Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:12 am 
Banned User

Alright... I've gotta point out two things...

Point 1: Sword Hybrids are not the best hybrid. You loose more damage than you think and the extra hp you gain vs the damage you sacrifice isn't worth it, especially once we get manashield.

Point 2: Hybrids won't suck at the 90 cap. If anything, naked 80~90% spear hybrids will only be better off then they are now. We will end up benefitting from both the new hp passive + the mana shield. These two combined will allow us to easily stand up to a glaiver and defeat them. [Hybrid or not, our skills still outdamage a pure int s&s.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:17 am 

Nyahgis wrote:

Point 1: Sword Hybrids are not the best hybrid. You loose more damage than you think and the extra hp you gain vs the damage you sacrifice isn't worth it, especially once we get manashield.

Point 2: Hybrids won't suck at the 90 cap. If anything, naked 80~90% spear hybrids will only be better off then they are now. We will end up benefitting from both the new hp passive + the mana shield. These two combined will allow us to easily stand up to a glaiver and defeat them. [Hybrid or not, our skills still outdamage a pure int s&s.]

Uhh... No.

Sword hybrids are best hybrid, cuchulain considers it a pro build, along with lots of other legends.
It's true though, once we get manashield, they'll bite the dust.

Spear hybrids is a lame, weak, overused build.
Manashield won't be worth it without block. Hybrid spears will run out of mp and then won't be able to attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:20 am 
Ex-Staff

Rainigul wrote:
Nyahgis wrote:

Uhh... No.

Sword hybrids are best hybrid, cuchulain considers it a pro build, along with lots of other legends.

Manashield won't be worth it without block. Hybrid spears will run out of mp and then won't be able to attack.

I don't wanna fight you bout it, but sword hybrids can't kill. damage is just too low at later levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:27 am 

Stress wrote:
Rainigul wrote:
Nyahgis wrote:

Uhh... No.

I don't wanna fight you bout it, but sword hybrids can't kill. damage is just too low at later levels.

If you build 'em right... I think 18 str is the best ammount to add.
I might add 18 str on Rain later, but I think I'll stick the pure path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:31 am 

Rainigul wrote:
Nyahgis wrote:

Uhh... No.

why won't manashield be worth it without block???
cause i'm thinking of going pure int spear. Hearing from all sides that I shouldn't do it. So i'm gonna wait till i'm like 64+ or so.. to see how i'm doing then without a shield. If i'm still doing great then.. i'm gonna drop s/s and go with cold.

Then I only have to drop fire when the 90 cap comes (if that really will be the best way to go, **waiting to see all the new skills***) But from all the ppl I talked to i'm thinking that ain't gonna happen. It's prob the new skills like double stun and triple stab that are gonna hurt bad.

<<This forum went all down the drain. It's such a waste. I'm no longer proud to be a member here so bye>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:06 pm 

flexo wrote:
Rainigul wrote:
Nyahgis wrote:

Uhh... No.

why won't manashield be worth it without block???
cause i'm thinking of going pure int spear. Hearing from all sides that I shouldn't do it. So i'm gonna wait till i'm like 64+ or so.. to see how i'm doing then without a shield. If i'm still doing great then.. i'm gonna drop s/s and go with cold.

Then I only have to drop fire when the 90 cap comes (if that really will be the best way to go, **waiting to see all the new skills***) But from all the ppl I talked to i'm thinking that ain't gonna happen. It's prob the new skills like double stun and triple stab that are gonna hurt bad.

Pure int spear has alot of mp, but it costs alot of mp to use skills. You need a shield to save both your mp AND hp.
If you want you can go pure int spear, you hit higher than crap.
But I wouldn't (I'm not discouraging you, I just prefer s/s)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:03 pm 

For the mana shield thing:
Pure int spear may have a lot of mp, but they will tend to use nukes more often, which will suck their mp.
Hybrid spear have less mp, but they will tend to use weapon skills, which cost cheaper thus sucking less mp.

So hybrids benefit as much of it as pure ints do.

Trans/Trans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:30 pm 

Rainigul wrote:
Pure int spear has alot of mp, but it costs alot of mp to use skills. You need a shield to save both your mp AND hp.
If you want you can go pure int spear, you hit higher than crap.
But I wouldn't (I'm not discouraging you, I just prefer s/s)

no not at all discouraging me. I'm looking into this right now...doubting if I should go s/s or spear. Started a topic about this. And i'm really leaning towards s/s now.
And you are making a good point here saying shield is to protect both hp and mp.

if ya wanna check out the topic:
http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=529224

<<This forum went all down the drain. It's such a waste. I'm no longer proud to be a member here so bye>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:57 pm 

Go S/S tbh dude.

(Just read the int bit properly)
your being a bit too harsh on pure ints tbh they dont die that much in pvp and thier not that bad against strs.
Capped and blued thier extremely strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:02 am 

DarkLaw wrote:
Go S/S tbh dude.

(Just read the int bit properly)
your being a bit too harsh on pure ints tbh they dont die that much in pvp and thier not that bad against strs.
Capped and blued thier extremely strong.

People need to stop talking about ints being good when they're capped, fully farmed and great gear.

I wrote alot of stuff, but I'm not sure it's fitting.
Anyways, I hate it when people give hypothetical situations like that.

Ints were bad at the 70 cap and they'd be bad now if str's had up-to-date skills.

However with the 90 cap int will do finely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:18 pm 

I disagree with your INT's part, when used right they can win in pvp :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:52 pm 

This is indeed a very good and clear guide!

IGN: Damien
Lvl 2x Wizard/Cleric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:03 pm 
Banned User

Nice guide, well said about the builds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:31 am 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i see one mistake in this guide though. it sais a full str glaive needs to have fireshield...WTH glaive can't use shields and i doubt people will use space of their allready too small inventory to keep a shield in there.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:07 pm 
Common Member

poehalcho wrote:
i see one mistake in this guide though. it sais a full str glaive needs to have fireshield...WTH glaive can't use shields and i doubt people will use space of their allready too small inventory to keep a shield in there.

It's nice to be immune to status effects... And some people do keep a shield in their inventory just for fire shield, but mostly for pvp though. Buff up then unequip the shield and now your immunities are boosted up.

Great guide btw Rainigul :)

Post subject: Pls tell me (IS THERE ANYWAY TO LOGIN WHEN SEVER CROWWED) ?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:25 pm 
My play time is ussually arround 2 - 3 hr before server traffic , so is there anyway to login when server traffic? If u guys hav any experience pls share it , Thx :D

Post subject: Re: Pls tell me (IS THERE ANYWAY TO LOGIN WHEN SEVER CROWWED
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:53 am 

lohr wrote:
My play time is ussually arround 2 - 3 hr before server traffic , so is there anyway to login when server traffic? If u guys hav any experience pls share it , Thx :D

People always say "I can't ever log in" and stuff. I honestly never have any problems with it. I can ALWAYS log on within the first five tries.
I always think "I'll try, and if I can get in my first five tries, I'll play."
Sometimes I don't make it on the fourth try, and I think I won't make it, but I always do :)

[EDIT:]
Oh yeah, there are no secret log in tricks or whatever, it's all luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:23 am 
Banned User

Premium ticket secret login art weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... dont tell anyone shhhhhhh >,^.

Nice guide btw. Should be stickied.

I dont agree on hybrids being pro builds. They're versatile builds. They were the glue you needed in team play. If you decide to be the best in 1on1 pvp then go pure builds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:42 am 
Common Member

Sylhana wrote:
Premium ticket secret login art weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... dont tell anyone shhhhhhh >,^.

I dont agree on hybrids being pro builds. They're versatile builds. They were the glue you needed in team play. If you decide to be the best in 1on1 pvp then go pure builds.

All guides for Characters and Skills that are any good are here:

http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=19902

This one is included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:29 am 

Sylhana wrote:

sylly, i still want to know wat ratio ur hybrid is that hits worst than a str blader :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:44 am 
Banned User

HBblade wrote:
Sylhana wrote:

sylly, i still want to know wat ratio ur hybrid is that hits worst than a str blader :wink:

Int heavy hybrid using sosun blade and sosun garms :). I suk at hitting hard but i could tank you well enough with your sosun glaive +7 (and union fire mercs >,^). I'm usually the last player standing, shooting mediocre nukes for support firepower, and dragging/kding (with lightning imbue) 1~5 players away from my more vulnerable team mates as needed. My initial build shouldve been using bow, but I found that sosun blade so I decided to change my build.

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Picking the right build for you
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:57 pm 

[SD]Rainigul wrote:

Pure int:
Base: pve
Style: High hitter, bad tanker
Essential skill tree: Lightning

If you LOVE seeing the numbers hit high, and like to fly through the levels. If you don't mind dying (which will happen alot) and not being the absolute best in pvp. If you love the hunter and trader jobs, then this is for you.
Keep in mind that you are going to die ALOT in pvp, so you must be sure you don't mind dying. It's not like you're going to die every 5 seconds however, you will be able to destroy people below your level with great ease, but if you fight someone at your level, you will almost surely die.

Actualy if it's pure INT sword+shield... You won't die very often and it's very good for PVP... Besides that, nice guide.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:36 pm 
Common Member

Magnum357x wrote:
Actualy if it's pure INT sword+shield... You won't die very often and it's very good for PVP... Besides that, nice guide.

It all boils down to your BR.

Just my 2 cents in it (npc gear):
- pure int spear vs hybrid int spear : whoever hits first wins. Usually the fight is reduced to 1-2 skills. Sleight of hand is essential.
- pure int s/s vs hybrid int spear :pure int would win maybe 1 match in 10(remember the BR 10 shield). The other 9 matches would go to the hybrid spear. Pure vs pure would probably be reduced to 1st shot.
- hybrid int vs glaive...again, it all boils down to your agility. Ghost walk phantom is your best friend. No lag spikes, and you could win enough times to call the fight even. Do expect to be called names tho.
- hybrid int s/s vs any build : imho hybrid int s/s has too low damage and is barely able to scratch the opponent. Maybe some luck would do the trick but i'd expect the hybrid int losing kinda every fight due to the lack of the passive hp.

Those were all my oppinions. Most of them are based on actual pvp, while the hybrid int s/s losing heavily is only my supposition.I'm glad if anybody could share some more oppinions, since im thinking of going int s/s on hercules(got tired of spear) and would really want to hear ppl's oppinion on this build.

And one more thing : Flexo, i know you're not going to listen, but if you want to go spear go a 5:1 hybrid.pure int's hp is too low to be of any good except gang wars.:) trust me i know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 pm 

skandal wrote:
Magnum357x wrote:

It all boils down to your BR.

- pure int spear vs hybrid int spear : whoever hits first wins. Usually the fight is reduced to 1-2 skills. Sleight of hand is essential.
- pure int s/s vs hybrid int spear :pure int would win maybe 1 match in 10(remember the BR 10 shield). The other 9 matches would go to the hybrid spear. Pure vs pure would probably be reduced to 1st shot.
- hybrid int vs glaive...again, it all boils down to your agility. Ghost walk phantom is your best friend. No lag spikes, and you could win enough times to call the fight even. Do expect to be called names tho.
- hybrid int s/s vs any build : imho hybrid int s/s has too low damage and is barely able to scratch the opponent. Maybe some luck would do the trick but i'd expect the hybrid int losing kinda every fight due to the lack of the passive hp.

Those were all my oppinions. Most of them are based on actual pvp, while the hybrid int s/s losing heavily is only my supposition.I'm glad if anybody could share some more oppinions, since im thinking of going int s/s on hercules(got tired of spear) and would really want to hear ppl's oppinion on this build.

yeah all sounds about right..

Quote:
And one more thing : Flexo, i know you're not going to listen, but if you want to go spear go a 5:1 hybrid.pure int's hp is too low to be of any good except gang wars.:) trust me i know.

lol i'll listen.. just won't go hybrid.. i'm going s/s.. you might be right.. but i'm just feel too strongly against hybrid.
I'm just using s/s now.. and i'm doing pretty good.. just have to switch from garms to prot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:34 am 

skandal wrote:

I think you're wrong... But, only on certain parts.

Pure int s/s vs hybrid spear, the sword would win. They could kill the spear in 1 or 2 hits, and they could surely last at least one hit. What alot of people don't seem to grasp is that shield not only provides block, but also extra defence. And it's ALOT of defence. Back on my s/s hybrid at level 52, ishades would hit 1-20 on me with a shield. With no shield, they would hit 150-200 on me. Significant difference imo.

Your hybrid s/s may or may not be right. In npc gear, hybrids definately lose out unless they're spear, but without npc gear, 83-85% mag balance sword hybrid is imo best build.

But now with the update, alot of the statements above are nulled.

I tried to update it without misleading anybody, I'll update it more thoroughly later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:58 am 
Common Member

nice and informative start point for beginners :) :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

great guide

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:36 am 
Banned User

Gee, I wonder who's gonna be the first troll to yell at this guy for bumping a 2-year thread?