:23 pm 
Addicted Member

1st: Welcome back to srf and sro.

2nd:Well joymax got greedy, very greedy.

Removing the "old" job system and applying another one, that is sorta silk dependent.
Changing the alchemy for 12D items that you got to spend thousands of silk to get 1 item to +12.
Some people even spend hundreds of silks and can't reach +5.

The new pet system that is going to get applied in a month or so that would also cost you silks to upgrade/equip the pets.

I would have said that isro was good till like 15/3/2011 when they applied the "new" job system and then started to apply the other "changes".

Oh 1 more thing it takes years to reach 120 hand grinding.

3rd: Well, what do you like more, low rates or high rates, what cap,etc. would like to get more info before i can suggest a server for you.

But um. Diamond silkroad seems to work with me, Rates are a bit high but i don't like grinding that much anyway and you can cap in under a week and well, i like to try different builds and don't want it to take a couple of months to get a character high enough to fully test it's potential.

revo333 wrote:
im looking for:

-good PvP/jobbing
-able to solo fairly well (prolly won't be on frequently enough to find a guild).

4th: Personally I would suggest either Warrior/Cleric or Rouge/Cleric, they do seem to fit what you are looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:01 pm 
Common Member

The Invisible wrote:
1st: Welcome back to srf and sro.

2nd:Well joymax got greedy, very greedy.

Removing the "old" job system and applying another one, that is sorta silk dependent.
Changing the alchemy for 12D items that you got to spend thousands of silk to get 1 item to +12.
Some people even spend hundreds of silks and can't reach +5.

The new pet system that is going to get applied in a month or so that would also cost you silks to upgrade/equip the pets.

I would have said that isro was good till like 15/3/2011 when they applied the "new" job system and then started to apply the other "changes".

Oh 1 more thing it takes years to reach 120 hand grinding.

3rd: Well, what do you like more, low rates or high rates, what cap,etc. would like to get more info before i can suggest a server for you.

But um. Diamond silkroad seems to work with me, Rates are a bit high but i don't like grinding that much anyway and you can cap in under a week and well, i like to try different builds and don't want it to take a couple of months to get a character high enough to fully test it's potential.

revo333 wrote:
im looking for:

-good PvP/jobbing

4th: Personally I would suggest either Warrior/Cleric or Rouge/Cleric, they do seem to fit what you are looking for.

i would prefer high rates because i dont enjoy grinding and i only play during breaks because im a college student so i dont want to spend all my time grinding. also, id like a server that isn't impossible to get into. lastly, a server where i can securely buy items with real currency would be favored. thanks for all the help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 pm 
Veteran Member

Silkroad Salvation is the private server Im currently on, Rates are nice, people cap in a couple days easy. Cap is 70, had a pretty intense trade yesterday and as the server grows it will get more and more intense. Item mall works, cheaper then iSro, your donations help further fund the site (they also give out silk from diff events), and there is no premium or anything. Dont need to buy silk to succeed. They also are making some balancing changes to try and have it be a little better then iSRO which has been interesting.

As for your original question, builds. For PvP/Jobbing, it depends on if you mean group or 1v1 more. Euro Characters thrive in Group settings especially, chinese more for 1v1. However it is not exactly so black and white. Ill try and fine tune it more toward what else you said.

Int Bow I dont have much experience with personally, Salvation has only 1 combo with KB on it so I wouldnt recommend it on that server. Ice would be necessary for Snow shield, Physical defense buffs, ice to slow down things possibly.

Rogue can most certainly solo, good for jobbing/pvp especially in an experienced players hands, Cleric sub would increase survivability as always. Single target Plevel, but you hit hard.

Wizard can solo, yes people claim they can't but I know several who do quite successfully. Bard Sub gives you Noise/Speed, Cleric sub gives you some added survivability when actually in combat such as Recovery Division, Bless, Healing Cycling yourself, etc. You'd be better off in a group pvp setting with some buffs, however you can use things in your arsenal to survive a bit in 1v1 settings. A clear Power leveling choice, however on Salvation powerlevel isnt allowed. Power party is (the lower level needs to participate in some way, not be sitting afk. Hardly needed with rates anyhow, this is coming from someone with too many Alt characters :P)

Warlock can definitely solo, you can regain HP with your skills, you can easily kill multiple mobs with AoE Debuffs/DoTs. With Stun, Sleep, Debuffs, a shield, you are built for PvP no doubt. Add in a Cleric Sub, and yeah you can do quite well. You could Power Level I suppose by use of DoTs across multiple enemies, and your mini nukes aren't bad.

Warrior Can solo, you can pvp very well whether its 1v1 Or group. Plevel is not easy on one though. But very good Survivability, has a lot of skills to keep you alive. Cleric Sub again adds to this a lot, although you can do it with others.

Some ideas off the top of my head, but it comes down to your playstyle and what type of roll you want. Hope that helps, can ask if you have other questions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 am 
Common Member

@ The Invisible, I didint know all that, thanks for the update.

[url]Image[/url]
The one real truth is that everything is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:05 pm 
Addicted Member

WoIfe wrote:
@ The Invisible, I didint know all that, thanks for the update.

Glad to help.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:59 pm 
Common Member

Your just full of it huh The Invisible?

full of useful knowledge that is :D

[url]Image[/url]
The one real truth is that everything is a lie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:52 am 
Addicted Member

WoIfe wrote:

I could be depending on the topic.

:sohappy:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:12 pm 
Valued Member

The Invisible wrote:
WoIfe wrote:

I could be depending on the topic.

:sohappy:

seks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 am 
Forum Legend

S/s int..good survivability, dmg for soloing, aoe for plvling..1vs1 pvp would be based on snow shield and group pvp based on snow shield for tank mode or just the warrior buffs

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 am 
Elite Member

I know it's a bit off-topic but I still find it relevant for the discussions, so I'm just gonna throw it out:

I don't think Isro is getting worse. Quite the contradictory, in fact. It has gotten a lot better during the last two years. I agree, the new trade system is not good, but well... the trading died a long time ago - nu surprise there.

In most other aspects, though, they made improvements to the game. Stackable elixirs, stones, better pickup pet interface etc. just to mention a few.

Besides, the new pet system is awesome. ANd besides, you don't have to buy them - not at all. If you didn't buy silk pets before, they are in no way trying to force you to do it now.
I'm not defending Joymax, I just do not find it a valid argument. Especially since the pet actually helps you get SP faster as well. I actually see it as an improvement instead of a bad thing. Besides, these pets are way cheaper than the old pets (20 silk per month).

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!