Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Newb: Skill Points
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:24 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi,

I've read though kagenutto's guide on Mastery Trees / SP Farming and am still very confused.

First off the terms are different for some of the things (even on the IG Help page). My terms are Melee (Warrior/Rouge), Caster (Wizard/Warlock), Buff (Bard/Cleric). So I am confused when terms like Bicheon, Heuskal, and Pachoen are used. Also Cold, Lightning, Fire, and Force... (I don't even know where to find these.)

Anyway, within my skill page, I have mastery levels of Melee, Caster, Buff, and Job... From what I have gathered to level up on anything (Mastery or Skill) skill points are needed. Right?

Mastery level #/#, what is it? The right number remains fixed, while the left one will move up...

Sorry I know this is all over the place. If anyone has any suggestions for more SP readings, I'd love to see it.

I am enjoying the game so far, but SRO doesn't do a very good job in explaining things (at least I think so)...so I'll probably be back...often!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Newb: Skill Points
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:38 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Also w/in kagenutto's guide it is explained reaching lvl 8 and getting a lvl 8 weapon. In order to do that, it requires that skill points are being used on (for example) a warrior mastery. If skill pts aren't 'supposed' to be used til lvl whatever, isn't lvling up ur warrior mastery using skill points? Would that not leave a gap? Since I'd be on lvl 8 to use a lvl 8 weapon I'd need my warrior mastery at lvl 8.

Sooooo confused!!!

I know the guide is just a guideline and doens't need to be followed to the word, I am just trying to work step by step to see how this works...

Post subject: Re: Newb: Skill Points
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:29 pm 
Ex-Staff

rlayna wrote:
Hi,

I've read though kagenutto's guide on Mastery Trees / SP Farming and am still very confused.

First off the terms are different for some of the things (even on the IG Help page). My terms are Melee (Warrior/Rouge), Caster (Wizard/Warlock), Buff (Bard/Cleric). So I am confused when terms like Bicheon, Heuskal, and Pachoen are used. Also Cold, Lightning, Fire, and Force... (I don't even know where to find these.)
You have a Euro class, so you are only able to see the possible classes + skills for Euro characters. Terms like Bich/Heuk/Pach etc are classes and skills for Chinese characters. In order to see those you will have to create a new char with the Chinese race.

Anyway, within my skill page, I have mastery levels of Melee, Caster, Buff, and Job... From what I have gathered to level up on anything (Mastery or Skill) skill points are needed. Right?
Yes, except the Job tab you will need skillpoints when ever you want to lvl up something. Skillpoint experience is gained by killing monsters. Every 400 skillpoint exp is 1 skillpoint.

Mastery level #/#, what is it? The right number remains fixed, while the left one will move up...
Mastery level is the current mastery level you have (in other words all the levels of your classes combined) against the max amount of masteries you can have (being it your level times 2 for Euro chars and a fixed number for Chinese chars (Around 330 I believe)).

Sorry I know this is all over the place. If anyone has any suggestions for more SP readings, I'd love to see it.

I am enjoying the game so far, but SRO doesn't do a very good job in explaining things (at least I think so)...so I'll probably be back...often!

Thanks!

A little heads up. As a Euro character you can only have two classes because of the mastery limit of 2 per level (this is if you want max skills/damage etc from your classes, you are able to divide it between everything but you will lack alot in buffs and damage).

rlayna wrote:
Also w/in kagenutto's guide it is explained reaching lvl 8 and getting a lvl 8 weapon. In order to do that, it requires that skill points are being used on (for example) a warrior mastery. If skill pts aren't 'supposed' to be used til lvl whatever, isn't lvling up ur warrior mastery using skill points? Would that not leave a gap? Since I'd be on lvl 8 to use a lvl 8 weapon I'd need my warrior mastery at lvl 8.

Sooooo confused!!!

I know the guide is just a guideline and doens't need to be followed to the word, I am just trying to work step by step to see how this works...

First off I want to clarify I am basing my answers on iSRO (and pservers). It might be different in sro-r. Getting a lvl 8 weapon (or better said equipping and using one) only requirs you to be lvl 8. In order to wear gear (being it heavy/light armor or robes) you will need to have the right class on the correct level.

If I was you I would first pick your two classes. What do you want to be, a tanker, damage dealer, sneaky guy, spam with diseases, heal people. Based on that you can decide which gear you have to buy.

You can always pm me if you have other questions. Unless I'm sleeping I can usually reply pretty fast ^^