Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: opinions on full str fire and force bow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:53 am 
Common Member

Hey guys,

I'm making a new character on a private server and was told by a friend to make a full strength Chinese bow character with Fire, Pacheon, and Force. Is this a strong build for PVP/jobbing? Also, would the character be better suited with Lightning instead of Fire. I understand that fire has higher physical damage which is important for a full strength character but light offers grasswalk to increase character's speed when running. Just to clarify, my friend suggested force so that I can debuff other characters or monsters (not sure how much I would use a debuff when grinding).

Post subject: Re: opinions on full str fire and force bow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 am 
Valued Member

Pacheon - Fire/Force for sure, All builds have their advantages and dis-advantages, like for instance:

Force Harmony therapy,gives protection and replenishes your Hp/Mp.

Force Increasing Series - Passive skill, increases maximum mana (MP) which is always good as archers eat Mp.

Rebirth series - Always good to have in party.

And lastly
Vital Spot Attack Series - Buffs speak for themselves.

Fire force all the way, Flame Body Series is a must have it Increases your phy damage. you mention lightening skill to get grasswalk no need just buy speed pots 100% at Acc npc.

Assasin - Archer/Force - 120 - Ninjitsu

"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends"

"Adversity does teach who your real friends are"

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:00 pm 
Ex-Staff

Fire/Force is very strong, so is Fire/Ice and to a lesser extent Fire/Light. I know your friend suggested it but you shouldn't let him decide your build. I love playing with Fire/Force archers but maybe you like to be more tanky or speedier ;)

Anyway Light/Force is not really an option for a pure str char, I don't know how tough sp farming is on your pserver but getting the sp for the few Light skills you're going to use is not worth it. Besides that you can easily cover the main part of Light (the speed) with potions just as Mayumi said.

As for grinding, your debuffs are rather useless. They never hurt when you're fighting a giant or any pt mob though, but no use in wasting them on regular/champ mobs. The stat heal is nice if you don't want to spend money on pills and the ring is good if you have trouble in higher lvl areas but all of that is optional.

If you do decide to go with Fire/Force and you have questions feel free to pm me. I had a lvl 100 on iSRO before I left ^.^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:33 pm 
Common Member

Fire with mix of light/cold used to be my favorite bow and zipping away between bow shots.