Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Starting on the Silk Road
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:28 pm 

I got 2 characters. 1 ruined by the rollback and one i think i didnt build correctly.

Odds are as the server gets back on its feet im going to scrap them both and start a fresh for a third time on the principal that "third time is lucky".

Now ive skimmed through all these topics and they dance around certian aspects of the development of characters. I just want someone with a straight enough answer, to help from thier experience and for future reference other newbies can resort to this as a guide also.

Things I want to know about...

Build: Int or Str? The + and - of each

Weapon: Which provides to be the best. Maybe not from start to finish but as you develop onwards in the game, say, after lvl 20-30? How do you come accross weapons of high + etc. And wtf does a Seal of ______ have to do with the game?

Skills: Which force is better to master? What skill is best avoided as sp farming makes you really tempted to spend up in the aspect of getting the points faster. I spent alot of points getting all masteries to lvl 10 to get the extra "bonus" skills of extra MP and extra defence, etc. Should I not do that?

Anything else: Best attacking combos? Good procedure to lvl? Protector Armor or Garment? Hints fr making a job simple? Any other general tip/advice you can offer to make a character that wont be pushed over by everyone and everything throughout its life.

*NOTE* You do NOT have the right to tell me I cant spell :D
And if you have nothing to say as far as this topic goes. Please refraim from posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:07 pm 

Gears that have seals of moon/star is very different from the npc stuff. Go check it out and you'll see what i'm talking about. I'll give you an example, if you have a seal of star armor it gives more physical and magical defense compare to those normal you found on npc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:56 am 
Casual Member

seal of stars.. seal of moon.. and seal of sun...
they are all stronger than normal ones u get from npc or mobs drops
but out fo the 3 i dont know which is stronger..
as for ur new char.... pick which ever fit ur style...
STR build.. very high life points.. able to live thru a massive mobs attk..use mainly weapons skills.. can use atk buff to increase damage.. but cannot go too far in force...(can but only if u have a tons of spare sp)
better chance to live thru a pvp situation..

INT build.. very high MP allow to cast alot spells.. and deal high magic damages..thou mainly uses force skills but this doesn't apply until lvl 30+
cannot tank multiple mobs(can but need alot hp pots).. a well build int user. at lvl 30+ after obtained non-weaps force attk..well most likely abandon any weapon skills previously used...and in fact most int user gain lvl fasters than str build due to faster kills
(any info i missed?)

ARMOR- very high phys defense..works very well against melee attks..heavy weight caused slow moving..can be mix with protectors

PROTECTOR- got higher mag defense than armor but lower in phys def... compared to garment pro got higher phys def but lower in mag def..
also can be mix with armor..in theory this type of armor best fit for users who went both int and str

GARMENTS-very high mag defense.. light weight give user fast moving speed.. when use a skill less mana is needed compare to armor..cannot mix with any other type of armors
(pls add more info if not already listed)

Sword/Blade-- fast attk.. but less in damages... with a shield that make defense almost untouchable (not in pvp lol)due to low damages compare to other weapons S/B users are known for slow lvlers..

Glavie/Spear..high damages ..slower attk rate..in theory G/S users are the highest damage dealer.. can kill fast able to get out of a bad situation easy..

Bows-- far range.. mediun damages.. fast attk.. iinsufficient arrows in a boss fight can lead to (input what on ur thought here) :D

Ice force- not as strong as other but can freeze ..frose bite targets.. that means u don't have to worry much about getting hit too much..this force is
more of a defense type.. it got phy def buff..1 skill that freeze the target 50% and frost bite 100% good for getting away from a bad situation :)
etc etc.. the only offense skill ice force have is the lvl 30 nonweapon skill
and its no where near the damage compare to light or fire..

Lightling- more of a offensive type.. lighting buff give more damage than other 2..it has more offensive skills.. so if u want massive damage.. pick lightling..

Fire-- alittle of both offense and defense... got 1 skill that can block any magic attk... and fire burned status kills over timess (recommanded for str users)

*not really a guild or anything just what i know from playing the game *

and to compare everything at a higher lvls.. must need someone who got a high lvl char to tell us abut that.. all of these are based on my experiences from lvl 1-38...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:05 am 

thanks man
really informitive :D

I might try go a strength lighting spear build next. Dunno yet.
So much to take into consideration!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:45 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

ice,weak ? (i'm writing with winter gloves,so i'll get wrong ) I've tested ice,maybe more powerful than other.If you use a range weapon (bow) and the enemy is almost far the ice will save your life.Why ? The enemy slow down--->more time for reach you----> more time for kill him,and if you freeze you'll exit alive from 3+ level monster....

P.S. lighting is a s*it for weak levels.Not extra damage,no extra effect,wtf how can you make it sounds good ? ice forever !

P.P.S. if you're a good boy/girl you can also develop force to cure others.....if you're a bad boy/girl ,you can heal others for payment :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:42 pm 
Casual Member

i said ice is weaker than other in term of damages.. i never said they sux..
u try go in game and shout lighting sux..and do no damages :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:46 pm 
Site Owner

Rhaal wrote:
P.P.S. if you're a good boy/girl you can also develop force to cure others.....if you're a bad boy/girl ,you can heal others for payment :twisted:

LOL I must be a bad boy/girl?

I've sold people double price potions and arrows countless times while on trade runs. Heh heh.

This isn't a march of dimes here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:20 pm 

Supply and demand.

I demand you supply me much gold for my effort :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:42 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Now, when you mention int and str builds, do you mean full? And are 2:1 builds (of either str:int or int:str) any good? How about hybrids (close to 1:1)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:52 am 
Advanced Member

theo nly way to know for sure is to try yourself, someone may make a frickin awesome char for themselves, and you suck using it, its all built around your style of gaming.

I'm a hybrid, started 2int 1str until level 22 then went 3int, havent had trouble killing anything my level and a variable shade of reds (harder)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:15 pm 
Addicted Member

Your best to either go full STR or a 2:1 INT/STR just so you have enough HP to kill the level 35+ monsters.

For full STR I'd use Armour, Glaive and Fire that would give you full HP, full defense, a very strong weapon attack and the strongest magic too, the top fire skill combined with the 4th glaive attack, 3 hit attack and the spin attack will wipe out everything you fight with no problems.

For full INT or 2:1 I'd go for Garment, Spear and ice with the same skills as above, although bow is useful because it slows down the enemies and will kill most of the first 30 level creatures before they even get to you and the garment uses 20% less MP.

STR weapons: Blade and Glaive.
INT weapons: Sword and Spear.

Bow apparently works best for either, it's probably best to use bow/fire for STR and bow/ice for INT if your gonna use a bow.

I personally don't like the lightning magic, it's not as powerful as fire and not as useful as ice, all it seems to do it just attract more monsters cuz if a second monster comes near you when your already fighting it always hit's it too and then you get mobbed lol

The sword/blade are pretty crappy weapons to use, you get to use a shield but with enough protection and defense you can compensate for that anyway.

"Your a pushy little bastard ain't ya, but I like that.. I like that!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:59 pm 

Everyone masters lightning for the grasswalk tho dont they...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:24 pm 

Ziggy wrote:
Everyone masters lightning for the grasswalk tho dont they...?

Not everyone... but most people are and one of those :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:32 pm 
Addicted Member

Grasswalk? What's that? :?

The only use I can think of for lightning is to attract loads of mangyangs to build up your gold supply really easy lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:36 pm 

gresswalk makes u go faster i use it all the time

http://www.thecunningstunts.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:38 pm 
Addicted Member

Does it make attacking any faster or just running?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:42 pm 

just running i think i dont buy horses enymore it very usefull if u whant to get out of a hard situation fast :D

http://www.thecunningstunts.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:24 pm 

getting grasswalk to lvl 3 is about the same speed of the red horse. Not a head to head race but just slightly slower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:49 pm 
Advanced Member

grass walk flow level 7 is still slower then the shadow horse, for me anyway

it depends what character you are as to waht speed you move, for instance, back in the days of newbieness me and moogie, same level, same build same clothes no skills, Moogie was faster, being a floaty girl, and i am the blindfolded monk. armor slows you down too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:51 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

so....is 2:1 str not any preferable?? I was actually thinking of doing this instead, since i could have loads of hp and some magical power as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:02 am 
Advanced Member

try it :] it's just a game afterall, well, I know most here are addicted to it like crack, but you're meant to have fun playing it, if you dont get on with a 2:1str switch to somethign else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:50 pm 
Casual Member

Interesting, all these things are.
Well, I'm an Ice User, who wear spear and Armor and go for the build of 7:2 (Int:Str).

Just reach lv 16 so I can use degree 3 spear. :)
If I attack mob at my lv. by....
-Using only Spear, no skill, no imbue, that 's around 40 damage per hit.
-Imbue Ice and strike, that around 200 damage per hit.
-Berserk Mode with Ice, (O_o!) that should be around 350 per hit.

Love it >_<"
Grasswalk is cool, gotta try that now. Been spending gold for horses and scrolls.