Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:31 pm 

Thank you very much.. Now I have a rough idea of how I want my archer to be.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:38 am 

Hi,

SuicideGrl wrote:
hmm. interesting build.

*g* I'm known to find the most, hmmmm, "challenging" builds everywhere I decide to give it a try ...

SuicideGrl wrote:
that's where i think your idea needs a bit if adjustment. if you're primary star is str, and your secondary is int, than you're going to naturally do more physical dmg. so why not pick a weapon that will boost your mag dmg instead?

Since yesterday I reached 22, and in 24 a new weapon is available, I'll try it with spear. Tried some Lvl's before without much success - the spear (same Crit and quality as my Glavie) did serious less damage. I think it might be worth considering using Glavie up to Mastery 30, then switching thus beefing up my mini-nuke. But as said, I'm yet out for a decent spear ;-)

SuicideGrl wrote:
a balanced character like you're proposing will be a decent tank (as you proved w/ your chakji massacre)

That's what I want. I want to be able to solo as far as possible. To be able to do anything, and to do it as well as possible. So I've no choice - "Hybrid" is tatooed somewhere on me, where even my closest friends will not see it ;-)
Btw, this Chakij Giant massacre was major fun! Hordes of them trying to help their giant, sometimes I couldnt even see me, so many - and it was my very first Chakij Giant ... Adrenalin overdose - but once more I wished to be able to kill monkeys - most of my drops were stolen by different monkeys of some nearby players. At least they didn't KS my Giant ... Meanwhile I solo'ed Hyungno Giant and Earth Ghost champion, so things are going very well.

SuicideGrl wrote:
but i worry about the potency of its nukes.

I know my nukes will be suboptimal, thus referring as "mini-nukes". ATM I'm using Cold wave arrest as tag skill, and I love it. I plan to skill it as high as the requirements of the cold buff (that I see as essential, as all of the other buffs, even falcon) allow, maybe 30. But later I think of using the Lightning or Fire nukes (mini-nukes for me ;-) ) as tag skills. Want one mob? Fire. Want more mobs? Lightning. These should do some nice damage, but I plan to do my main damage with the weapon. I understand that I'll never be able to dish out serious nuke damage. But I will survive some bigger thingies coming for me, instead ;-)

SuicideGrl wrote:
but make sure whatever weapon you choose - spear or glaive - has a high crit.

I'd never give any weapon a second look if Crit is not at least 7. Blue or + are nice, but a high crit is essential for me.
And I've read some advice of some WiseGrl somewhere here in this forum concerning the importance of +INT/+STR for hybrids, so I get +7 STR/ +8 INT even from my Silk Pampers ;-)) OK, might to have to be adjusted.

SuicideGrl wrote:
i hope this helps, let me know if there's more :)

Thank you very much for your help! It's of major importance for me to get reflections of more experienced ppl to help me nOOb getting better! And you're doing an awesome job with this.

Thanks & have fun!

PS: There are nice hunters - I didn't believe! Was strolling around looking for loot when I came to this major battle of very big traders, hunters and thieves. I kept aside, pulling out & destroying tigers, rezzing innocent bypassers and watching the fight. When it was over and all of this high Lvl's had vanished, there were some very nice amount of trade goods laying around. Could I let all this nice stuff get eaten by the server? No. So out came my thief suit, horse was summoned and in a hurry all of this nice goods were collected. Up and away heading for some lonely spot in tiger mountains to use return spell. And then this hunter attacked me!
I've never before had any PvP. Adrenalin was boiling in my veins, when I gave him a Cold Wave Arrest, laid some Soul Spear on him, followed by a Dancing Demon, both supported by River Fire Force. I don't know if the planned Wolf Bite hit, or if he was dead before - my thrusty hunter glavie had given me at least one serious critical ;-))
So down he was. "I'll rez if you promise not to attack" I whispered, followed by "Promised!" from him. I rezzed. And was running for a safe spot, just to run into some high lvl hunter that killed me walking by. Arrgghh!
By came this first hunter, rezzed me, helped me fighting off the tigers and thieves while I waited for my bandit den scroll to succeed, we had very nice conversation, and now I have a new entry on my FL.

Benex1st, you're a man with honor. My respect to you, if you read this. And I owe you 9K ;-))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:09 pm 
Retired Admin

Morraine:

sounds like you have your plan down to a "t" :) let me know how it works out for you.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:08 am 

Hi,
SuicideGrl wrote:
sounds like you have your plan down to a "t" :)

Well, I did some serious research about my plan - I don't like to come and cry "Gimmi build, plz!!11one!1eleven!" But I know that I'm rather newbie, and I'm very happy for any suggestions or critics of more experienced players!

SuicideGrl wrote:
let me know how it works out for you.

Interim report:
Yesterday I had a long in-depths discussion with some gazillions of ghost/ devil bugs about their eggs, and in the process I convinced some of them to give me some merciless snake spears. One of it was quite nice, so I tested it against my hunters hook glavie: Nearly same results, even if my glavie has slightly better stats.

I mentioned that a test, some levels before, with nearly equal spear and glavie gave significant worse results for spear, so I'm thinking I slowly reach the point (higher imbue etc.) where I should switch to spear. So now I'm out for a nice Iron Spear with good attack rating and high Crit that I can afford - maybe I can convince any Hyungno Ghost or Demon horse to provide one? Time will tell - it's not that I'll reach L24 this evening ...

Have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:10 pm 

Nevermind about the first question, I answered it myself.

Is 84792 too much SP for one character to need?

SporadicAim 1X - Strength based, Fire / Bow

Post subject: Help on my semi hybrid account
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:18 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

HI, my char is lvl 45 atm, im using blade ice master 35 , lightnight master 27/ force 25/ blade 45. I am currently 88 percent physical balance. I became hybrid not by choice but as many ppl have said "i had no idea wat i was doing in the beginning" anywayz i was doing 2 str 1 int for roughly lvl 30 until i started getting more serious about the game by that time it was 2 late for me to start a new char because i dont have time to start all over :). I was comtemplating whether i should go fire or whats the best force for me to use i've heard that fire is good for str, im str slight hybrid so i need help on rebuilding my char n what skills should i get etc :) sorry im at work rite now so i can only post of wat i remember . Need advice on skills n force to use :), the problem i dont like about using fire is meaning using more hp pots so i dont wannna rush into it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:29 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi,
I am a lvl 42 "Hybrid" on the aege server. My build is err how would you put it..."rather unique". I utilise 2 weapons my main being Bow which is at lvl 40 and Sword which is at 32. My main element is at is ice which is at lvl 40 and I have lightning at lvl 30 mainly for walk flow and nuke. (lots of sp farmed...tell me about it :P) But what makes my char unique form other is that my char build stands like this:

120 str
128 int

Currently working towards a 2 int: 1 str build. I am going towards a more intellegence inclined build as my ice imbue is maxed out at book 2 which requires 400mp per charge (going for the 3rd book at lvl 47). And as I use my imbue quite often, I figured an intellegence centralised build would be more feasible in the long run. I often get comments about how my char would suck at P2P, and will find it hard later in the game. However I have noticed that my build can outlast most builds when it comes to killing monsters for a long period of time. As I have decent amount of mana and hp in comparison to pure str (more mana) and pure int builds (more hp). I suppose what separates my builf from mediocrity in my opinion is the ice imbue as it gives me a chance to deal more dmg and combined with the increased attack rating the pacheon passive supplies, I can deal reasonable amounts of dmg in short amounts of time, which is the prolonged by my ice effect. (The speed difference is apprarently highly noticeable with the 4 and 5 hit sword combos...)

I don't know about you guys, I find playing pure str or pure int builds boring as it supplies very little challenge. I am farely positive that I could keep up with the rest of the bug guys later on, on the proviso that I farm intellegently.

Remember have fun on SRO, don't be too concerned about what your going to be like 30 levels later. Just have fun with your char. If you think about it, SRO would not have made a game where only certain builds could thrive otherwise the game would be imbalanced. Hybrids like any other build have there advanatages and disadvantages, it's a shame that not many people are inclined to use one. It's great to see a good guide by SuicideGirl who is a high level encouraging others to attempt a hybird build!!!

Tell me what you think ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:30 am 
Frequent Member

tahts fine.. jsut dont spread yourself too thin, my guildmate use to have bow and sword, just he couldnt keep up with it.. if you farm though you should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:31 am 

Hi peeps, hmm i'm a great admirer of SG, and so my char, originally a max str glavie, has now become a.... 4:1 str/int >.< but after 10 lvls of training hmm it finally hit me that... only int base hybrid would work as a hybrid, is that not correct? if you were to go my ratio or just 3:1 str/int, ' hybrid ' the int practically dosen't do anything other then adding imbue damage, correct? there's no real point for me to get nuke cos i probably won't even be able to slap harder then my baby cousin >.< so hmm i kinda need some help to bring my str base ' hybrid ' back on track >.< please help >.< this is the info for my char so far:
Lvl 30 - base lvl
lvl 30 glavie/spear mastery
lvl " max my mastery would allow " for soul spear - move
lvl " max my mastery would allow " for ghost spear - pedal
lvl " max my mastery would allow " for tiger chain combo
lvl 1 dancing demon spear ( which i intend to use my last reallocation skill scroll on to erase >.< )
lvl 3 HP passive

lvl 29 fire mastery
lvl 9 river
lvl 1 flow
lvl 2 fire passive
lvl 3 physical damage buff
lvl 5 ish i think basic fire protection

lvl 23 Force Mastery ( probably gonna kill it all )
lvl 1 soul rebirth ( mistake, took my gf's little advice sadly )
lvl 1 Harmonic Therapy

yea that's about it i think, originally i went from lvl 2 to lvl 21 full str, to make up for it ( taht's the turning point when i chose to be a ' hybrid ' i got lvl 22 to lvl 26 int, now lvl 27 to lvl 30 str, and lvl 31 int and so on in a 4:1 ratio, so yea i kinda need help, is hybrid really for int base only? cos if you really think about it? getting int means getting nuke, and if your not int base your = X

someone help please :P

Edit: sorry for the uncertainties, both my comp and host has been killed by virus, so i'm at uni downloading the client and posting now, that is the reason why i can not be certain to put down those skill lvls ( not that they even matter ) * wink wink to SG girl *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:20 am 
Advanced Member

:shock: HOW MANY HOURS HAVE U WASTED ON DOING THAT :? :? :? :? :? :?

btw who ever said hybrids have any strengths at all was obviously
SERIOUSLY DISTURBED :twisted:

and also its chinese version cause the kr players are only realised to lvl 80 cap while china / taiwan servers are being raised to 90 end of this month :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:24 am 
Frequent Member

^ sigh. anotherone.

even FLY, whom all of you "MUSTBEPURETOBEGOOD" people worship has STATED that Hybrid builds are FINE.

stop the insanity o.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:09 am 

just that line won't get me anywhere unfortunately, this came out of no where, but it pops up to be true, hybrid works.... with int base built, i've never heard of a str base built hybrid from anyone, not that that aone would matter but the fact that it's true, what exact is int gonna do to a str " hybrid wannabe'? add max mp and nothing else? seriously i'm really thinking hard here other then the max mp thing, int has absortlutely no positive values towards a str base ' hybrid wannabe ', if you can figure out a plan to save my char, it'd be an honour and great pleasure to help out

Post subject: Hybrid Help ^__^
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:16 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

:D Hi guys!
This is my first time participating in this forum :) But i just want to say that Hybrid Kiks A$$!!!
I love this Silkroad game & my char: XiaoMei!!! To tell u the truth, at first i was about to dump her for a newly pure str/ int character. But as times goes bye...i'm actually having fun and getting good at it as well (been playing almost a week now)! She is now lvl22 with 80+ str & 60+ int(almost 70 i think). I switched from a bow to blade on her...and i glided my way thru 600 Chakji in two days!!! 150 the 1st day! 450 the 2nd day(time flies...)
NOW! you are more than welcome to say something about this....since i want more DMG attack on her (Fire Imbue) Wat i plan for her now is hold the STR now and go all towards INT until prolly lvl30+ Since she is good on HP-wise...
Do u guys think this is a good plan? Please tell me before its too late :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:07 am 
Frequent Member

heres another high level hybrid i found.. seems to be doing quite nicely.

Fire Glaive Hybrid.. i think its and INT:STR 2:1 build

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:15 pm 

Considering no one has replied, my point proves to be correct, hybrid only exist in int base built, str base built ( with alot more str then int ) can not be considered hybrid as you will not be getting nukes = str alone = not a mixture of physical and magical ( other then imbue, but that's not really an offensive spell ) * deletes char *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:31 pm 
Frequent Member

Freedom-Fighta wrote:
Nevermind about the first question, I answered it myself.

Is 84792 too much SP for one character to need?

Probably more then enough. Try going to http://www.nerdwerx.nl/sro/index.php if you want to test it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:21 pm 
Common Member

I never liked hybrids builds
but since last month i am playing with my first pure INT, he is a sword+shield with light/fire skills, i am at lvl 38 now, with only 10 mastery on bincheon and 35 on fire and light.

I never read anything for hybrids, only know what ppl say in boards, most common is "they sucks", "pure FTW" "go pure or go home", but today i saw some pvp btw a int hybrid and a pure str blader and the fight last long and ended with no winner like a pure strxpure str battle, the hibrid is a 2:1 int with spear and garment, lvl 54 and the blader is lvl 53 pure str with garm. So i started to think in turn myself into a hybrid, cuz in the battles i saw with pure ints x pure str, ints have no chance, 1 nuke cant kill anyone, they can pot ur nukes and u die in 1 sec when the STR hit u.

So i am thing in turn to hibryd 2:1 INT:STR, when i hit lvl 40, put i really dont know what it going to change on my gameplay, until now i dont really PvP with anyone and in PvE i just nuke and hit the mob, my guild mates says to me stay with pure int cuz in high lvls the damage of hybrids sucks like hell, well i already give a nice amount of damage with nukes and its not hurt me if do less damage but can survive more.

I really need help, hope someone still look at this topic
thx in advance :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:11 am 
Frequent Member

I think builds and elements are all biased. Lol most people find something that's good and go with it and weaker people just go with them cause a lot of noobs are uhh kiss-asses seems like the right term :) lol. My oppinion is just go with what sounds fun, it's a video game after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:01 am 
Frequent Member

SG is gonna love your name Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:26 am 
Retired Admin

OMG it's 6:30am and i have LOTS of questions to answer!!! sorry guys i haven't checked this thread in AGES. i'll get to you all tomorrow when i wake up, i promise.

and Klaus, you and my monkey share a name :) <3 <3 <3

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:29 pm 
Common Member

At the moment I am creating/building a hybrid character on the Oasis server (due to me being unable to play on Xian because of the lag). Im not sure if anyone has created this type of Hybrid before, but it will not be based on the typical 1:1, 2:1 etc ratios. It will be based on my weapon of choice (spear). What I have found is that with the spear the magical damage is between 1.7 - 1.8 times higher than the physical damage.

So basically what I am going to do, is have my magical dmg be 1.8 times higher than my physical dmg (this will be without any type of equipment on).
What that equals in HP/MP? That will be a bit tricky as I wont have a fixed ratio of 1:1, 2:1 etc, but will be working to keep my magical dmg 1.8 times higher than my physical dmg.

Why am I doing this? I like to try out all types of builds, and I have always had it in the back of my mind to build a character based on the choice of weapon and it's ratios. As to will this character be any good? I truly have no idea, but I am going to have fun finding out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:20 pm 
Retired Admin

ok guys, i'm gonna try to do this all in one post, so scroll down to yours, ok? sorry for the long format.

JaYvEe wrote:
HI, my char is lvl 45 atm, im using blade ice master 35 , lightnight master 27/ force 25/ blade 45. I am currently 88 percent physical balance. I became hybrid not by choice but as many ppl have said "i had no idea wat i was doing in the beginning" anywayz i was doing 2 str 1 int for roughly lvl 30 until i started getting more serious about the game by that time it was 2 late for me to start a new char because i dont have time to start all over :). I was comtemplating whether i should go fire or whats the best force for me to use i've heard that fire is good for str, im str slight hybrid so i need help on rebuilding my char n what skills should i get etc :) sorry im at work rite now so i can only post of wat i remember . Need advice on skills n force to use :), the problem i dont like about using fire is meaning using more hp pots so i dont wannna rush into it

you WILL have more trouble as a str hybrid than as an int hybrid, but it's not impossible to be great. BlackHand's second-highest player is a str hybrid, so the build definitely has good potential, especially since, as you said, you're pretty stuck w/ it now :) what force are you using now? at lvl45, changing forces isn't wise; stick with what you have, because the dmg varies so insignificantly between the forces that delvling one just to pump another isn't a good idea. stick with what you know, since you've become comfortable with it, and don't saste time/money changing.

Lustre wrote:
Hi,
I am a lvl 42 "Hybrid" on the aege server. My build is err how would you put it..."rather unique". I utilise 2 weapons my main being Bow which is at lvl 40 and Sword which is at 32. My main element is at is ice which is at lvl 40 and I have lightning at lvl 30 mainly for walk flow and nuke. (lots of sp farmed...tell me about it :P) But what makes my char unique form other is that my char build stands like this:

120 str
128 int

Currently working towards a 2 int: 1 str build. I am going towards a more intellegence inclined build as my ice imbue is maxed out at book 2 which requires 400mp per charge (going for the 3rd book at lvl 47). And as I use my imbue quite often, I figured an intellegence centralised build would be more feasible in the long run. I often get comments about how my char would suck at P2P, and will find it hard later in the game. However I have noticed that my build can outlast most builds when it comes to killing monsters for a long period of time. As I have decent amount of mana and hp in comparison to pure str (more mana) and pure int builds (more hp). I suppose what separates my builf from mediocrity in my opinion is the ice imbue as it gives me a chance to deal more dmg and combined with the increased attack rating the pacheon passive supplies, I can deal reasonable amounts of dmg in short amounts of time, which is the prolonged by my ice effect. (The speed difference is apprarently highly noticeable with the 4 and 5 hit sword combos...)

shortened your post in my quote, but thanks for the compliments at the end :) pump your int for about 10 lvls and you should be a killer nuker. i should warn you, however, that using two different weapons is VERY costly in SP and in total mastery lvl, and you'll likely have to choose one or the other as you get higher. i would recommend sword/shield, as the blocking will help keep you alive :) the rest of your build sounds great, and it seems that you and i share a philosophy when it comes to what makes SRO fun :)

Nss wrote:
Hi peeps, hmm i'm a great admirer of SG, and so my char, originally a max str glavie, has now become a.... 4:1 str/int >.< but after 10 lvls of training hmm it finally hit me that... only int base hybrid would work as a hybrid, is that not correct? if you were to go my ratio or just 3:1 str/int, ' hybrid ' the int practically dosen't do anything other then adding imbue damage, correct? there's no real point for me to get nuke cos i probably won't even be able to slap harder then my baby cousin >.< so hmm i kinda need some help to bring my str base ' hybrid ' back on track >.< please help >.<

again, post shortened for space. Nss, you're right in that yout boosted int won't help you much, especially at the ratio you're working at. however, it won't HURT you much either. your skills, as you listed, seem great for a str-based spear/glaive chracter; one way i think you could take advantage of your boosted int is to use a spear instead of a glaive, as this will raise the mag. dmg you do while imbued (which is already higher than a pure str due to your int being where it is), and you may do more dmg on average w/ a spear than a glaive in this way. if i were you, i'd buy/borrow one of each that are very very6 cimilar to each other and test it. get a higher lvl guild mate to wear a cape and let you bash on him/her for a while, and record the numbers. see which is best for you to use, but i have a feeling a spear might be a slight advantage. let me know what you find! EDIT: oh no! i hope you didn't delete your character yet!!! save it if you can!!!

XuChu wrote:
btw who ever said hybrids have any strengths at all was obviously
SERIOUSLY DISTURBED :twisted:

come to Xian and PvP me. or any of the other hybrids i've coached. we put up a good fight, trust me. i win WAY more than i lose.

SG wrote:
:D Hi guys!
This is my first time participating in this forum :) But i just want to say that Hybrid Kiks A$$!!!
I love this Silkroad game & my char: XiaoMei!!! To tell u the truth, at first i was about to dump her for a newly pure str/ int character. But as times goes bye...i'm actually having fun and getting good at it as well (been playing almost a week now)! She is now lvl22 with 80+ str & 60+ int(almost 70 i think). I switched from a bow to blade on her...and i glided my way thru 600 Chakji in two days!!! 150 the 1st day! 450 the 2nd day(time flies...)
NOW! you are more than welcome to say something about this....since i want more DMG attack on her (Fire Imbue) Wat i plan for her now is hold the STR now and go all towards INT until prolly lvl30+ Since she is good on HP-wise...
Do u guys think this is a good plan? Please tell me before its too late :oops:

oooh your name is like mine, kinda :) however, if i were you, ui'd use a sword instead of a blade as an int user. you'll do much better dmg. pumping your int till you get to 30 is a good idea, as this is when you get your nukes, and you'll be able to do really nice dmg at that point. however, don't go ALL int till then or you'll lose the HP advantage you've gained from going hybrid. 2:1 or 3:1 would be good, but i'd recommend 3:2 or 1:1 till lvl 30, then a higher ration afterwards (2:1, 3:1, even 4:1). at lvl54, i'm still doing 2:1 every lvl.

klaus wrote:
I never liked hybrids builds
but since last month i am playing with my first pure INT, he is a sword+shield with light/fire skills, i am at lvl 38 now, with only 10 mastery on bincheon and 35 on fire and light.

I never read anything for hybrids, only know what ppl say in boards, most common is "they sucks", "pure FTW" "go pure or go home", but today i saw some pvp btw a int hybrid and a pure str blader and the fight last long and ended with no winner like a pure strxpure str battle, the hibrid is a 2:1 int with spear and garment, lvl 54 and the blader is lvl 53 pure str with garm. So i started to think in turn myself into a hybrid, cuz in the battles i saw with pure ints x pure str, ints have no chance, 1 nuke cant kill anyone, they can pot ur nukes and u die in 1 sec when the STR hit u.

So i am thing in turn to hibryd 2:1 INT:STR, when i hit lvl 40, put i really dont know what it going to change on my gameplay, until now i dont really PvP with anyone and in PvE i just nuke and hit the mob, my guild mates says to me stay with pure int cuz in high lvls the damage of hybrids sucks like hell, well i already give a nice amount of damage with nukes and its not hurt me if do less damage but can survive more.

I really need help, hope someone still look at this topic
thx in advance :)

klaus, let me assure you - as a lvl54 2:1 int hybrid, i do massive nuke dmg. is it as much as a pure int my lvl? no, but it's not thousands less, maybe a few hunderd dmg if that. your strategy is a good one. i think boosting your str will be a good call for you, as you'll be able to tank some hits, which pure ints CANNOT normally do. it's what keeps me alive. people always look at me funny when i'm grinding and TANKING 4-5 mobs at once while nuking; i can see them thinking "wtf kind of weird character is THAT??" lol. so if you think it'll help you (and i tend to agree), do it. let me know what your results are.

Cal wrote:
At the moment I am creating/building a hybrid character on the Oasis server (due to me being unable to play on Xian because of the lag). Im not sure if anyone has created this type of Hybrid before, but it will not be based on the typical 1:1, 2:1 etc ratios. It will be based on my weapon of choice (spear). What I have found is that with the spear the magical damage is between 1.7 - 1.8 times higher than the physical damage.

So basically what I am going to do, is have my magical dmg be 1.8 times higher than my physical dmg (this will be without any type of equipment on).
What that equals in HP/MP? That will be a bit tricky as I wont have a fixed ratio of 1:1, 2:1 etc, but will be working to keep my magical dmg 1.8 times higher than my physical dmg.

Why am I doing this? I like to try out all types of builds, and I have always had it in the back of my mind to build a character based on the choice of weapon and it's ratios. As to will this character be any good? I truly have no idea, but I am going to have fun finding out.

wow, interesting approach. i'd be interested to see how this type of build would stack up against a character that's simply 2:1/3:1/etc. as you lvl and get to know your character, post some of your experiences here so others can share the knowledge you're gaining :)

ok guys, i promise to check this thread more often.. been really busy lately. feel free to PM me if i'm not getting back to your questions :) <edits original post to include that> have fun, and HYBRIDS FTW!!!

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:24 am 

hey sg i have sum questions to ask u since ur a high lvl hybrid n since u kno alot about hybrids. Well my character is a 2 str 1 int hybrid and i am a ice blader. at the begginning lvls (1-28) my character kicked butt at venice when it jus opened up against all othere builds including pure builds and i never lost in a pvp against my lvl. but at lvl 31 i fought a pure str fire blader named !nguyen! >< n lost. Right now im lvl 33 and whenever i go thieving dual nukers can kill me due to there big dmg, and pure str builds i still can keep up with. my question is that will my build be good later on liek at lvl 40+ and if not is there any way i can fix my character? and is there any high lvl str heavy hybrids u know that are good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:07 am 
Casual Member

My level 53 archer hybrid owns good against others besides nukers. I am excactly half and half and own most str chars. Its all about the archer skills they CANNOT pot fast enough to keep them alive. The archer skills are fast especially the 4 arrow combo. I dont know if I want to keep playing this char though cause its annoying that a pure int can one shot me because i still have over 4k hp and 4k mp which means i should have descent magic resistance. Although if i crit with any of my attacks and as long as I hit first the pure int nuker goes down EVERYTIME with one hit, IF I CRIT. Also I think hybrids like myself which are half and half are THE BEST GOLD farmers. I dont use alot of pots and if it wasnt for arrows i would spend alot on them. I use about 60 pots per 2 hours and like 350 mp pots per 2 hours. How does everyone else use pots compared to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:18 am 

Well you can wear garment to counteract the magic damage. Not sure if it's effective enough though.

Post subject: Hmmm
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:48 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

well every1 kept telling me to go fire go fire omg go fire lolz just do it more damage omg go fire etc etc so i finally did lmao now my mastery for ice is lvl 35 fire 20 lighting i forgoet 20+ force 20 + im all over the map i cant make up my mind but i was reading u said it hardly makes any difference, how sure are u of that ? it seems like that fire imbue that increases damage does really well , i have versed ppl same lvl as me in cape wars and the only reason im winning is my shield is +5 block 17, but deir damage is more i belive , so if u say stick wit ice i will but all the fire skills seem so good hehe so plz let me know sorry to bug hehe, but ye does getting all blue equip wit str help wit my phy. balance because i noticed i came from 86 phy bal to now 90 bal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:40 am 
Casual Member

wud03 wrote:
Well you can wear garment to counteract the magic damage. Not sure if it's effective enough though.

I have plussed out garment and still usually get one shot which is wierd since i am half int and my magic defense is 3X that of my phy defense and i have yet to get one shot by a pure str build. Maybe I just havent been crit yet I dunno. Hate mages either way especially with shields, that is prolly the best 1v1 char out ther imho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:00 am 

since SG insisted, i shall give this char one more go as hybrid, well i changed routes at lvl 31 instead of pumping int i've been pumping str, so i'm two lvls of int behind, now i'm lvl 35 i'll add int for lvl 36 and 37 then try out spear and glavie like SG has recommanded me to test out, i'll let you know the results when that happens :)

Edit: ok lvl 36 now, one more lvl then can try out, btw SG, earlier you said one of your guild's mate is STr base hybrid, can you post what ratio his going at? and which of the two weapon he uses? and also how does he fight, in terms of skill hehe , thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:37 am 

Geobot wrote:
love the guide. just have one question. alot of it is focused towards
int-favored hybrids, ie nukers. that makes sense, since you are one, you'd
know more about that. i can see advantages and disadvantages there. but
what about str-based hybrids? i'm just curious how being hybrid helps them. if
there are any decent level str-hybrids on the forums here, post up your
experiences, so we can see that side too ^_^

someone please reply to him, a positive reply too, i'm so looking forward to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:08 am 

im a lvl 35 hybrid fire sword (balance is 69:79 or 91/133 wearing some blue items). currently, damage wise, i kill robber followers and lvl 36 archers with (at most) one imbue/2chains, havent had the chance to pvp much only while doing 2star runs, i managed to win a couple of times against wat seemed like same level nukers, who took 2/3 of my hp yet my nuke took more than half of theirs too, other thieves that used glavies and blades i had no chance when i saw their 6 and 7 degree glowing weapons. im using a cheap lvl 35 sword and my sword/fire masteries are at lvl 31, all the others are lvl 10 for the buffs.

are there any higher level hybrids here able to maintain a 70:80 str:int balance or similar balance? if so how good is it at killing those high level monsters?
i just need some advice whether its worth keeping my build like this or just put all stats into strength or intel, also i have almost 3k sp, should i put some sp into another force or weapon?. cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next