Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:40 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

In the beginning for hybirds do you start 1:2 or 1:3 at the very beginning or do u wait until like lvl 20 and coul someone tell me what their stats look like for hybirds at around lvl 20

Currently lvl 14 with 35ish str and 68ish int and getting lightning fire and sword (mastery max at 5)

any suggestions would be very appreciated thanks

Reposted from my topic

and in the end do hybirds have more like a told say 1:2 (like 100 str 200 int) or more like a equal kind of stats say 150:150

as an aside should i get some ice for the arrest skill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:32 am 

ok lvl 39 now my stats 4:1 ratio str/int right now to balace the stats to perfect 4:1 ratio i need 2 more lvls on str (6), any way the results are : with lvl 1 sword and blade = same roughly with lvl 16 sword and blade results were : hmm blade does like 190 - 220 sword does like 200 - 210 constant, as we know sword has higher accuracy so the damage is easier to tell, at this rate i think the higher the lvl the weapon is blade will raise higher and higher at 4: 1 ratio, and i'm also 2 lvls of str behind too! hmm this experiment was base on SHOP weapons, so the blade and sword are very balanced. i was experimenting these damgae on my gf she was wearing nothing, so yea.... not sure how it works with monsters cos i think monsters has more physical defence then magical... anyway SG could you find out ur hybrid str/int guildsman's ratio for me?

btw hmm last night i bought tons of silk and spend alot on skill reallocation scrolls, now i 'm a fire blader >< ' hybrid '

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:05 am 
Veteran Member

Alright, here's my idea on the entire Hybrid thing. Either go complete 1:1 or 2:3 hybrid, or not at all. If you go 1:3 or 1:2, you're just a weaker version of a pure Int/Pure Str.

You do a little more damage than a Pure str, if you're a str hybrid, and have a little more mana, but you can't tank nearly as well, and your balances are skewered.

You do less damage than a Pure Int, if you're an int hybrid, and have a little more hp, but either way, you'll still get pwned by those Pure Str, and you won't be able to do as much damage to them as an Int can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:40 am 

Nss wrote:
Considering no one has replied, my point proves to be correct, hybrid only exist in int base built, str base built ( with alot more str then int ) can not be considered hybrid as you will not be getting nukes = str alone = not a mixture of physical and magical ( other then imbue, but that's not really an offensive spell ) * deletes char *

Looks like I replied REALLY late but I've known 1 person who is a str hybrid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:30 am 
Frequent Member

o.O i know plenty of str hybrids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:26 am 
Casual Member

very nice guide for people who think they messed up chars just because its a hybrid, i'm the same as u int hybrid, with nukes and distance attacks, seems like we have the same kind of build more or less=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:56 am 

of course there's tons of str base hybrids out there, but i'm asking one that acutally turn out not be a bum, one that shines... i need a guide, pursuing with no evidence is pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:20 pm 
Retired Admin

Nss:

again, sorry i haven't checked this thread for a while. my guildie is a str-hybrid archer, so he doesn't get a choice between weapons. as far as i know, he's nearly 1:1, but i will double-check this as soon as i can and post his actual numbers if he lets me.

Smokin_Joe:

i burn pots faster than you can imagine. i use item mall pots, and i usually have to buy new 1000-stacks every other day, especially for MP. since i started grinding yetis, i have been buying HP ones at the same rate as well. i wear protector, so i get a little bonus to MP, but when i switch to armor for the cave, i expect this to change dramatically.

JaYvEe:

fire does more dmg, ice has a better status effect. it depends on how you play. as a nuker, you're going to want to be farther away from the battle anyway, so maybe fire would be better for you, as it packs a bigger punch. however, the freeze effect from ice could save your life; that coupled with the block from your shield may be enough to keep you alive long enough to own pure str builds.

eaglehawk:

as i mentioned above, i have a lvl57 guildie who is a str hybrid archer, nearly 1:1, and he is very effective. i haven't heard much from 1:1 hybrids on this forum, so i don't know how they fare at higher lvls, but i will ask him to share his experiences when next i log on.

keep the duscission and questinos coming guys. remember, if i don't respond to questions in a day or two, PM me :)

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:41 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey guys, I have a lvl 32 Blade/Fire and don`t really know which build to follow.
I ended up with some sort of a Hybrid 2:1 STR build. My stats are: STR 128 & INT 69. I`m having fun playing with this char, since I don`t do PvP very often..

Should I go on with it?! Or maybe go 1:1?!

Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:10 pm 
Casual Member

One of my guild members is a strength hybrid archer... but all of the hybrids I know aren't that strong

And ice will not give you hybrids the edge on killing a pure strength glaive, because you're... hybrid.

Right now auto-pot is here, and for hybrids, you do deal a little more damage than pure strengths, but your damage is not like pure int, where you really hit ALOT. That ice won't keep you alive long enough, because pure strength glaives have too much HP to get much damage from a weak little ice whack from hybrids, who can't really tank much damage, only use ice if you're a shield. You'll be the best tanker, but you have to make sure you're not alone, you're just a tanker while pure ints whack their damage.

Hybrid bladers have about half the HP of pure strength, unless you're 2:1 or higher strength:int, if you're 1:1, your build is hopeless, because you can't deal any decent damage and your HP is less than pure strength glaives by MORE than half, and your int is too low to nuke well. It's only a little stronger than pure strengths.

Pure ints can kill hybrids in about 2 nukes(maybe 1), due to their low HP. Hybrids aren't the best build in this game, so your best bet is to add all your points into strength or int from now, and add them into the one you have more of, before it gets worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:18 pm 
Retired Admin

LamaX:

if you are going to be a str-based hybrid, then i would recommend a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio. anything lower will decrease your HP too significantly, and you run into the problems that strike_freedom stated. make sure you have a high-crit blade as well, as you'll win from your crits.

strike_freedom:

realize that if someone has posted inthis thread, they've already committed themselves to a hybrid build on that specific character. discouraging them from pursuig int isn't what this thread is about. some people have hybrids because they didn't know any better - for them, this guide is designed to help them salvage their build and make it effective. others went hybrid by choice - for them, this guide is meant to help them refine and solidify their choices to maximize efficiency and the things that hybrids do best. as a lvl57 hybrid, i can guarantee you that i am not weak or ineffective. i win WAY more than i lose against people my lvl and even a few above. my build can tank a lvl60 pure str blader and even take a few hits from a 64 glaive before going down, which is enough time to fire off a few nukes so my guildies can finish him off. as a hybrid, you resign yourself to compromises - higher hp for an int but lower dmg, for example. their very existence is proof that there is no "best build in this game", and trying to "fix" a hybrid by adding into one or the other "before it gets worse" is just silly. being a hybrid is about knowing your strengths and weaknesses and being able to play to them.

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:53 am 
Casual Member

As a hybrid you can still do well when you are in a group, but if it's like 2 on 1. For ints, it's not so bad to add a few points into strength so you won't die so soon, but the difference is negligeble anyway, so there's not alot of point in that. Playing as a 2:1 or 3:1 or 4:1 etc. isn't THAT bad, but still aren't as good. My MAIN point is that 1:1 hybrids are really quite... useless... try focusing your points into strength or int from here on out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:29 pm 
Casual Member

I wannna see what you say when a high lvl 1:1 emerges and owns you. If my sources are correct then 1:1 sword hybrid with high lvl KD's will end up being one of the best builds in late game lvl 70+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:30 pm 
Frequent Member

^ thats why i'm goin hybrid as of when i get back. should reach ~3:2 INT STR in about... the time i reach lvl 68ish. right now pure int sword... we'll see how this goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 pm 
Casual Member

Actually... your theory is wrong...

By the time you're lvl 70+, pure strengths will have so much HP that 1:1 hybrids just can't kill you, and pure ints will have so much offensive power that they can kill you so quick... yet 1:1s will have about half the attack of pure int, and 3 times less HP than pure strengths, so 1:1 really sucks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:56 pm 
Frequent Member

lol do you read korean....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:43 pm 
Casual Member

strike_freedom:

unless you are lvl 70 and 1:1 or have fought a 1:1 70, you cant really say that anyone is "wrong". the way i see it is that it all evens out. you dont do quite as much damage but you can tank more, whereas a pure str/int would be able to tank with less damage/hi damage less tanking respectively.

the only hybrids i can see as not being effective would be a very diluted build such as 1:8 or higher, as you dont really gain much form the extra str/int. but even there, you still only lowering your str/int by an 1/8th whereas youre still raising the opposite by 1/8th.

as i said earlier, it all evens out. its not your build in and of itself, as much as it is how you use your build to its strengths. i rerolled my char becuase of this guide, after reading all the hype about pure builds and everyone saying stuff like "youre screwed if you dont go pure" and whatnot i started a pure strength char. i wasnt happy at all with it. i didnt like the idea of only being effective with one thing. now that i have my 2:1 int heavy hybrid, im much happier as i have more tools at my disposal (thinking about the future sp cost makes my stomache hurt as i just spent 4k after hitting 30 :x) not being limited to just weapon or magic skills.

lastly, a question for you suicide:
why did you decide to switch to armor? is it just for the cave, and oyu use your protector set for jobs and such? or are you full armor now? i was thinking about switching to armor for the last couple weeks, as i still take quite a bit of damage from physical attacks with prot. and when i cant 1/2 hit mobs i really burn through the hp pots, as well as mp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:40 pm 
Retired Admin

i switched to armor for the cave (and for yetis at first, but i don't really need it for them now). i still use my protector set for jobbing, etc. the movement and mp bonuses alone are reason enogh for me to keep it around.

and strike_freedom: some of the highest-lvl and most dangerous players on kSRO right now, according to people i know who read korean, are 1:1 and 2:1 hybrids. sounds like you're doing a lot of speculating and not a lot of research.

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

Post subject: Skills to increase?
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

erm i am a int hybid. i am using a sword and shield. And i wanna learn fire skills but not sure wad fire skills and sword skills shld i learn. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:43 pm 
Casual Member

All around good guide Suicide. I'm sure there are alot of people out there wondering just how to build a character. All hope is not lost when you've mixed and matched your stat points. As your guide suggested Hybrid's aren't as "outdated and worthless" as some might suggest.

It all comes down to personal preference, and what you feel comfortable with. You need to understand the difference of INT & STR and how to work them. This guide helps in many area's of how to reclaim your character and turn it into what you feel comfortable with. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:56 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

hi~
My stats is STR64 and Int 48..Ice/bow

but i want to be a STR hybird Archer

so is it ok for the Stats?

should i need to go 2 sp for STR and 1 for INT everytime i lvl?

And im going to get a fire skill..is it ok for it too?

and what's mean for 3:1 and 4:1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:18 pm 

Well I am never one to figure out what is what, and since I have photoshop...

So Im lvl 25, and after reading the guide, gonna toss Ice out the window

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:11 pm 

For a min there I thought you were talking about my cause I use a sword, but then realized that you ignored my post and was commenting about the one 4 replies up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:44 pm 
Valued Member

thought so too...lol
i see that you are STR based hybrid, first thing to say use blade not sword
because blade has higher phy. damage rate and lower mag. damage (vice versa for sword)
second i would recommend theat you put very few points in INT if you continue to play STR hybrid as the few INT points dont really add something to your attacks, but im not an expert on STR hybrids, so wait for someone else to give you more tips :P

other than that it depends on your style of playing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:22 am 
Frequent Member

Tatianasaphira:

if you want help we need a general direction.. do you want to go more tanker? (more str) or more dmg (more int)

melee or ranged
more damage or better defense

etc etc

the only thing i would be able to comment on would be like what Aya said. all i can tell is that you have more str, but i dont know what YOU want to do with it until you tell me :x

tell me and i'll be glad to try to help you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:01 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:24 am 

I believe this thread was created to assist people who did not know better and do not want to reroll their characters. The thread was created to assist and help guide others who are at liberty to choose if they wanted to follow Fly's builds or make a build of their own. I too believe that the guide was stickied so as to help people who wanted some advice on their own builds.

This thread was not made to contest which build pwns which builds or "my build is uber and leet and I pwn noobs". Neither the entire notion of "I want my build to own" nor a contesting ground was the reason why this thread was made.

Contain the flames and don't fan it further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:41 am 
Valued Member

ayumikagari wrote:

i have a guild mate who is a hybrid ice archer but i dont know his STR/INT ratio.. i think its pretty near 1,2 or somthing like that..
but if you want to make a STR based hybrid go 2:1 each level and try to keep your balance high for INT too.
as for fire skill you can always take some if you have SP to spend, if you want fire skill you should get the phy. damage increase passive and buff and perhaps the imbue(if you like to switch from time to time, but it will cost a lot of SP later on)

Hope it helps..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:37 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

2:1?

what is that mean?

caz each lvl has 5 points..so 2:1 means 4 points for str and one poins of int?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:42 pm 

Right now, what I want to do is kill things fast. Doing only 30's normally to Devil Horses is not fun. With Lightning dmg I do only 60's and 70's. Now I am using the chain sword item, and its lvl 6 now, so its attack I get upwards of 300.

Tanking right now, I don't care about, as I lvl alone. I use Magic every hit, because without it, I only hit for 30's on the horses and the ghosts (stupid 200 flags)

As for str, that was because I didn't know what I was doing, and noone would tell me, so I pumped up whatever I could to make me hit harder. Now that I am using magic far more, I am trying to pump int more with each lvl, however now that it is so hard to lvl, and I really feel that int gap

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next